March 29, 2024, 09:06:40 AM

Author Topic: Site News  (Read 250480 times)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Site News
« Reply #1020 on: February 26, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »
I hope you're not going to restore a database... we'll lose quite a bit of posts...

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 26, 2009, 04:21:10 PM »
I'm trying to correct that typo, but for some reason it won't accept my changes. :no:
One reason why the changes might not be accepted is the file might not be able to be written to. I think you have to chmod the file through ftp to 666, I believe. Then they changes should go through...

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
« Reply #1022 on: February 26, 2009, 04:23:13 PM »
I hope you're not going to restore a database... we'll lose quite a bit of posts...

Well, if I can find a recent enough backup I am. The most recent one I have is from September. That won't do. If Stephen has something more recent (or Kyle), like say from the last couple months, then yes I do plan to restore the database. I realize we'll lose some posts (and believe me, even the thought makes me unhappy), but so much is messed up that it really is the best option right now.

The mod has already been chmodded. That should not be the problem. But if Stephen thinks it is, I'll gladly chmod it again.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 26, 2009, 04:26:51 PM »

Well, if I can find a recent enough backup I am. The most recent one I have is from September. That won't do. If Stephen has something more recent (or Kyle), like say from the last couple months, then yes I do plan to restore the database. I realize we'll lose some posts (and believe me, even the thought makes me unhappy), but so much is messed up that it really is the best option right now.

The mod has already been chmodded. That should not be the problem. But if Stephen thinks it is, I'll gladly chmod it again.
Well what is the specific error that keeps coming up when you try to edit the file?

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 26, 2009, 04:34:22 PM »

Well what is the specific error that keeps coming up when you try to edit the file?

I didn't try to edit it. Stephen did.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 26, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »

Ok.

Stephen, what is the exact error that keeps coming up when you try to edit the file? I figured we would try to tackle the problem and see if we can resolve it before you guys have to take drastic measures...

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 26, 2009, 04:38:48 PM »

Ok.

Stephen, what is the exact error that keeps coming up when you try to edit the file? I figured we would try to tackle the problem and see if we can resolve it before you guys have to take drastic measures...

I'm not just restoring the database because we can't change a little modification. That would be rather dumb. The main reasons I'm doing it are that half the administration area is inaccessible since the update, and because I can't for the life of me get the Aeva (Youtube imbedding) mod to work. The errors are in the php files, so unless you know php its gonna be hard for you to help very much.

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1038
  • HD WxStar ID #: 28111
  • SD Channel #: 38
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22694
  • WxScan Ch. #: 324
« Reply #1027 on: February 26, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
I don't get an error, it just reverts back after I click Save.

Gary, try CHMODing all of the files in the /forums/Themes/default/languages/ directory, that may take care of the problem (with the date registered mod, at least).

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 26, 2009, 08:02:04 PM »
I don't get an error, it just reverts back after I click Save.

Gary, try CHMODing all of the files in the /forums/Themes/default/languages/ directory, that may take care of the problem (with the date registered mod, at least).

Ok, you should be good to go now.  :biggrin:

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 26, 2009, 08:13:18 PM »
Still isn't saving. <_<

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 26, 2009, 08:14:27 PM »
Then its screwed up like so much of the forum is. Where's that backup you told me this morning you had?

Offline Stephen

• Administrator
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 26, 2009, 08:16:09 PM »
Here it is. It's from the morning of February 6th, before we upgraded that day.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 26, 2009, 08:20:23 PM »
Excellent. That'll do. Thanks!  B)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 26, 2009, 08:21:46 PM »
Well I'll say, if anyone posted or needs anything important that was posted in the month of February, grab it now before the database gets restored. lol

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 26, 2009, 08:23:27 PM »
Thank yo Jesse for that timely advice.  :P