March 28, 2024, 02:47:19 PM

Author Topic: Election Day Discussion & Coverage  (Read 22088 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Election Day Discussion & Coverage
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2010, 11:30:08 PM »
Rick "The Crook" Scott is now our governor, and Rubio is our senator.   :thumbdown: Once a Republican state, always a Republican state.  :hammer:
Honestly, Sink did her best, but less than 50,000 votes away... oh well. Im towards democratics myself but for the senate I went for Christ. Good job to both though  :)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2010, 01:26:09 AM »
@Martin's reaction to my statement about California.

I must have confused a few people. I'm saying I'm surprised that for a while, the republican candidate put up a strong fight against Boxer. I'm not surprised at all that California kept a Democratic senator.
Ohhhh :P that makes sense!

Offline Bryan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 47
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2010, 04:25:31 PM »
I'm so glad it's over with.  It's nothing but, personal attacks, saying what you want to hear to get your vote and everyone of them is a damn liar.  I did not vote.  They only care about one thing, themselves.  :thumbdown:

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2010, 07:02:16 PM »
I know it's WAY early, but does anyone have an idea of the 2012 Presidential candidates?

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2010, 07:03:42 PM »
I know it's WAY early, but does anyone have an idea of the 2012 Presidential candidates?
I doubt Obama is going to be one of them.
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2010, 07:11:15 PM »

I'm hearing rumors that Sarah Palin wants to run for president. (totally doubt that.)
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2010, 08:50:40 PM »

I'm hearing rumors that Sarah Palin wants to run for president. (totally doubt that.)

She seriously is not fit to be President and no I'm not saying that because she's a republican, she acts more like she's a celebrity than she does a serious politician to me.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2010, 10:23:04 PM »

Why are you doubting that? At this point it would surprise me if she didn't run.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2010, 01:50:34 AM »

Here is what Sarah Palin is doing... she is neither denying nor confirming her presidential run because she knows she can keep up the media hype and interest that way. There is no way she will win a presidential run and everybody knows that. She really is a somewhat clever person and knows how to make $$$ off of her political views. I think she is smart enough not to run for office.
she acts more like she's a celebrity than she does a serious politician to me.
So does Obama in that regard. Appearing on The View, The Late Show, The Daily Show, Mythbusters, Oprah isn't very presidential imo <_<

In other unrelated election news.... Keith Olbermann has been suspended  :worship: :worship:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:57:44 PM by Martin »

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2010, 08:35:23 AM »

Here is what Sarah Palin is doing... she is neither denying nor confirming her presidential run because she knows she can keep up the media hype and interest that way. There is no way she will win a presidential run and everybody knows that. She really is a somewhat clever person and knows how to make $$$ off of her political views. I think she is smart enough not to run for office.
So does Obama in that regard. Appearing on The View, The Late Show, The Daily Show isn't very presidential imo <_<

In other unrelated election news.... Keith Olbermann has been suspended  :worship: :worship:
Obama was on the Daily Show? The comedy one? How unprofessional...  :rolleyes:

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2010, 08:59:47 AM »

So does Obama in that regard. Appearing on The View, The Late Show, The Daily Show isn't very presidential imo <_<

True on the fact that I don't really understand why he would appear on The Daily Show, but it's not like he's the first politician to appear on a late night show.Ana was talking about Palin, not Obama which is why I brought that up. She can't even give a straight answer about a 2012 run, she has to beat around the bush by saying stuff like "Oh, I don't know if no one else better is running, I think it's something I should do." Either you want to run or you don't.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:08:21 AM by SnowManiac »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2010, 01:55:31 PM »
True on the fact that I don't really understand why he would appear on The Daily Show, but it's not like he's the first politician to appear on a late night show.Ana was talking about Palin, not Obama which is why I brought that up. She can't even give a straight answer about a 2012 run, she has to beat around the bush by saying stuff like "Oh, I don't know if no one else better is running, I think it's something I should do." Either you want to run or you don't.
He is the first president to do so many talk and tv shows though. Anyway you missed my point. If Palin comes out and says "Yes I am running" or "No I am not running" political interest in her would go way down. By not admitting what she is really doing she keeps the media suspense and hype around her going strong. Its a political move so that she stays in the spotlight and people keep talking about her.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2010, 02:03:10 PM »
I find the left's obession with Sarah Palin (and other female conservatives) to be quite fascinating (and often hilarious). I swear, this woman can't do anything without them blowing a gasket. Listening to some of them, you'd think she was the queen of the United States or something. They obsess over her "tweets," analyze her new haircut, and hyperventilate when she spends more than a dollar on anything. Who cares!? She's just a woman that has helped a few candidates win. She has no power over anyone's life. None!

And as for whether or not she will run for president. It's two years away. It's a big decision to make. I wouldn't expect any rational politician, except the maybe the current president, to decide something like that so early. If and when she decides to run, we can talk about it. But until that happens, let it go. :)
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2010, 02:04:45 PM »
I find the left's obession with Sarah Palin (and other female conservatives) to be quite fascinating (and often hilarious). I swear, this woman can't do anything without them blowing a gasket. Listening to some of them, you'd think she was the queen of the United States or something. They obsess over her "tweets," analyze her new haircut, and hyperventilate when she spends more than a dollar on anything. Who cares!? She's just a woman that has helped a few candidates win. She has no power over anyone's life. None!
Hehe amen! :yes:

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »
I would have liked the Democrats to retain both the house and the senate, but you can't get things you're way everytime. I think a lot of Democrats screwed themselves over, by not rallying behind the President fully, and in many ways, echoing the attitudes of the right.  :club:  However, I am still very glad the senate is still in Democratic power.   :) The Republicans have been talking a lot, so it's up to them to (literally) put their money where their mouths are.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 04:34:55 PM by TampaMillTWC88 »
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"