April 25, 2024, 08:13:06 AM

Author Topic: General TWC Discussion  (Read 1889874 times)

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: General TWC Discussion
« Reply #8400 on: November 02, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »
Courtesy of Zach, who found these images......

WHY is this stuff always posted when TWC IS doing it's JOB????????

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #8401 on: November 02, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »
At 7:25 PM ET this evening, TWC aired the '05-'08 Weekend Planner (I believe) opener music as background to the sponsor, before going to a commercial.
Do you mean Weekend Outlook? Weekend Planner was discontinued in 2005; there was never an 05-08 version.
Yes, Weekend Outlook.

Offline Patricius Maximus

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #8402 on: November 02, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »

That mystifies me as well. Perhaps that stuff should have been posted back in June when they went to long-form while a Super Derecho was striking. When TWC does what it should be doing in the first place and suspends long-form programming we should give them a pat on the back.

They have all day, and still are except for the concert. All of the networks of NBCUniversal broadcast it. For you to say that is incredibly insensitive and offensive. I've learned to respect your opinions, but this is going to far. Learn to have some respect and compassion for other people's opinions, because you, kind sir, have pissed me off and offended me immensely.

I do not disrespect others' opinions aside from merely posting my own views. I have never disparaged or insulted your opinions because I wish to lead by example. I have enough courtesy to refrain from laying an elaborate case against such broadcasts in the interest of your sanity and avoiding a flame war (as well as my own stress level), but it should suffice to say that I disapprove of anyone using compassion, whether deliberately or unwittingly, as a means to hold the rest of us hostage and force otherwise irrational choices on us. It might surprise you to know that I actually approve, or at least am indifferent to, relief concerts being broadcast on networks whose form and mission is consistent with such broadcasts. NBC qualifies, as does MSNBC. The stock market is closed at 8 PM, so CNBC qualifies as well. TWC's mission of covering weather and broadcasting weather information is in conflict with such a broadcast. It simply doesn't belong on TWC and if it were not for their sappiness it would not have been broadcast on TWC. In any case the concert would not be harmed in the least by being broadcast on three channels instead of four.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #8403 on: November 02, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »
Courtesy of Zach, who found these images......

I hope you realize these images are from months ago and are just now being posted onto the forums.. they were also meant to convey a bit of humor about TWC has been as of late (prior to the events of Sandy)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #8404 on: November 03, 2012, 02:04:55 AM »
Looks like Sandy coverage is over, as TWC went to long-form at 11PM PT.
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

Offline JBC

• View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: November 04, 2012, 08:51:57 AM »
Just caught the tail-end of an interview with a so-called election expert conducting by Jenn Carfagno on the effects of weather on this election. I could not believe the guy when he said Sandy will favor Obama because he has handled the storm so well. That's contrary to what I've been hearing. Is the TWC becoming a political animal?  Please bring back the good ole days. 

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
« Reply #8406 on: November 04, 2012, 09:26:30 AM »
Just caught the tail-end of an interview with a so-called election expert conducting by Jenn Carfagno on the effects of weather on this election. I could not believe the guy when he said Sandy will favor Obama because he has handled the storm so well. That's contrary to what I've been hearing. Is the TWC becoming a political animal?  Please bring back the good ole days.
I saw that as well. It seems that TWC has a pro-liberal bias.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: November 04, 2012, 09:31:17 AM »
As does NBC in general. :yes:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: November 04, 2012, 11:14:17 AM »
As does NBC in general. :yes:

Yes, indeed.  If you hear TWC favoring the liberal side, it is because NBC is very liberal as well. ;)

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
« Reply #8409 on: November 04, 2012, 03:23:35 PM »
Apparently TWC companies owns Bain Capital? That's a little surprising that a division of NBC owns it, since Mitt Romney co-founded it.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: November 04, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »
Apparently TWC companies owns Bain Capital?
No, Bain Capital owns a portion of The Weather Company, LLC. :thumbsup:

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #8411 on: November 05, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
Did anyone watch "Sandy: Anatomy of a Superstorm?"  I found it to be quite interesting.  Some parts were a little over-dramatic, but I thought it was a great presentation.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #8412 on: November 05, 2012, 02:31:31 PM »
I didn't understand the rush to make it, they could have waited a few months after everything is accessed before going of and making a documentary about a storm that still is ongoing as far the aftermath assessment.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: November 05, 2012, 03:46:35 PM »
I didn't understand the rush to make it, they could have waited a few months after everything is accessed before going of and making a documentary about a storm that still is ongoing as far the aftermath assessment.
Gotta milk the "#1 most watched Hurricane Sandy coverage channel" ratings for all it's worth. TWC isn't the only one who has done or will do this.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #8414 on: November 05, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »
Gotta milk the "#1 most watched Hurricane Sandy coverage channel" ratings for all it's worth. TWC isn't the only one who has done or will do this.
It won't be the first or last time you see anyone doing it.  I expect several more "Sandy" shows in the near future even on TWC, and you can probably bet someone is already hard at work on it.