April 23, 2024, 05:44:24 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1765115 times)

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #15045 on: September 22, 2014, 11:03:40 PM »
It's time to put some logs on the fire and move inside to the Pot Belly Stove.  The Front Porch is now closed for the fall and winter seasons.  We will see you back here to celebrate the arrival of spring on March 20, 2015. :wave:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 11:06:06 PM by WeatherWitness »

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15046 on: April 02, 2015, 04:29:47 PM »
Here's a belated but well-deserved welcome back to The Front Porch! :wave:

Thanks Ana for reminding me. :)

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
« Reply #15047 on: April 03, 2015, 10:42:23 AM »
It's good to step out here again and see the sunshine.  I hope nobody gets blown off the porch with this wind that I'm bringing from my area, though.  :rofl:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #15048 on: April 09, 2015, 04:52:02 PM »
It's been over a year and I haven't been making as much progress with my cartoon series as I would have liked at this point, but I believe that will be changing very soon over the next few months. I guess part of the slowdown in progress has been because this is a "one man show" right now. Creating the characters, the script, the backgrounds, voice over (Oh lord, please pray for me on that one, this could be a disaster!  :lol:) Also, I've been considering the option of veering away from After Effects and animating in Flash instead and designing some of the background stuff in Blender.

Since this has taken longer than I anticipated, I'm thinking it's best I just do a short of the pilot I've already written instead of animating the whole thing and see how folks react to it. My goal is to have something completed by the end of the Summer. Words can't really express how excited I am to be doing something like this! :D

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline boyercam

• Bringing The Weather Channel to the UK
    • View Profile
    • Website
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #15049 on: April 17, 2015, 11:52:25 AM »
Yaaaawnnn.

Hello everyone, back from hibernation. Have I missed much? :P

Can't wait to watch your series ToxicTwister, must be a tough project. Quick question, how are you doing for voice actors?

WxStar XL Web Emulator: http://cameronboyer.tk/wsxl/

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15050 on: April 17, 2015, 09:33:23 PM »
Welcome back, Boyercam.  :happy:  The big things going on have been TWC dropping Kim Cunningham and the Verizon dispute.  There have been a few severe weather events, including yet another Moore, OK tornado.

Good luck on the series, Toxictwister.  I'm looking forward to seeing something.  :happy:

At least the weather has settled down a little.  I saw what could be considered marble-sized hail but I hear that others in the area had hail that exceeded baseball size.  The rain and even the thunder made for some soothing sleep, though.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 09:36:39 PM by Metarvo »

Offline luesjo12

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Purveyor of Stars
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 35644
« Reply #15051 on: April 17, 2015, 10:18:44 PM »
It's been awfully stormy here in South Texas. We've been constantly pelted by thunderstorms and even severe thunderstorms. It's really getting annoying, and I can't wait to see the sun again.  :cry:

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15052 on: April 18, 2015, 01:04:35 PM »
For the first part of the year, we rarely saw the sun here in my part of Texas, with so many cloudy days.  Now, occasional snow in the winter is not exceptionally rare where I'm at, but cloudy skies six days a week definitely are.  My area's known for its sunshine; at least it's back today, anyway.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #15053 on: April 18, 2015, 10:48:14 PM »
Experienced my first night of severe weather last night here in Houston. Was under a severe thunderstorm warning, tornado watch, and flash flood warnings at the same time. Power went out for a short time overnight. FUN STUFF!
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
« Reply #15054 on: April 19, 2015, 10:22:27 AM »
Wow, I hope there wasn't any major damage there.  I don't actually live anywhere near Houston, but I've seen enough TWC and other weather coverage to know that they get lots of humidity and therefore lots of rain.

It seems like every corner of this state (except for desert El Paso, I guess) had severe weather of some sort last week.  Ironically, the only power outage I had last week turned out to be a short power surge when there was no severe weather in the area.  Even though I can't say that I especially like power outages, they do carry their own "cool factor" for me nonetheless.  If it's daylight out, I just use the time to take a break; it it's dark, I can get some extra sleep (although there's no A/C if there's no power :huh: ).
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 10:26:02 AM by Metarvo »

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #15055 on: April 19, 2015, 01:12:54 PM »
That same storm system that was affecting you guys in TX is affecting us here now in GA, but it's been very underwhelming here in Atlanta. Other parts of GA, not so much. There's been quite a few Severe Thunderstorm/Tornado Warnings this morning in NW ans S. GA for about the past 3 hours. Meanwhile I've been lucky enough if I got to see moderate rain, let alone lightning, thunder, winds, or hail that would qualify as a "thunderstorm". Regardless, were under a Tornado Watch until 3pm today and a Flash Flood Watch until 2am Monday morning.

Yaaaawnnn.

Hello everyone, back from hibernation. Have I missed much? :P

Can't wait to watch your series ToxicTwister, must be a tough project. Quick question, how are you doing for voice actors?

Actually I haven't started doing any voice work yet. I just recently settled on a mircophone that I want to buy/use. It's been a Catch-22 because I can't really animate much if anything without audio to sync the character animations and body rigs to. In the meantime, I've been working on the theme opening for the series. I completed the script for the pilot a year ago, but after re-reading it over again last week it probably could use some "cleaning up". Just a heads up to anyone interested in seeing the series, it's not a G-rated type of show, it does have profanity and some suggestive themes in it.

Welcome back, Boyercam.  :happy:  The big things going on have been TWC dropping Kim Cunningham and the Verizon dispute.  There have been a few severe weather events, including yet another Moore, OK tornado.

Good luck on the series, Toxictwister.  I'm looking forward to seeing something.  :happy:

At least the weather has settled down a little.  I saw what could be considered marble-sized hail but I hear that others in the area had hail that exceeded baseball size.  The rain and even the thunder made for some soothing sleep, though.

Thanks Metarvo!

If anyone is interested, I can post the pilot script and maybe a character profile on the main characters here. If you are interested and you're also willing to take it a step further and offer any feedback/suggestions that would be much appreciated too. :thumbsup:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15056 on: April 19, 2015, 07:41:19 PM »
Experienced my first night of severe weather last night here in Houston. Was under a severe thunderstorm warning, tornado watch, and flash flood warnings at the same time. Power went out for a short time overnight. FUN STUFF!

You mean you didn't experience any of that in California?! :bleh:

It's been awfully stormy here in South Texas. We've been constantly pelted by thunderstorms and even severe thunderstorms. It's really getting annoying, and I can't wait to see the sun again.  :cry:

It seems like every corner of this state (except for desert El Paso, I guess) had severe weather of some sort last week.

Yeah, it's rather unusual to see so much severe weather for south and south-central Texas, especially for a few days in a row.  The "severe weather season" seems to be on par or maybe slightly above average so far.  In Oklahoma (at least statewide) there has been at least one occurrence of widespread severe weather once a week since late-March - the first being the round of storms which brought the EF2 tornado to Moore on March 25.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #15057 on: April 24, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »
What've y'all been up to lately?  :)

I've been playing my Nintendo 3DS a lot lately, more recently Pokémon Shuffle and Super Smash Bros. Spring semester's almost over, and I'll be on the path to summer.

Oh, and if anybody here has one, let me know as well!!
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #15058 on: April 24, 2015, 08:59:25 PM »
Ten years ago today - April 24, 2005 - on a rainy Sunday afternoon I came across TWC Classics from a random Google image search of Weatherscan. Until then I had no idea that TWC had such a big fanbase. Can't believe it's been that long, felt like it was yesterday! :D

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #15059 on: April 26, 2015, 11:56:17 AM »
Ten years ago today - April 24, 2005 - on a rainy Sunday afternoon I came across TWC Classics from a random Google image search of Weatherscan. Until then I had no idea that TWC had such a big fanbase. Can't believe it's been that long, felt like it was yesterday! :D
Also on that day, my area got 4" of snow from a late season snow storm! In fact, the northern suburbs of Detroit got 12-18" of snow!