April 28, 2024, 11:01:06 AM

Author Topic: Radio's Music Trials  (Read 1154 times)

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 37
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 037
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Radio's Music Trials
« on: December 24, 2011, 12:51:51 AM »
Has your local radio stations done any "Music Trials" past or present? Those who don't know what it is, a DJ of the radio station is given an unknown song from a famous artist/group and they play it on the air at a certain time. And their listeners call in to see if they like it or they don't.

- Back when 100.3 in DFW used to be "KRBV Wild 100" (before Jack FM took over in 2004), they titled theirs' "The Wild Trials: Do It or Screw It".

- One person on another message board site said her radio station did "Jam It or Slam It".

- Recently, the music trials have returned to the DFW radio market, this time on Hip-Hop station 97.9 The Beat titled as "Smash or @$$". Smash if they like it,  :censored: if they don't. (I can't believe they let their listeners use that word on the phones. Then again, what Hip-Hop station doesn't use such language? LOL!!)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 12:55:20 AM by texasstooge »

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Radio's Music Trials
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 08:58:41 AM »
WHBQ (107.5, The Q) does that sometimes with Maney and Alexis Grace (yes, the one that was on American Idol. She's a local radio DJ!) in the morning. The last song that I can remember them doing it on was 'Good Feeling' by Flo Rida. I don't remember what they call it though :thinking:

Flo Rida - Good Feeling [Official Video]

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Radio's Music Trials
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 02:07:04 PM »
Not sure if any station still does it here, but I remember something like that when I was growing up. I don't remember what it was called. I'm pretty sure, though, that it had a more appropriate name. :P
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com