March 28, 2024, 02:16:44 PM

Author Topic: Plagairism Enforcement  (Read 7177 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Plagairism Enforcement
« on: February 07, 2008, 04:18:33 PM »
I'm sure we all here know what plagiarism is. And if you've forgotten, let me refresh your memory:

Quote from: Plagiarism Definition
The practice of claiming or implying original authorship of (or incorporating material from) someone else's written or creative work, in whole or in part, into one's own without adequate acknowledgment, or without the original author's consent.

Let me make it perfectly clear, plagiarism will NOT be tolerated on these forums.

This rule applies to, but is not limited to: electronic artwork, drawings, music, videos, etc.

-If someone purposely states that you "may use their work freely, but not redistribute it," that means you can use it in some form of your own artwork (with proper credits), but you can't go around emailing the original form to people.

-If you use someone else's creative work posted here, in any way, shape, or form, without that persons knowledge and permission, you will suffer some type of consequence, including banishment from our forums. Stealing others' work is both morally and ethically wrong.

-Additionally, this rule extends out of this site. For example, if someone posts your work on Youtube, that counts as well. However, we can only reprimand that person if he or she is an active member here, as we have no immediate control and/or authority outside this website.

If you feel you are a victim of plagiarism, or see someone else's work being misused, please contact either myself, Stephen, or Kyle ASAP.

Thanks for your total cooperation regarding this matter,

TWC Today Administration
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:49:45 PM by lfmusiclover »

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Plagairism Enforcement
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 11:40:33 PM »
*Please don't forget about this Plagiarism Enforcement rule, which was adopted late last year*

Violations will not be tolerated. Going against any copyright or Plagiarism guidelines will result in immediate actions against your account.

Thanks for your cooperation.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:50:00 PM by lfmusiclover »

Offline ABC7

• Haven't watched TWC in 6 mos.!
  • Puddi Puddi!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 776
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27669
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 03:00:19 AM »
If you post an advisory from the NWS, for example, is that all right to post, giving credit to the source or is that against the rules?

Offline Spring Rubber

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »
AFAIK, NWS bulletins are public data; you can do whatever you want with them.
<SpringRubber>   my gummy bears are hard
<SpringRubber>   :(
<SpringRubber>   PONY!
<kitty0723>    ADHD much?

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 11:39:56 AM »
Yeah there's a big difference between public data and someone's personal creations.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 10:11:19 PM »
This partnership is hereby reinstated. I know I said that I was not going to have anything to do with TWCC, but Matt and I have put our differences behind us and are starting anew, as you all have surely heard. We don't have much of a plagarism issue these days it seems, but I still think its important for TWCC and TWCT to remain partners in keeping plagairism at bay.  :biggrin: B)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 10:14:28 PM »
This partnership is hereby reinstated. I know I said that I was not going to have anything to do with TWCC, but Matt and I have put our differences behind us and are starting anew, as you all have surely heard. We don't have much of a plagarism issue these days it seems, but I still think its important for TWCC and TWCT to remain partners in keeping plagairism at bay.  :biggrin: B)
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »
Sorry about doing this without your knowledge Martin. But again, it was one of those things I did, and felt it was my responsibility to undo it.  :biggrin: B)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 10:58:29 PM »
Sorry about doing this without your knowledge Martin. But again, it was one of those things I did, and felt it was my responsibility to undo it.  :biggrin: B)
Gary its not a problem at all.  B) If you do something I know you have a good reason to. I'll have to slap you if you apologize again.  :bleh:

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 11:37:18 PM »
Gary its not a problem at all.  B) If you do something I know you have a good reason to. I'll have to slap you if you apologize again.  :bleh:

LOL, I'll try not to.  :P

Serously though, I just don't want to seem like I'm disrespecting you, that's all.  B)