March 28, 2024, 07:45:45 PM

Poll

Who would you vote for on November 4, 2008?

John McCain/ Sarah Palin (R)
5 (26.3%)
Barack Obama/ Joe Biden (D)
13 (68.4%)
Independent/Other (I)
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 09:17:12 PM

Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Election  (Read 19420 times)

Offline Gil

• Tool Man
  • Ultimate Member
  • Welcome to Macintosh
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Presidential Election
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2008, 05:49:31 PM »
1. Racist.

2. What the hell kind of experience did Bush have? He was elected twice!
~TWC forum member since 2005~
"It is hard to do positive things with ignorance and delusion."

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »
My teacher said something like this too. She was pissed when everyone kept favoring Obama because of his race. She said she thought the whites would think Obama would be a disaster while the blacks think Obama will a godsend for the African-American population. She said it's not that, we're electing him because he's going to help out and fix our ailing economy. She said whoever voted for Obama because of his skin color, ought to not vote. And boy it makes me sick when people even in this day and age, judge someone because of their race. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it's not happening in the US, it's also worldwide. People should understand that there are more important issues in the world besides someone's race. Everyone is supposed to be equal and tolerant of each other.

The biosphere is collapsing. Glaciers are melting at unimaginable rates. More and more rare species are dying daily. The economy is plummeting, unemployment rates are skyrocketing.  These issues are more important then a president's race. Sheesh, can't people be equal with each other these days and focus on something else more worthy!

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2008, 06:05:29 PM »
My teacher said something like this too. She was pissed when everyone kept favoring Obama because of his race. She said she thought the whites would think Obama would be a disaster while the blacks think Obama will a godsend for the African-American population. She said it's not that, we're electing him because he's going to help out and fix our ailing economy. She said whoever voted for Obama because of his skin color, ought to not vote. And boy it makes me sick when people even in this day and age, judge someone because of their race. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it's not happening in the US, it's also worldwide. People should understand that there are more important issues in the world besides someone's race. Everyone is supposed to be equal and tolerant of each other.

The biosphere is collapsing. Glaciers are melting at unimaginable rates. More and more rare species are dying daily. The economy is plummeting, unemployment rates are skyrocketing.  These issues are more important then a president's race. Sheesh, can't people be equal with each other these days and focus on something else more worthy!
Vic, great post. I couldn't agree more about that.

Offline Robert

• Everyday I'm Shufflin'
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 974
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2008, 06:17:07 PM »

I Agree 100% Vic! I can't stand people judging other people based on their race <_<... Were all human beings! Whats the difference?! Everyone has to be bias because they have this urge to judge someone else on their skin color when there are other things to worry about..