April 19, 2024, 10:34:33 AM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1760823 times)

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #12525 on: July 26, 2010, 12:59:13 PM »
I will enter Middle School in 10 DAYS! :wow: This summer has flown by!

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12526 on: July 26, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »
it surely has flown by. I haven't gotten a chance to visit all the colleges I was interested in applying to. :blink:

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #12527 on: July 26, 2010, 03:36:05 PM »
it surely has flown by. I haven't gotten a chance to visit all the colleges I was interested in applying to. :blink:
I didn't visit any of the college I applied to (applied and got accepted to 4 universities). Everything I needed to know was on their websites.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12528 on: July 26, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »
Just now saw a Subway ad featuring Jared for the first time in maybe 2-3 years! :blink:

I also cant believe how fast summer is going. This has been my best summer since 2007 :biggrin:
Have you been under a rock? :fear:  Jared is featured quite a bit in Subway commercials.  Maybe you just turned on the TV at the wrong time...

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #12529 on: July 26, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »
Just now saw a Subway ad featuring Jared for the first time in maybe 2-3 years! :blink:

I also cant believe how fast summer is going. This has been my best summer since 2007 :biggrin:
Have you been under a rock? :fear:  Jared is featured quite a bit in Subway commercials.  Maybe you just turned on the TV at the wrong time...
My parents dont watch too much TV and what they watch I have to watch :hmm: but to fire back at you I have seen him at our Subways all this time :yes:

Speaking of Subway ads I still cant get over the dinner theatre ads they had with Jon Lovitz back in the mid 2000s. Too funny for me :rofl:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #12530 on: July 26, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
I didn't visit any of the college I applied to (applied and got accepted to 4 universities). Everything I needed to know was on their websites.
It's always good to visit colleges if your curious about the atmosphere of the campus and whatnot that the sites may not provide enough of. I myself like to see how they're like in person regardless. :yes:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #12531 on: July 26, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »
It's always good to visit colleges if your curious about the atmosphere of the campus and whatnot that the sites may not provide enough of. I myself like to see how they're like in person regardless. :yes:
Well there was one college I wanted to attend but I heard mixed reviews about and the location is not really the best. 50% hate it, and 50% like it.

Offline tenkitsune

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 31
  • WxScan Ch. #: 30
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #12532 on: July 26, 2010, 06:19:49 PM »
Well there was one college I wanted to attend but I heard mixed reviews about and the location is not really the best. 50% hate it, and 50% like it.

I'm sooo ready to move back into my campus.... 27 days seems so far away.... x_x I'm a little afraid of classes, but I think I can do it if I have good professors.
**<(-_-<) *~I love TWC~* (>-_-)>**
Follow me: tenkitsune
Tumblr Me: TUMBLRING TENKITSUNE

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12533 on: July 27, 2010, 01:44:43 AM »
All of the universities I applied to offered 3D tours of their campuses online.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12534 on: July 27, 2010, 01:58:31 AM »
The best part of visiting colleges isn't so much about the college but riding with friends and partying!!! :D

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #12535 on: July 27, 2010, 02:08:57 AM »
Tyler, you missed out  :P

Martin is absolutely right  :biggrin:. I also agree with what Mike is saying...I picked ASU because of it's friendly environment, and also because there are some pretty good programs here.

During the application process, I visited a couple of schools including TCU and Austin College in Sherman (not to be confused with Austin Community College in Austin, TX), didn't really like TCU, AC caught my attention though. For one, I had friends there already...so when I visited we partied and i had a good time. Didn't get in though, I didn't intend on getting accepted either, but my friends wanted me there. I knew I wasn't AC material though, i didn't really try very hard in HS. now I'm thinking that was a bad move  :P

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #12536 on: July 27, 2010, 02:17:25 AM »
Tyler, you missed out  :P

Martin is absolutely right  :biggrin:. I also agree with what Mike is saying...I picked ASU because of it's friendly environment, and also because there are some pretty good programs here.
Why visit colleges to party when I can do that at home? :P

I think I made the right choice with my school... I love it, I've made great friends, been to some great parties, etc. Thus why I can't wait to go back! Now if I could only decided exactly I wanted to major in...  :thinking:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #12537 on: July 27, 2010, 03:14:24 AM »
I remember complaining to myself that I wanted to get out of the Imperial Valley so badly. Now I'm not anymore. Screw my hometown. I have great friends in college, and my family lives closer together. I can't wait to see them again in two weeks when a friend of mine returns from WA.  Heck, I got used to the 115 degree heat! I mean, IVC is okay, despite their crazy policies and stuff, but the best part is friendship. :)

I really can't wait till next month. I think I chose the best classes, better than last semester. I'm taking DREAMWEAVER!  :happy:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12538 on: July 27, 2010, 03:25:47 AM »
I hope my classes are much better next year as well. The only hassle I see is that Im taking my foreign language next year and drivers ed (which might be kinda bad seeing I have sensitive nerves <_<). Also, sorry if this has been mentioned before as I just dont recall posting about it, but the teacher who gave me my first ever F actually got fired right at the start of Spring Break 2010; not for flunking a lot of students (she never helped them much when they needed it :thumbdown:), but rather for reasons Id prefer not to mention :fear:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #12539 on: July 27, 2010, 10:39:57 AM »
I guess it is different for each person.

Unfortunately, I did not have the funds to start out at the school of choice, so I am about to finish my last year here at a community college.  However, I applied at 3 universities in my senior year of high school.  I was accepted to all 3, however, I eliminated Southern Illinois University right away after a representative came to school, and told me to my face that SIU would not be a good choice for broadcast meteorology.  If you are trying to get someone to go to your school, you DON'T say that :P.

The other two were Western and Northern Illinois University.  I visited both, and the visits cemented my decision.  I fell in love with NIU, and will be attending in Fall of 2011 :)  While I have visited friends at universities a few times a year, I can't wait to actually experience college life 24/7!  Going to a community college, it just isn't the same :P