April 19, 2024, 07:04:46 PM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1887299 times)

Offline mightynine

• View Profile
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #9360 on: October 17, 2014, 06:18:26 PM »
I notice that the current hurricane coverage is using the reverse colored TWC logo that was featured in that WCL from the future show.

Offline ap215

• View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #9361 on: October 25, 2014, 10:50:45 AM »
Weather Channel Shakeup: Sam Champion's ‘AMHQ’ Senior Executive Producer Being Replaced

The Weather Channel just took a Sharpie to its live TV organizational chart.

Angie Massie, former CNN showrunner for “Rick's List” and ‘The Newsroom with Brooke Baldwin,” has been named senior executive producer of morning line-up, including Sam Champion's “AMHQ.” She will replace Scott Warren, who is leaving the organization.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/weather-channel-shakeup-sam-champions-amhq-senior-executive-205100825.html

Offline SamRichardson92

• Sam R
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 427
  • SD Channel #: 06
« Reply #9362 on: October 25, 2014, 11:29:52 AM »
I notice that the current hurricane coverage is using the reverse colored TWC logo that was featured in that WCL from the future show.
:') What did I say?

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #9363 on: October 29, 2014, 05:22:45 PM »

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #9364 on: October 31, 2014, 11:55:14 AM »
Since today is Halloween, here's a moment from four years ago on TWC when Kelly Cass wore something green in front of a green screen to make it look like that only her head and hands appeared on camera. Even to this day, I still get a chuckle or two from watching this every time.  :lol:

Kelly Cass (Floating Head & Hands) 60-Second Forecast- Halloween 2010
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
« Reply #9365 on: November 05, 2014, 05:47:04 PM »
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/weather-channel-cuts-40-more-staffers_b244867

"Pink slips are being handed out this morning at the Weather Channel. As many as 40 staffers are being cut from the ranks of senior producers, show producers, and weather producers"

Someone name Rich who claims to be a Former OCM said this in the comment section of the article:

"I was one of the OCM's that was let go during the second round of layoffs in 2009. It's very sad to see what has happened to this company. At one time it was the best place to work."
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:50:09 PM by Adrian »

Offline TheStormExpert

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 380
  • SD Channel #: 58
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #9366 on: November 05, 2014, 06:23:08 PM »
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/weather-channel-cuts-40-more-staffers_b244867

"Pink slips are being handed out this morning at the Weather Channel. As many as 40 staffers are being cut from the ranks of senior producers, show producers, and weather producers"

Someone name Rich who claims to be a Former OCM said this in the comment section of the article:

"I was one of the OCM's that was let go during the second round of layoffs in 2009. It's very sad to see what has happened to this company. At one time it was the best place to work."

I'm assuming it was former OCM Rich Johnson who wrote that.  I remember back in the day when him and Sharon Resultan used to always work on-air together, good times! :cry:

Offline willh699

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • SD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #9367 on: November 06, 2014, 04:13:15 AM »
i don't know what's going on, but it looks like the 3 AM CT edition of Weather Center Live has been replaced with Long Form Programming, is there a issue at TWC headquarters in Atlanta or did they decided that the 3 AM CT to 4:30 AM edition of Weather Center Live was no longer needed and just decided to extend the overnight lineup to end at 4:30 AM CT for Wake Up With Al to kick off the live weather coverage of the day.

right now, what's on is Weather Caught on Camera.

update: WUWA now starts at 4 AM CT, looks like the 3 AM CT hour of Weather Center Live got canceled via budget cuts.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:03:38 AM by willh699 »

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #9368 on: November 06, 2014, 05:17:43 AM »
I wonder if any on air talent have been effected by the staff cuts?
Noticed for the last 2 weeks Paul Goodloe has been doing sports related taped segments and has not done the 5pm-7pm shift with Kelly.

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #9369 on: November 07, 2014, 11:13:06 PM »
It looks like there will be more changes to live programming this weekend. From this tweet, Bonnie Schneider and Mark Eliott are anchoring from 9 to 12 noon eastern tomorrow. I'm assuming this means that the 12-2pm hours have been cut. I'm guessing Alex and Jen will do 5 to 9 (since TWC quietly pulled the plug on the 4am hour in the middle of this week.)

https://twitter.com/bonnieweather/status/530826349200805888

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
« Reply #9370 on: November 08, 2014, 12:59:34 AM »
It looks like there will be more changes to live programming this weekend. From this tweet, Bonnie Schneider and Mark Eliott are anchoring from 9 to 12 noon eastern tomorrow. I'm assuming this means that the 12-2pm hours have been cut. I'm guessing Alex and Jen will do 5 to 9 (since TWC quietly pulled the plug on the 4am hour in the middle of this week.)

https://twitter.com/bonnieweather/status/530826349200805888

If this turns out to be true, than that's a shame. Ever since David Kenny took over as CEO of TWC, it has gone in a downhill slide with the addition of reality shows, dumbing down the LOT8s, decreasing Live Programming,. AMHQ and the increase of taped. fluff and non-weather segments during WCL. He really needs to go and be replaced.

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #9371 on: November 08, 2014, 04:09:06 AM »
Wonder what Direct TV has to say about this? I thought one of the reasons DTV and TWC made a deal was the adding of live hours that were taken away. The weekend live schedule is a joke with only 7 hours of weather.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #9372 on: November 08, 2014, 06:08:53 AM »
Looks like it's a good time for DISH and other companies to start looking at WN & Accu!(If it's even on yet.)

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9373 on: November 08, 2014, 09:48:28 AM »
Wonder what Direct TV has to say about this? I thought one of the reasons DTV and TWC made a deal was the adding of live hours that were taken away. The weekend live schedule is a joke with only 7 hours of weather.

The Weather Channel did change its schedule briefly to include more weather... but as soon as things settled down again it was back to "general entertainment" status for the channel.

Offline Nick

• View Profile
    • My Youtube Page
  • HD Channel #: 519
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28765
  • SD Channel #: 19
  • SD WxStar ID #: 25617
« Reply #9374 on: November 08, 2014, 12:47:31 PM »
As of Noon today I think "Fat Guys In The Woods" is on, so it appears the 12-2 pm block has been cut. So that's a total of six hours (4-5 AM, 12-2 PM Sat/Sun) that have been removed.

The way things are going, it would not surprise me if they cut more of the weekday afternoon/evening hours sometime in the future. So TWC becomes a morning show with 60 second (or whatever) live cut-ins twice an hour the rest of the day.
My Classic Weather Channel on Youtube
www.youtube.com/user/hookecho80