Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > Weatherscan Discussion

Weatherscan Discontinued by end of 2022

(1/3) > >>

benny f:
The Weather Channel intends on Discontinuing Weatherscan by 12/9/2022

https://www.nctconline.org/index.php/members/resources/technical-notices/item/download/1019_9de54d0f6cc8c4411ba8c6c8633e15d8

twcclassics:
Weird. I thought they dropped WeatherScan years ago.

tuez13:
Dang.  Totally understandable with the advent of hyper-localized everything.

crazybangles:
I am personally just accepting the fact that I am glad it wasn't discontinued years ago. Do consider the computers running Weatherscan are now 20 years old, and I think it's a miracle that they have even lasted that long. I am sad to see it go as well, as I used to watch it all the time before it was removed from my Comcast lineup back in 2017. I'm glad it has stuck around this long, I will miss it very much, but it is time.

Here in the Chicagoland area, Weatherscan got me through a number of weather events. All those little thunderstorms over the past several years, blizzards, winter storms, even a couple of tornadoes. The music got me through those sleepless nights, you name it. I will miss it.

Evan2015:
Look, this has been a long time coming. We should all be thankful that it lasted as long as it did. It really has served it's purpose, but you cannot keep 20 year old hardware in operation in the field anymore, nor would it be cost effective to continue developing this technology. Thanks for the memories, my friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version