Weather Discussion > Your Local Weather

New Orleans weather

(1/14) > >>

NYCTWCjunkie:
On this two-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina, all is quiet on the Gulf Coast during this early
overnight period. There is the chance of scattered showers and a possible thunderstorm or two
for at least the next 36 hours. Temperatures will be near 90° later today and Friday.

In case anyone is interested, I posted a blog entry on Hurricane Katrina.
It's not much, but I figured I'd say a few words on it.
http://nyctwcjunkie.blogspot.com/2007/08/hurricane-katrina-two-year-anniversary.html

I have not added the transparent byline on the photo yet, but to give the appropriate copyright credit,
the current conditions graphic page background is by "Boys Last Shot" at Flickr.

Localonthe8s:
Nice job! Can you do a forecast for San Francisco?

NYCTWCjunkie:
Yes, I most certainly will be. I nearly completed all the graphic pages for San Francisco days after putting together the San Diego package, but got sidetracked.  I also promised you that I'll have Toronto coming in short order.

I have St. Louis just about ready to go, so in addition to Toronto in the near future, expect to see a new St. Louis weather thread.

In the meantime, I have added the local forecast screens for the above New Orleans weather update post.

Mike M:
Nice. BTW, what does that icon on Hammond mean? Is that Fog (it doesn't have the word "FOG" on it), or is it drizzle and I just can't see the raindrops?

NYCTWCjunkie:
It is The Weather Channel's mist weather icon. It is actually the first time I'm using it for a report.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version