Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > WeatherSTAR Tech Support

Update-Related Issues

(1/6) > >>

Tyler:
Please use this thread to report specific issues with this weeks IntelliStar and IntelliStar 2 update. This thread is not to be used for speculation, only for reporting bugs.

Known issues (please do not report):

* Backgrounds: Some viewers were reporting that their background was always a desert and wasn't changing. Known issue, and was supposed to be corrected at some point today or tonight
* Metro radar: Always showing even when there is no precip in the area. Known bug, no ETA for fix
* No metro CC/forecast maps: Not currently enabled. Unknown when they may return.
* Severe weather crawl: Crawl no longer has beeps - this is intentional. Also, all crawls are now red no matter if they are a warning, watch or advisory
* No wx bulletins page: Not appearing SD only - known bug, no ETA for fix
* DirecTV Clock: This should have been fixed today

Another widespread issue is with the radar products. A lot of reports of cities missing, out of place, or locator dots missing. Example, here is my metro radar:

http://i40.tinypic.com/14dklkh.jpg

There are a few issues with it:

1. Cranberry Twp is out of place. It's actually in Butler County, not Allegheny.

2. Wexford is out of place. It's along I-79, not I-76.

3. Penn Hills has no locator dot.

4. Several cities are kind of far from their locator dots (see: Beaver Falls, South Fayette). Though my map isn't as bad as some maps are.

Radar with correct location of Wexford and Cranberry: http://i43.tinypic.com/e06h79.png

Please also report radar issues like these here. If you STAR info isn't in your profile, please include the following: STAR ID, cable company and city. Screenshots and/videos help.

Trevor:
I places the cities in the correct location and also suggested a few changes for a few cities (hope that's ok). Red indicates that the city needs to be moved, orange is just a suggestion.

Top is showing the current map with corrections, bottom is showing what it would look like after the changes.

toxictwister00:
Macon, GA is missing on the regional radar map, however the black indicator dot is there. (red arrow points to where I'm talking about)

Zach:
Two issues on 24629:

- Ocala is cut off on the regional radar map
- MacDill AFB is misplaced

TWCJim:
On Astoria's STAR (23550) there are issues with both of the radar maps.

On the regional map, the labels for Olympia and Hoquiam are cut off at the top.

On the metro map, Vernonia shows the dot but its label is cut off at the bottom (black arrow points toward Vernonia).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version