May 16, 2024, 10:01:04 PM

Author Topic: The Front Porch  (Read 1781623 times)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Front Porch
« Reply #13755 on: March 20, 2012, 08:27:04 PM »
The 2010-2011 winter in eastern Massachusetts involved a sizable snowfall every two to three days from the end of December until the middle of February.  I would hope the majority of people would enjoy a year off from the misery of heavy snowfall.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • HD Channel #: 62
  • HD WxStar ID #: 31372
« Reply #13756 on: March 20, 2012, 08:28:32 PM »
The mornings on my front porch have been foggy. I like it  :cool3:
Youtube.com/Theweatherchannelman <- Uploaded the most Intellistar 2 videos!
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #13757 on: March 20, 2012, 08:41:35 PM »
The 2010-2011 winter in eastern Massachusetts involved a sizable snowfall every two to three days from the end of December until the middle of February.  I would hope the majority of people would enjoy a year off from the misery of heavy snowfall.

Well aside from whether you love or hate snow, you have to take into consideration the Skiing industry. I'm sure a great deal of the resorts in the Eastern US have suffered for the blowtorch winter that's not exactly good for them economy wise. The same way it would be in the Summer if there was a massive drought ongoing across a large region of the US and there were very low lake levels, Lake resorts would suffer.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Mr. Rainman

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13758 on: March 20, 2012, 09:31:48 PM »
Ah, it feels good to be on the Porch again, sipping some cool ice tea and slapping away those dang mosquitoes. UGH, I am not looking forward to meeting those little pests. Summer in the south, eh?  :bleh:
Tiddlywinks.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13759 on: March 20, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Looks like this summer weather that we're getting will persist through with a few breaks occasionally.  :no:

I don't like this new climate. <_<
My Weather Station

Long Island, August-September 2012 tornadoes, Hurricane Sandy, Blizzard of 2013, how many places on Earth do you know can get all 3 of those events within a 6 month period?

Offline Austin M.

• Founder of the SKYWARNAL Network, SKi0NiC Network Server Administrator
  • Graphical Editing + Meteorology = My life. The end
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13760 on: March 21, 2012, 08:29:08 PM »
Went to the sporting goods store today and found a quite nice croquet set for $50 - quite nice for a beginner I'd suppose. This evening "on the porch" in my backyard, I played a game of redneck'd croquet with the hoops scattered into a small area in 76 degree weather. I remember why I love the temps in the 70's now. I actually have somewhat of a nice hobby now :)

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13761 on: March 23, 2012, 02:22:37 PM »
Why is it that the daily high temperature is always when I'm not home? :thumbdown: Today's high was 75.4°F at my station at 11:33AM. Over the past week, the highs have been before 2PM, usually, on a typical March day, daytime heating peaks at 2:30PM. Today, there was an exception, because an ESE flow began around noon.
My Weather Station

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13762 on: March 23, 2012, 04:33:26 PM »
OMG I HAD SO MUCH FUN TODAY :thrilled: I got to go to Busch gardens Tampa for their semiannual Physics Day event today and had a blast! i was with 5 other friends.. too bad i couldnt ride the roller coasters due to unusual heartbeat conditions for my age :( but I rode on their skyride and the log flume ride and got wet :P

Heres the pictures I took today on Flickr if you wanna see http://www.flickr.com/photos/64910646@N07/sets/72157629652633425/with/6863118712/

Mind the sunrise photos, those were taken on my way from school to Busch gardens since it was part of a field trip :)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13763 on: March 24, 2012, 10:01:51 PM »
Waking up to your smoke detector beeping and discovering that the power has been out for a couple hours for unknown reasons is not how you want to start your day on an early morning shift. :pinch:  Unfortunately, I had such a day, and I'm hoping things will be far better tomorrow.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13764 on: March 25, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
Quote from: beanboy89
I've been wearing shorts all this week, and it looks like that'll continue well into next week. All things considered, this winter just felt warmer than normal; I didn't even break out my heavy coat once. I went the entire winter with just a light jacket.
I wore my heavy coat maybe five days this winter and that was it. Even during our only real snowstorm last October I just wore a fleece and a sweatshirt. I also wore shorts all this week and most of last week as well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:40:13 PM by Mike M »

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #13765 on: March 26, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »
April 2nd needs to come soon. I need a break from modding. woo 2 weeks demotion leave. treating it as a vacation. xD

also hi guys i know I've been absent lately.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13766 on: March 26, 2012, 06:59:17 PM »
YES!! Google finally got new satellite photos of Long Island! These "new" photos were taken on May 26th, 2011. They probably released them within the past couple of days because I checked for new satellite photos almost everyday. I'm sorry if I'm going too far with this be we needed new photos. A lot has changed here since Sep 2010,  especially new roads. Just one thing, the quality sucks! :thumbdown:
My Weather Station

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #13767 on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:24 PM »
YES!! Google finally got new satellite photos of Long Island! These "new" photos were taken on May 26th, 2011. They probably released them within the past couple of days because I checked for new satellite photos almost everyday. I'm sorry if I'm going too far with this be we needed new photos. A lot has changed here since Sep 2010,  especially new roads. Just one thing, the quality sucks! :thumbdown:
They updated the satellite photos here a few months ago. I believe the last update before that was around March 2010. A lot had changed here then as well, such as the replacement of one of the roundabouts here with an interchange, and I-295 and NJ Turnpike widening.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13768 on: March 26, 2012, 09:04:41 PM »
Wait, are you guys talking about the normal aerial views or the newer 45° views? :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCCraig

• SKYWARN Spotter
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13769 on: March 26, 2012, 09:24:10 PM »
Wait, are you guys talking about the normal aerial views or the newer 45° views? :unsure:
We're talking about the normal aerial views. You can check all the satellite photos taken in your area with Google Earth. Just one thing, the dates aren't always correct.
My Weather Station