April 24, 2024, 07:20:24 AM

Author Topic: 22842 not working?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
22842 not working?
« on: March 05, 2011, 01:42:21 AM »
Hello STAR Team,
STAR 22842 (Comcast of East Lansing, MI) does not appear to be working. I have been getting the forecast from 22840 (Comcast of Lansing, MI) for the past few days... so I was curious as to what is going on. I'm starting to get confused because the conditions here can be pretty different from the ones in Lansing... so I can never get accurate information for the conditions.

Thanks!

Offline TWC STAR Team

• TWC Employee
  • Technical Support
    • View Profile
Re: 22842 not working?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 03:14:41 PM »
Comcast notified us that the East Lansing headend is being consolidated into one large Lansing headend. Sorry to say.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »
Comcast notified us that the East Lansing headend is being consolidated into one large Lansing headend. Sorry to say.
Dang, that stinks. But, thanks for the help STAR team :yes:

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:03:44 PM »
Terribly sorry if this turns into a double post... but, due to this "reconfiguration" with Comcast, I was wondering if the STAR could have a few changes to compensate for the East Side/West Side balance. If it is not too much trouble, may the following changes be considered?
  • Change the reporting site on the forecasts to "Lansing Metro Area" instead of "Greater Lansing"
  • Add East Lansing to the LDL, so that the STAR can efficiently give people accurate information on the Eastern side of Lansing (East Lansing, Haslett, Okemos, etc.)
  • Add Mason to the 8-City list
  • Change Downtown Lansing on the LDL to Downtown, since the viewing area is much larger now
These changes should be sufficiant in giving more localized weather for viewers. But non the less, thank you very much for everything you do.
-Curt

Offline Pop Light Brown

• Ultimate Member
  • Bonjour!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD WxStar ID #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2011, 11:00:19 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with "Lansing Metro Area". Lots of STARS in urban areas have "Metro Area" in the title. I think Downtown Lansing is sufficient too because many people work there.
See also #23622, Ch. 31, Hammond, La.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2011, 11:05:22 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with "Lansing Metro Area". Lots of STARS in urban areas have "Metro Area" in the title. I think Downtown Lansing is sufficient too because many people work there.
Its the factor that his headend filed for consolidation and it has to expand its coverage of the main Lansing STAR so that people in the surrounding areas can see their weather as well and not just Lansing proper.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 37
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 037
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 11:50:38 PM »
Don't worry Curt, you're not alone. My area's ISs got consolidated...twice. 1st time back in 2008, and 2nd time last year....well, it's not so much consolidated as is reconfiguring to serve 'Grapevine' as headend and forecast area.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 12:38:26 PM »
You guys might want to remove the channel number information on the intellistar's station ID, as it now serves areas that have TWC in different channel numbers (36, 40, & possible others). BTW, it now seems that 22842 (the former East Lansing unit) is the STAR that serves the Lansing/East Lansing area, judging from footage I've seen the past few days. So take note of that if you want to make this request.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 03:03:55 PM by Mike M »