March 28, 2024, 09:13:56 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1753312 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13395 on: July 20, 2011, 03:57:26 PM »

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #13396 on: July 20, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »
Unfortunately the link to your video seems to be broken. :(

I just wanted to tell you that I'm back from my vacation in Gulf Shores. Very nice beaches! However, the ads about no more oil are definitely working; I sat in traffic for 4 hours from downtown Mobile to Gulf Shores. What should have been a 6 hour trip was 10.  :censored: And on my way home, I-10 at Pascagoula was completely shut down because of a truck fire, so highway 90 was a slow crawl for about an hour. Just glad to be back home (and did I mention I hate traffic :P).

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13397 on: July 20, 2011, 07:43:15 PM »
Here's what Martin tried to post, and it's not working as he missed up the HTML coding within his post.

Pretty much everywhere, it's gonna be hot.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #13398 on: July 20, 2011, 08:31:02 PM »
Unfortunately the link to your video seems to be broken. :(

I just wanted to tell you that I'm back from my vacation in Gulf Shores. Very nice beaches! However, the ads about no more oil are definitely working; I sat in traffic for 4 hours from downtown Mobile to Gulf Shores. What should have been a 6 hour trip was 10.  :censored: And on my way home, I-10 at Pascagoula was completely shut down because of a truck fire, so highway 90 was a slow crawl for about an hour. Just glad to be back home (and did I mention I hate traffic :P).

I went to Orange Beach this past June, and we had to deal with traffic as well, except our issue was that lightning struck a power grid that was about 50 feet from me, blacking out the entire city of Gulf Shores, thus no traffic lights.

Also, for some reason, our hotel had cable (most hotels have satellite). With that being said, you probably had satellite at your hotel/condo, so here's a look at the IS down there! :D

TWC - Gulf Shores IntelliStar - June 6, 2011
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:33:20 PM by Trevor Birchett »

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13399 on: July 20, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »
(most hotels have satellite)
That isnt necessarily true.. all the hotels ive stayed at had cable..
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13400 on: July 20, 2011, 08:46:20 PM »
(most hotels have satellite)
That isnt necessarily true.. all the hotels ive stayed at had cable..

I guess it varies on where you go...that was my first experience with cable at a hotel. But then again, I've only been to Atlanta, Hot Springs, Destin, and Orange Beach (twice).

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #13401 on: July 20, 2011, 09:00:26 PM »
That's exactly what the IS looked like where I stayed. I had cable!  :dance: Thanks for the link to the video, though.

Well, I guess it helps to not go on a Saturday afternoon. Also, it was raining when we went, so it was a terrible experience getting there. Glad you got to see that lightning show without getting hurt. :)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13402 on: July 20, 2011, 10:38:26 PM »
Here's what Martin tried to post, and it's not working as he missed up the HTML coding within his post.
LOL Thanks :P

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13403 on: July 20, 2011, 10:39:21 PM »
Hey guys! I wont be on here until Saturday, July 23 since I'm heading off to Las Vegas later this morning! My plane leave Detroit Metro Airport at 9AM, and will take about 4 and a half hours to get there. I just wanted to let you guys know!

Matthew
Have a blast! :) Let us know how you like Vegas!

Offline Jonathon

• Weatherscan Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13404 on: July 20, 2011, 10:42:37 PM »
Good lord, I remember seeing that video a long time ago. :rofl2: Thanks for posting it.  :thumbsup:

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #13405 on: July 20, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »
You guys are all lucky you get to go on vacation. I was going to go to Florida with my Mom and Sister but it turned out the week they wanted to go is the week I go back to university so that isn't going to happen  :thumbdown: However I did get my pass to CES 2011 which is so early in January that class isn't back in session yet so hopefully I'll get to take a vacay then if I get the money together to book the plane tickets and hotel.

On another topic who's excited for The 90s are All That on TeenNick that starts this weekend? I know I am! If you don't know about it they are going to be airing 90s Nickelodeon shows on TeenNick. As of right now these shows are going to be aired...

Opening Week:

All That
Clarissa Explains it All
Doug
Kenan & Kel

Subsequent weeks in rotation:
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
The Adventures of Pete & Pete
The Amanda Show
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
CatDog
Double Dare
GUTS
Hey Arnold!
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Rocket Power
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Rocko's Modern Life
Rugrats
Salute Your Shorts

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13406 on: July 20, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »
On another topic who's excited for The 90s are All That on TeenNick that starts this weekend? I know I am! If you don't know about it they are going to be airing 90s Nickelodeon shows on TeenNick. As of right now these shows are going to be aired...

Opening Week:

All That
Clarissa Explains it All
Doug
Kenan & Kel

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
The Amanda Show
CatDog
Double Dare
GUTS
Hey Arnold!
Rocket Power
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Rocko's Modern Life
Rugrats
Salute Your Shorts

Interesting that these shows are coming to TeenNick. I briefly remember seeing Everybody Hates Chris on that channel the other night, which surprised me because I only remember it airing on Nick @ Nite.

On another Nickelodeon-related note, would anyone be able to define the word "Nicktoons"? :unsure: To me, it means cartoons that are on Nickelodeon. But now that channel seems to be showing non-cartoons/non-animated shows, which doesn't make any sense to me at all. :wacko:

Offline kpetree10

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • HD WxStar ID #: 99910
  • SD Channel #: 15
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23277
« Reply #13407 on: July 20, 2011, 11:05:09 PM »
I forgot to embed the promo for the '90s Are All That block...

The 90's Are All That Promo [HD]

On another Nickelodeon-related note, would anyone be able to define the word "Nicktoons"? :unsure: To me, it means cartoons that are on Nickelodeon. But now that channel seems to be showing non-cartoons/non-animated shows, which doesn't make any sense to me at all. :wacko:

Yes, the definition of a Nicktoon is a Nickelodeon produced Cartoon but I guess Nicktoon's Network is becoming like Cartoon Network, just airing whatever, weither it's animated or not.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13408 on: July 20, 2011, 11:21:40 PM »
You guys are all lucky you get to go on vacation. I was going to go to Florida with my Mom and Sister but it turned out the week they wanted to go is the week I go back to university so that isn't going to happen  :thumbdown: However I did get my pass to CES 2011 which is so early in January that class isn't back in session yet so hopefully I'll get to take a vacay then if I get the money together to book the plane tickets and hotel.

Opening Week:

All That
Clarissa Explains it All
Doug
Kenan & Kel

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
The Amanda Show
CatDog
Double Dare
GUTS
Hey Arnold!
Rocket Power
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Rocko's Modern Life
Rugrats
Salute Your Shorts

Ah, Nick at it's best. It's kinda funny because before this channel was changed from theN to Teennick they used to syndicate a majority of these shows.  My favorite cartoon to watch was Doug and my favorite live action show to watch was The Adventures of Pete and Pete, The Amanda Show and All That. I used to like watching Double Dare also. They should have turned Nick2 into a channel for these shows to continue to be syndicated, that channel is pointless it's basically Nick running on a Pacific time zone schedule.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #13409 on: July 21, 2011, 10:33:51 AM »
Wow, so many of you guys are having  vacations! I'm going on a road trip to Mt. Pocono sometimes next week, so hopefully that'll be something to look forward to. And I don't have Teennick since I subscribed to Dish. I really wanted to see these Nicktoons. This pisses me off so much.