April 24, 2024, 05:09:44 PM

Author Topic: I'm Leaving... for now.  (Read 4712 times)

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: I'm Leaving... for now.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 07:03:23 PM »
They pick on you at school because of what you do on the internet? Well TWC fans aren't the most popular people in schools. I simply laugh and say its a hobby if anyone mentions it. I personally dont let these things get to me. Its easy to simply ignore those people or just laugh with them. Dont let them bother you.

On another note I am pleased to see people acting kind when people have issues on which to leave. When I announced my father had passed away last August everyone was so helpful and supportive. The community here is really great. ;)

Oh my gosh, I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to your father, Martin. But yeah, the people here are supportive and try to bring each other up when they're down. This is indeed a very good community of people and I'm proud to be a part of it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:05:31 PM by twcfan68 »

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »
I must confess about something. When I started to love the weather in 7th grade, I kept it as a secret, because I felt that if I said, I would get picked on. Around 8th grade, I told my teacher that I have a huge interest in the weather. And I also shared it with my 8th grade class. They didn't care. In 10th grade and on my 2nd year as a staff member of the student newspaper in high school, I was chosen to do a Hurricane Katrina story, because the editor knew how much I love the weather and hurricanes.

Even though, keeping my story short, Duck Centro is a nice community, but I prefer moving back to my home town after college...

Here's some advice: Middle school bullies are stupid. That's all I got to say. Counseling is the best option. It may sound like tattletale-ing but it does benefit you and the bullies will stay away from you.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 09:37:02 PM »
I would never tell anyone in school about my habit with TWC or the weather. There are times where i can't resist though...

Offline Squizz

• Lé Gasp! Lé Squizz!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2009, 02:45:58 PM »
If anybody has been following me on Twitter, you'd know that I was postponing my date because I got the Sims 3. I was postponing it until the 1st Tropical Storm. I couldn't wait to get back on TWCT. That's why I'm here!