TWC Today > TWC Today News

Plagairism Enforcement

(1/2) > >>

lfmusiclover:
I'm sure we all here know what plagiarism is. And if you've forgotten, let me refresh your memory:

--- Quote from: Plagiarism Definition ---The practice of claiming or implying original authorship of (or incorporating material from) someone else's written or creative work, in whole or in part, into one's own without adequate acknowledgment, or without the original author's consent.
--- End quote ---

Let me make it perfectly clear, plagiarism will NOT be tolerated on these forums.

This rule applies to, but is not limited to: electronic artwork, drawings, music, videos, etc.

-If someone purposely states that you "may use their work freely, but not redistribute it," that means you can use it in some form of your own artwork (with proper credits), but you can't go around emailing the original form to people.

-If you use someone else's creative work posted here, in any way, shape, or form, without that persons knowledge and permission, you will suffer some type of consequence, including banishment from our forums. Stealing others' work is both morally and ethically wrong.

-Additionally, this rule extends out of this site. For example, if someone posts your work on Youtube, that counts as well. However, we can only reprimand that person if he or she is an active member here, as we have no immediate control and/or authority outside this website.

If you feel you are a victim of plagiarism, or see someone else's work being misused, please contact either myself, Stephen, or Kyle ASAP.

Thanks for your total cooperation regarding this matter,

TWC Today Administration

lfmusiclover:
*Please don't forget about this Plagiarism Enforcement rule, which was adopted late last year*

Violations will not be tolerated. Going against any copyright or Plagiarism guidelines will result in immediate actions against your account.

Thanks for your cooperation.

ABC7:
If you post an advisory from the NWS, for example, is that all right to post, giving credit to the source or is that against the rules?

Spring Rubber:
AFAIK, NWS bulletins are public data; you can do whatever you want with them.

lfmusiclover:
Yeah there's a big difference between public data and someone's personal creations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version