March 28, 2024, 01:18:32 PM

Author Topic: Playstation/Wii -Video Games  (Read 67272 times)

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • SD Channel #: 46
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Playstation/Wii -Video Games
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2016, 02:18:16 PM »
Nintendo never fails to surprise us do they?  :lol: Im excited, tbh I haven't been this excited since the wii. The far background and purple collectibles and heart? make me question what this game is, the one with like the town seems open world yet with the bullet bill and coin rings seems more sidescrollish which I dont like. Yes the MK port I think is amazing, I think it'll just be a massive continuation and remake of all past MK tracks and a few new ones until everything is modernized, so to say. All Im waiting on is Animal Crossing and dream come true more hd gamecube remakes. Notes of Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion if you will lol.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2016, 03:32:34 PM »
Nintendo never fails to surprise us do they?  :lol: Im excited, tbh I haven't been this excited since the wii. The far background and purple collectibles and heart? make me question what this game is, the one with like the town seems open world yet with the bullet bill and coin rings seems more sidescrollish which I dont like. Yes the MK port I think is amazing, I think it'll just be a massive continuation and remake of all past MK tracks and a few new ones until everything is modernized, so to say. All Im waiting on is Animal Crossing and dream come true more hd gamecube remakes. Notes of Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion if you will lol.

The good thing you can take from it is this 3D Mario game looks less "restrictive" meaning in 3D World there was a limit to just how far you could roam around in levels especially if you were playing multiplayer. This 3D Mario doesn't look like that (at least I hope not). It looks very much SM64 fused with 3D World elements which is not a bad thing imo.

The Wii U was everything I wanted the Wii to be and the Switch (looks to be) everything I wanted the Wii U to be lol.

That tablet and Switch Pro Controller tho! :happy:

Ghostrobo (youtube) was right, it does look similar to a Xbox One Controller.

You can see the other pictures of the Swtich here.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/gallery_lets_take_a_look_at_the_nintendo_switch

EDIT: Forgot to mention I wouldn't be surprised if physical 3DS games end up being backwards compatible with Nintendo Switch since we know the Switch uses cartridges similar to the 3DS. Although I'm not sure how the dual screen thing would work since that tablet is single screen and we don't know for sure if the tablet is touchscreen, I'm just assuming it may be.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:57:17 PM by toxictwister00 »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2016, 07:09:19 PM »
Yeah, I signed up for gamestops update thing already to get my preorder in first, yeah Ive gone this crazy, I just hope this picks up what nintendo has lost. Yes while Im getting so pent and built up on a  3d mario, were left with a very sickening reality, these could all juts be tech demos. Please I hope with everything I have its like a 64. I miss collecting power stars tbh. I know miyamoto said that SMG3 was possible for the NX, well now switch, love the name already, the detachable controllers makes this a reality. cough, spin, cough lol to be truthfully honest, I think its been too long for the super mario galaxy line, idk just contemplating this until we get the next nintendo direct with more switch info. Price is just a number to me   :thumbsup: so Im getting mine on whatever day it comes out, although judging from the reaction, and the name, it'd sell like mad even for a christmas release. Yeah I know impossible. I like how sleek it is and the fact I love playign console games on a tablet, the only possible folly I can find with the switch is the detachable controllers getting lost broken, not connecting, etc, theyre looking at a huge customer support payout line and warranty line, they should just include two sets of detachable controllers as a precautionary. hahaha

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2016, 12:36:23 PM »
Yeah, I signed up for gamestops update thing already to get my preorder in first, yeah Ive gone this crazy, I just hope this picks up what nintendo has lost. Yes while Im getting so pent and built up on a  3d mario, were left with a very sickening reality, these could all juts be tech demos. Please I hope with everything I have its like a 64. I miss collecting power stars tbh. I know miyamoto said that SMG3 was possible for the NX, well now switch, love the name already, the detachable controllers makes this a reality. cough, spin, cough lol to be truthfully honest, I think its been too long for the super mario galaxy line, idk just contemplating this until we get the next nintendo direct with more switch info. Price is just a number to me   :thumbsup: so Im getting mine on whatever day it comes out, although judging from the reaction, and the name, it'd sell like mad even for a christmas release. Yeah I know impossible. I like how sleek it is and the fact I love playign console games on a tablet, the only possible folly I can find with the switch is the detachable controllers getting lost broken, not connecting, etc, theyre looking at a huge customer support payout line and warranty line, they should just include two sets of detachable controllers as a precautionary. hahaha

Yeah, I heard Amazon is doing a waiting list for pre-orders on the Switch also. The HYPE is REAL. :yes:

Now that some time has passed, I figured I would point out some pros and cons that I saw from the trailer video.

+PROS
-They took the tablet controller concept and vastly improved it where the tablet is the heart and brain of the console. This is exactly what the concept of the Wii U SHOULD have been.

-I like the idea of the detachable controllers where two players can split using the L side and the other player can play with the R side. So by default you have at least two controllers from the start which is nice compared to the Wii U where it was mainly only the Game pad bundled in.

-I like the switch (no pun intended) to game cards (similar to the 3DS) and it makes sense if you're going to fuse a console/handheld experience together.

-I like that there will still be a traditional controller. Enough said. :happy:

-Other than Zelda, assuming all the other gameplay footage of games is legit, the Switch looks to have a solid library of games for 2017. I'm curious to see what other games are announced between now and March.

-3rd Party Support with some big hitters announced via a press release by Nintendo. Now the million dollar question is will they stay on board or will they immediately bail out like they did with the Wii U. :lol:

-CONS

-I'm too am concerned about the size of those Joy Cons, it seems like they would be uncomfortable to hold. That's about it for now because there's still more to learn about what the Switch is. So my opinions are subject to change.

This isn't a pro or con, but I noticed like a lot of people there were no kid actors in the Switch video. It was mainly teens and young adults. That's a very different approach from Nintendo compared to the past decade of the Wii/Wii U era where it was all about families of all ages playing together.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 47
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2016, 08:46:33 PM »
Anyone played the PlayStation VR?

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »
Long time since I've been here. But hey we finally know about the Switch haha. Mine is on pre-order with the grey joy-con. I also pre-ordered Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which I am freaking excited for. Also I'm happy to see Super Mario Odyssey isn'y just a tech demo and is going to be the open world platformer I have been waiting, and dreaming, for. The "New Donk City" seems really awesome, especially the ability to wall jump off skyscrapers and jump off of them, and too, to climb up light poles and streetlights. Hats seem to fit the theme of the game as everyone, even bowser wears one, even the creepy sims-like people. Btw throwing his cap and jumping off of it, truly genius. His moves seem perfectly melted into this decade from SM64. The purple things seem to be parts for his hat shaped ship. I did however spot what look like purple coins aside from the bolts and nuts. I hope with all my heart power stars or red coins return. They seemed to show off the biggest areas of the game and I would hope we have smaller 'sandbox' style levels not too big, not too much, and not too little. As a Mario fan I am very particular about my levels. lol Carrying on over to Splatoon 2, being marked as Spla2n by some people. I can't wait for it, I seem more excited for this than I was for the original, but that's how I always seem. MK8 Deluxe offers alot of new fun, but more so alot of the old too. King Boo, Bowser Jr. Dry Bones, and the inklings are great additions. The Question Mark character people are talking about and suggest is not unlocked yet, I beleive is the return of a random pick option. Furthermore the 'smart-steering' option seems great cosnidering how many damn times I fly off the road in 200cc. While I'm Sad no new tracks will be added, the retro battle courses and the new ones seem fun. Luigi's Mansion seem breathtaking even for Mario Kart. The double item box returning is wonderful, it took me by surprise and made me so happy. I hope future DLC comes in the future and adds Diddy Kong, Birdo, Petey Piranha and maybe the parakoopa guy. What would be fun is if they brought back the ability to have two players on one kart, almost adding a double dash mode. Bob-omb blast is great to see returning. I wish Shine runners or shine battle would return, its odd the crown for the trophy of winning battle mode has a shine sprite on it. hmmmm on that note it is rather odd miyamoto stated Odyssey is going back to the roots of Super Mario Sunshine, is something bubbling up behind the scenes in time for E3? hehe -Me planning on a Sunshine HD actually happening. I do see Gamecube games coming on the switch on the VC. Animal Crossing has to be announced at E3, and E3 seems liek its going to be Jam-packed this year after last year's paltry show. Luigi's Mansion I pray is in the cards as either a remake or a full blown 3. It has to be and especially after seeing it in the MK8D graphics it seems wonderful. I wouldn't call the galaxy series off just yet, with the IR thing on the right Joy con, the joy cons can act liek the wiimote and nunchuk for SMG3 possibly. 4 games on launch day for the Switch seems sad, even if Zelda is the main event what about the people who arent into Zelda? 1,2 Switch seems fun but you need liek 6 people to play it seems liek and the other two make no sense. Moving onto the bad, the games so far seem greta but badly spaced apart. The controls well it seems liek things are gonna be tight especially with the joysticks also how on MK8D the frame rate drops with mulltiplayer seemingly even lower with 2 players it now is liek playing with 3 or 4 also to note the dock does improve performance. I hate the online services fee, but I guess they have to make money somehow, with that they shoudl just give it anywhere servie as if it were a cellphone so you can use the internet and go online in games no matter where you are. atleast you dotn have to pay to get in the e-shop. What is your take on the switch and the games and etc etc etc?

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »
It'll be easier to list all my pros, cons, and maybes into an organized list on the Switch. Going off the top of my head so I may forget some things.

PROS
Super Mario Odyssey - What can really be said, it was clearly one of two of the best highlights of the Switch Presentation. A TRUE 3D Mario, not this 2 or 2.5D World Mario crap (although I did and still do like 3D World :P) It was interesting to hear the producer of this game say they're drawing inspiration from Super Mario 64/Sunshine. That real world environment was cool, but weird at the same time because of the real looking people, why were they dressed like it was 1957?! :lol: The other worlds blew me away in just how gorgeous they look, especially that rainforest looking area. Lastly, I like that there appears to be a story element in this game. I don't know why Nintendo doesn't provide a good story to the gameplay of their Mario games, it could work if they put the effort in. It's refreshing. :yes:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Again, what can really be said other than WOW. Never was a big Zelda fan, but this game here......I'm gradually becoming one because I'm hyped for this Zelda game.

ARMS - It gives off a Super Smash Bros/Punchout vibe, it could be fun, plus it's a new IP, that's even better. It's about time Nintendo experimented with new IPs again like they did with Splatoon.

Splatoon 2 -Still haven't played the original yet, but this sequel looks fantastic! Can't wait to see more of it!

CONS
Prices - I'm sorry, I love Nintendo, but not enough to justify $70 for a Switch Pro controller or $80 for a L & R Joy-Con Controllers. I don't care how many bells and whistles they cram in there or how many ice cubes you can feel jingle inside a cup. I got a PS4 and Dualshock 4 controllers don't even cost that much unless you're buying them from a shady scalper. These prices they're charging are ridiculous!

MAYBE
Paid Online Subscription - Part of me is ok with this, they're just going the route of Playstation/XBOX on this. I'm mainly a solo/local multiplayer gamer so I don't play much of any games online so it has little effect on me anyway. However, it's not ok for others who do play online a lot if Nintendo isn't offering anything of value for the paid subscription. Here's a great idea for Nintendo, instead of doing the crappy thing PlayStation does with PS+ why not offer your subscribers the choice to choose what game(s) they want to get as a free game(s) of the month instead of cherry picking the games most don't want anyway.

3rd Party Games - Nintendo claimed in their Switch presentation at least 80 games are under development currently for the Switch from 3rd party developers, however I know better than to drink the kool aid on that one given they promised overwhelming 3rd party support for the Wii U and as soon as the Wii U tanked, 3rd party developers fled like cockroaches. I'll believe it when I see it.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - I love MK8, I love Mario Kart in general, it's my favorite Nintendo 1st party franchise, but I can't see paying $60 for the same game again with the same stuff (including DLC I already have) with only a few additional new characters and a better battle mode. I've never played a MK game for the battle mode, I played MK for Grand Prix and Time Trials so I couldn't care less about a better battle mode. I was so disappointed to hear there will be no new tracks, that would have sealed the deal for me. :( Oh well, maybe the rumor about a MK9 will be true, there's no way MK8 Deluxe will be the only MK game on Switch unless they keep updating it with DLC.

NintenGamers Nation

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I do find the mere "sprinkles" of new content in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to be welcomed, but the decision for no new tracks did disappoint me. For them to have given the effort to at least bring in an updated battle mode, new characters and polished features for a re-released port, I will find it hard to believe that they do not plan on bringing more tracks to this game in the future. MK9 tbh I really don't know, Mario Kart 8 and now deluxe seem to be so perfectly cemented in the series that I don't see another "kart" until Nintendo's next handheld, or atleast 2-3 years from now if even on the Switch. Mario Kart 8 was hit so precisely and perfectly on the quality it delivers that it is unreasonably hard to see another entry at this point, how can you top the best of the best? I believe more content is on the way, most likely either announced in a direct, before April 28th, or at E3 it will have it's own spot. After all, what we saw in the treehouse event and presentations, were essentially E3-like demos. Not the actual game or home screen. There are probably more nuggets hiding for us to find.

Splatoon 2

I own the original and played it quite frequently when it first came out, that is to say I haven't picked up the game in over a year. Splatoon 2 does seem interesting as the controls seem more free than Wii U's and the new content seems rather dashing compared to what was dropped in the original. I know I will be buying this game.

Super Mario Odyssey
This is a masterpiece already by Nintendo. Bravo to Miyamoto, and the EAD team Id presume, on it! Christmas this year will have one big perk to it. lol I really hope Mario Collects power stars, I will be sold permanently if that's his goal. The open world and no time limits make this an instant, yes. More content is undoubtedly going to be shown off at E3 and I can not wait to see what is in store.

Un-announced/wanted games

Animal Crossing - E3 most likely, it will shock em if the switch too does not get an installment.

Luigi's Mansion - Both sold particularly well and Ill be shocked if an HD Remake or another installment, doesn't happen during the switch's lifetime.

Super Mario Sunshine - 15th anniversary this year, fans have been crawling for something with it for years. I want at least a virtual console release.

Virtual Console GameCube- It needs to, and has to happen if they want the switch to win. Taking GameCube games on the go is a dream come true for many Nintendo fans.

Multimedia Support -This upsets me, No internet browser and no capability to watch anything on this... at launch. I understand it is a 'dedicated gaming platform' but when you have basically no games for the first year of the consoles launch, what sense is this making? I guess a waiting game.

Paid online services- This really upsets me, you're telling me, if I want to race online in MK8D, I'm going to have to pay for it? *sigh* On a bright note, it may scare away hackers from online races.

Switch itself
I pre-ordered mine last Friday before they sold out everywhere. I bought the grey joy-con version as the red and blue model didn't impress me :/ I enjoyed how you said, I don't care how many Ice cubes Nintendo can simulate in those controllers. haha, that cracked me up man! xD Battery life seems decent although it does seem odd that without purchasing another charger I'm going to have to use the ac adapter in the dock to charge the switch. (Docked MK8D graphics seem great btw.)

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 21, 2017, 07:32:43 PM »
These are some Switch games I'm interested in, it's not a complete list. I'll probably update it again at the later time.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Super Bomberman R
Just Dance 2017
Snipperclips: Cut it Out, Together!
Fast RMX
Has Been Heroes
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
ARMS
Puyo Puyo Tetris
Sonic Mania
Redout
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
Splatoon 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Super Mario Odyssey
Fire Emblem Warriors
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Rayman Legends: Definitive Edition
Project Sonic 2017
Minecraft
Minecraft: Story Mode - The Complete Adventure
Stardew Valley
State of Mind
Yooka-Laylee - This one isn't officially confirmed for the Switch, but the Wii U version was recently cancelled so... :whistling:

NintenGamers Nation

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2017, 01:05:31 AM »
the fake item box Im not 100% if its real or not, the battle mode emblems have been confirmed as have the amiibo mii things.

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2017, 01:08:37 AM »
Yeah..

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2017, 08:26:51 AM »
Fake items huh... I was going to say double dash was the last to use fake items, but I think MKDS had them too if I recall correctly. Interesting throwback just like the feather item which I don't believe has been used since the original MK game 25 years ago. :blink:

NintenGamers Nation

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2017, 02:05:14 PM »
Actually MK Wii was the last to use fake item boxes.  If they bring back the fake item box and feather and boo + double item boxes + shine runners or thief for battle mode + possible new tracks in future DLC this will be the best Mario Kart ever made and will be a huge seller by any means. You are right on the feather, what sucks As it only appears in battle mode  <_<

Offline Metarvo

• Doesn't record TWC
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #103 on: February 03, 2017, 06:04:48 PM »
I think MK64 had the best fake items, though.  They actually resembled real ones a little more and could deflect hits.  I guess later on they worked as a junky item for people in first to get which wouldn't protect them from shells and the like, but that role was taken by the coin in MK8.  I hate seeing anything be taken out of the game, with the exception of the thunder cloud (no offense, S07 :happy: ).  I don't think anybody liked that item.

As far as double item boxes go, I think those were in Double Dash only because of the two-to-a-kart mechanic.  Each player could only hold one item at a time, though; in most MK games, you can hold an item behind you and collect a second in reserve.

The more I play MK over the years, though, I find that mushrooms are my favorite item in the game.  When used right, they can be difference makers.  In MKWii and MK7, they can even be used to dodge the dreaded blue shell.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 06:16:54 PM by Metarvo »

Offline SO7430

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2017, 10:30:37 PM »
Sadly I have never played MK64. I do know that Koopa Troopa Beach is my favorite course from the game. Music is A+ if you ask me. Kalamari Desert was good too. Mario Kart Wii, the thunder cloud and mega mushroom have to be the most hated of items in my book. Next to the Tanooki leaf item in MK7. The fake item box, deserves a return, along with with the boo and feather. It would make it nice if you hit the fake item box and you shrunk like when struck by Lightning. Coins are over-used in MK8 I think they, along with the piranha plant item need to be removed. Keep the rupee in the hyrule circuit item slot, and I guess the bell from animal Crossing.

Double item boxes appeared in DD for that reason but also for special Items. (those need a return too) It is so great of them to revive this feature, and two item slots.

The starman is my favorite item, as it allows you to blow through everything. I love purposely hitting players in front of me as payback from when they hit me.