Classics - The Weather Channel from 1982-1999 > Questions, Comments, Suggestions

looking for a clip fom early 90s

(1/2) > >>

kwsurf:
thought I'd try here, but if there's somewhere else my inquiry should be posted, please educate me... I'm looking for a story TWC covered in the early 90s where there was a large storm off Nova Scotia pumping large waves south... TWC, I'm told, covered the surfers at Assateague Island, MD... I was not where I was supposed to be that day, but many people seemed to know I was at Assateague... I'd love to see what they saw, after all these years

thank you so much, happy new year!

twcclassics:
Do you know the specific day this story aired?

kwsurf:
no, unfortunately... my best guess is the fall of 91, maybe 92... most probably September, as it was still quite warm

kwsurf:
hi Matt, hope your and all your followers' new year is going well

after reviewing some hurricane data from the early 90s, I've come to think it may have been hurricane Gustav in 1990 that brought us a lifetime of memories... if this is the case, the day was likely one of the last of August or first couple of September of 1990

hope this helps  :)

twcclassics:

--- Quote from: kwsurf on January 02, 2023, 08:11:34 PM ---hi Matt, hope your and all your followers' new year is going well

after reviewing some hurricane data from the early 90s, I've come to think it may have been hurricane Gustav in 1990 that brought us a lifetime of memories... if this is the case, the day was likely one of the last of August or first couple of September of 1990

hope this helps  :)

--- End quote ---

Thanks. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version