March 28, 2024, 03:15:02 PM

Author Topic: South Florida Weather  (Read 27519 times)

Offline TheRolyPoly

• Changing Newscasts - Founder, Owner, Blogposter / NPR Lover and Affiliate: 91.3 WLRN-FM / Public Media Fans
  • Ultimate Member
  • The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    • View Profile
    • Changing Newscasts
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: South Florida Weather
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2022, 01:45:12 AM »
Hi! Hello there. It has been a really long time since I last posted a weather update from here in South Florida. I just thought, during my birthday month, I come right back and post an update regarding the weather here in South Florida once again.

I may do this again in a future daily newsletter that I'm thinking of doing, but nothing's set in stone and concrete yet. I'm just taking a lot of ideas from watching old TWC/Weatherscan videos as to what to feature and what products to include in a straightforward, straight-to-the-point weather newsletter. If I do anything, I will let y'all know.

In the meantime, let me focus back on this forum and this thread. First off, we didn't get hit by Hurricane Ian. We had some effects, but the worst stayed away from mainland South Florida. The upper and middle Keys did feel it, but not so much here where I live. Thank god for that.

Ever since Ian left, our weather here has been beautiful, sunny, with clouds, but not rain, and some wind and humidity are way lower, making the weather outside feel so much more comfortable to step outside and enjoy the view.

The best chances of rainfall are mentioned below as Bold and Underlined with breezy days as Italicized.

Current conditions as of 12:53 a.m. on Monday, October 3rd, 2022 from KOPF - Opa-Locka Executive Airport, Miami:

Skies: Overcast
Temp: 78°F (26°C)
Humidity: 64%
Wind Speed: Calm
Barometer: 29.93 in (1013.5 mb)
Dewpoint: 65°F (18°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi
Heat Index: 80°F (27°C)

The Extended Forecast from the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Miami:
Overnight: Mostly clear, with a low of around 70°. Northwest wind 3-6 mph.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 87°. Northwest wind around 7 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 70°. Northeast wind around 7 mph.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 85°. North wind 7-9 mph.

Tuesday Night: A 20% chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low of around 70°. North wind around 8 mph.

Wednesday: A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2:00 p.m. Sunny, with a high near 84°. Northeast wind 7-13 mph.

Wednesday Night: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low of around 72°. Northeast wind 7-11 mph. Chance of precipitation 20%.

Thursday: A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2:00 p.m. Mostly sunny, with a high near 85°. Northeast wind 7-13 mph.

Thursday Night: A 10% chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8:00 p.m. Mostly clear, with a low around 73°. Northeast wind 7-11 mph.

Friday: A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2:00 p.m. Sunny, with a high near 87°.

Friday Night: A 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly clear, with a low around 74°.

Saturday: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Sunny, with a high near 86°. Breezy.

Saturday Night: A 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low of around 75°.

Sunday: A 40% chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 87°. Breezy.
Roly (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com (Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog)
Public Media Fans (Twitter: @PubMediaFans)
PBS and NPR in Miami = WPBT 2 (main), WLRN-TV 17 (secondary) and WXEL 42 (plus to WPBT) plus 91.3 WLRN-FM
https://seriousxm.substack.com (Twitter: @SeriousXM_News)

Offline TheRolyPoly

• Changing Newscasts - Founder, Owner, Blogposter / NPR Lover and Affiliate: 91.3 WLRN-FM / Public Media Fans
  • Ultimate Member
  • The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    • View Profile
    • Changing Newscasts
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: South Florida Weather
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2023, 07:11:02 PM »
Hello there. I'm here and back at it again. It seems like I've been only posting here every once in a while or so and it makes sense since these forums aren't as active as they used to be a very long time ago. However, I still want to provide an update right now as to what's been going on.

We got hit by plenty of rain and thunderstorms this morning as a cold front approached that'll now give us much drier air, but also still hot. Its more comfortable tonight into tomorrow but by Tuesday, its expected to get more humid again, and that's on top of the hot weather we're expecting all this week. All day, but all hot too.

No rain chances this week so its only best to mention the breezy days as Italicized.

Current conditions as of 6:53 p.m. on Sunday, April 30th, 2023 from KOPF - Opa-Locka Executive Airport, Miami:

Skies: Fair and Breezy
Temperature: 80°F (27°C)
Humidity: 51%
Wind Speed: W at 21 mph, gusting to 28 mph
Barometer: 29.78 in (1008.4 mb)
Dewpoint: 60°F (16°C)
Visibility: 10.00 mi
Heat Index: 81°F (27°C)

The Extended Forecast from the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Miami:

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 66°. West winds 9-15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

Monday: Sunny, with a high near 88°. Northwest winds 6-8 mph.

Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 67°. South winds 6-9 mph becoming west after midnight.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 90°. Light and variable winds becoming southwest 5-10 mph in the afternoon.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 67°. West winds 6-10 mph.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 91°. Northwest winds 6-10 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 68°. Southwest winds around 10 mph becoming northwest after midnight.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 89°. North winds 8-10 mph becoming east in the afternoon.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 72°. Southeast winds 7-9 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 89°.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 73°.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 90°.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 74°.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 87°.
Roly (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com (Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog)
Public Media Fans (Twitter: @PubMediaFans)
PBS and NPR in Miami = WPBT 2 (main), WLRN-TV 17 (secondary) and WXEL 42 (plus to WPBT) plus 91.3 WLRN-FM
https://seriousxm.substack.com (Twitter: @SeriousXM_News)