March 28, 2024, 11:27:00 AM

Author Topic: Election Day Discussion & Coverage  (Read 22037 times)

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21805
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Election Day Discussion & Coverage
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2010, 09:36:18 PM »
I doubt Obama is going to be one of them.

I think Hillary's going to knock him out in the primaries.   :biggrin:
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2010, 09:43:25 PM »
I doubt Obama is going to be one of them.

I think Hillary's going to knock him out in the primaries.   :biggrin:

Dream on. Hillary had her chance in 08, and she didn't then. She already ruled out 2012.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:10:46 PM by TampaMillTWC88 »
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2010, 09:57:35 PM »
I would have liked the Democrats to retain both the house and the senate, but you can't get things you're way everytime. I think a lot of Democrats screwed themselves over, by not rallying behind the President fully, and in many ways, echoing the attitudes of the right.  :club:
In liberal areas, yes, that is probably true. But in moderate Democrat and Republicans areas, they went with the president too much. And that is/will be their downfall. Our Democrat Senator, Ben Nelson, is a prefect example of that. Even Democrats (in Nebraska) are not happy with his vote for the healthcare takeover.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:57 PM »
I would have liked the Democrats to retain both the house and the senate, but you can't get things you're way everytime. I think a lot of Democrats screwed themselves over, by not rallying behind the President fully, and in many ways, echoing the attitudes of the right.  :club:  However, I am still very glad the senate is still in Democratic power.   :) The Republicans have been talking a lot, so it's up to them to (literally) put their money where their mouths are.
Or the democrats screwed themselves by rallying behind the president.

Do you not see any problems with one party controlling the house, senate and presidency? Balance my friend is key

phw115wvwx

« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2010, 10:53:16 PM »
Right now, I just want all the politicians to quit worrying about political power and focus on fixing all the issues in this country.  If they don't, they won't have to worry about power as they'll all be voted out in 2012, and I can almost guarantee it just by glancing at all the 2010 results.  Honestly, it's been getting harder and harder for me over the past decade to find anyone worthy of my vote.

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2010, 11:07:53 PM »
I would have liked the Democrats to retain both the house and the senate, but you can't get things you're way everytime. I think a lot of Democrats screwed themselves over, by not rallying behind the President fully, and in many ways, echoing the attitudes of the right.  :club:
In liberal areas, yes, that is probably true. But in moderate Democrat and Republicans areas, they went with the president too much. And that is/will be their downfall. Our Democrat Senator, Ben Nelson, is a prefect example of that. Even Democrats (in Nebraska) are not happy with his vote for the healthcare takeover.

How come it wasn't a problem when Republicans overhwhelming and unabashedly supported everything the Bush administration did, even when it put the country at deep risk? How come this wasn't a question, then?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 11:10:03 PM by TampaMillTWC88 »

- From "Moesha"

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2010, 11:33:33 PM »
Right now, I just want all the politicians to quit worrying about political power and focus on fixing all the issues in this country.  If they don't, they won't have to worry about power as they'll all be voted out in 2012, and I can almost guarantee it just by glancing at all the 2010 results.  Honestly, it's been getting harder and harder for me over the past decade to find anyone worthy of my vote.

Amen. That's one of the reasons why I quit being a democrat and joined a third-party.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #82 on: November 07, 2010, 08:53:47 AM »

Amen. That's one of the reasons why I quit being a democrat and joined a third-party.

Ironically, that's how long it's been since my state Georgia has been a "Blue State", it changed to Red and has stayed that way since Clinton left office.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #83 on: November 07, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »
They wont be voted out if people just think every politician is evil and give up voting. I see that sentiment going around here and in the country. It is sad. The corrupt politicians truly win at that point when the American public gives up voting.

Personally I say if you don't vote you probably shouldn't complain. Even if both candidates are corrupt, go in there and cast a ballot for a write in or third party candidates. Stronger support for third party candidates often helps straighten out  the major parties by adopting some of the third party candidates ideas. Write ins are not always going to fail either... just look at Alaska!

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #84 on: November 07, 2010, 04:32:38 PM »
How come it wasn't a problem when Republicans overhwhelming and unabashedly supported everything the Bush administration did, even when it put the country at deep risk? How come this wasn't a question, then?
It was a problem. Democrats took over in 2006 due to the reckless behavior of the Republicans. Everything was going fairly well until the Iraq war. Once it became obvious that Sadam was bluffing about WMDs, the war became an issue that divided the country. It was because of that (and spending) that people went back to the Democrats. Same thing happened again in 2008. They also elected Obama, under the misguided notion (I admit that I was duped too) that he was a centrist and would put an end to corrpution and "the poltics of the past." Instead, he took what Bush was doing and ran with it. In the case of spending, he not only ran with it, he doubled the speed! He supported/pushed bills and ideas that were not popular with most Americans (like the healthcare bill and sucking up to our enemies). As a result, most people voted Republican this time. Not because they had faith in the Republicans again, but because it was their only other choice. They were voting against Obama, not for Republicans. Now we (conservatives) just need to make sure that they follow through on their promises.
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 07, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »
Do you not see any problems with one party controlling the house, senate and presidency? Balance my friend is key

Three words:  Checks And Balances.   :biggrin:

America typically operates better under a divided government. 
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2010, 09:00:22 PM »
Well, it is time to put up or shut up. The Republicans have been running their yaps a lot, so lets see them back it up with actual plans that can help the American people. The clock is ticking.  :yes:

- From "Moesha"

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2010, 09:07:06 PM »
Democrats took over in 2006 due to the reckless behavior of the Republicans. Everything was going fairly well until the Iraq war. Once it became obvious that Sadam was bluffing about WMDs, the war became an issue that divided the country. It was because of that (and spending) that people went back to the Democrats. Same thing happened again in 2008. They also elected Obama, under the misguided notion (I admit that I was duped too) that he was a centrist and would put an end to corrpution and "the poltics of the past." Instead, he took what Bush was doing and ran with it. In the case of spending, he not only ran with it, he doubled the speed! He supported/pushed bills and ideas that were not popular with most Americans (like the healthcare bill and sucking up to our enemies). As a result, most people voted Republican this time. Not because they had faith in the Republicans again, but because it was their only other choice. They were voting against Obama, not for Republicans. Now we (conservatives) just need to make sure that they follow through on their promises.

That sums it up perfectly.  The midterms of 1994 put an end to Bill Clinton's big government tendencies, and I'm sure the new electees are hell bent on doing the same thing to Obama.  Too bad nobody stopped big government Bush when they had the chance.   :angry:

I never bought into Obama's 'ending corruption' claim.  Remember, he is a CHICAGO politician, and that machine pretty much wrote the book on political corruption.

Oh, and according to Wikileaks, Saddam may not have been bluffing after all.
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2010, 10:39:05 PM »
Well, it is time to put up or shut up. The Republicans have been running their yaps a lot, so lets see them back it up with actual plans that can help the American people. The clock is ticking.  :yes:

LOL. Relax. The election was less than a week ago. It's going to take some time to reverse what they've done. We gave your side 4 years, the least you can do is return the favor.

Elections Have Consequences
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2010, 10:49:18 PM »
LOL. Relax. The election was less than a week ago. It's going to take some time to reverse what they've done. We gave your side 4 years, the least you can do is return the favor.

Sure, whatever you say. We shall see. Time will tell.

- From "Moesha"