March 28, 2024, 07:23:08 PM

Author Topic: New Music Section  (Read 43568 times)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Music Section
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2013, 06:07:41 PM »
I currently do not have the site permissions to access the music page which is why we came up with the YouTube solution, and I agree I am worried about the copyrights which is why I will only upload songs that currently doesn't get tagged by YouTube.
How do you know they won't get tagged? Sorry for all the questions. I'm seriously considering doing something similar with my videos, but I just assumed it wouldn't be wise to move the ones with songs in them.

don't worry Matt i don't mind all the questions :) when you upload a video on youtube right after it's finished click on your "My video" page and you will see something like "Video Blocked In Some Counties" or Matched Third Party Content" right next to the upload *if nothing is next to the video the clip is fine*, Click on those links and it will tell you if anything would be done to your video or if only ads will appear next to the video. from my experience with uploads a copyrighted song around 90-120 seconds is more likely to get tagged rather than just a short 30 second snippet.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2013, 06:56:45 PM »
I currently do not have the site permissions to access the music page which is why we came up with the YouTube solution, and I agree I am worried about the copyrights which is why I will only upload songs that currently doesn't get tagged by YouTube.
How do you know they won't get tagged? Sorry for all the questions. I'm seriously considering doing something similar with my videos, but I just assumed it wouldn't be wise to move the ones with songs in them.

don't worry Matt i don't mind all the questions :) when you upload a video on youtube right after it's finished click on your "My video" page and you will see something like "Video Blocked In Some Counties" or Matched Third Party Content" right next to the upload *if nothing is next to the video the clip is fine*, Click on those links and it will tell you if anything would be done to your video or if only ads will appear next to the video. from my experience with uploads a copyrighted song around 90-120 seconds is more likely to get tagged rather than just a short 30 second snippet.
I'm not sure if 30 seconds is enough to not get tagged. My WFMZ combos are 20-25 secs apiece and that's the most I can do without getting a single strike.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #77 on: July 08, 2013, 08:36:47 PM »
If you upload a video and it gets tagged, there's nothing you can do about it. And if you get tagged enough, your account is deleted. Right?
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #78 on: July 08, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »
If you upload a video and it gets tagged, there's nothing you can do about it. And if you get tagged enough, your account is deleted. Right?

If your video gets tagged by a copyright holder you can delete the video which is possibly the easiest thing to do to avoid a copyright strike, Adrev, CDBaby, are fine because they only use the tags as traffic towards their sites, but some like WMG, Warner Chappel, EMI, and UMG are bad because tags from those holders do lead to strikes which are different. i'm most likely going to pitch the audio to my clips since youtube usually doesn't recognize pitched video clips.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 08, 2013, 09:41:17 PM »
The reason i'm doing it is because martin came up with a great idea to have the songs embedding on youtube instead of on the site (in which there isn't any way to update the music page manually)
What do you mean you can't update the music page manually? And aren't you worried about copyright claims? I don't think it matters how long the clip is.

I thought you did, when you updated the music pages about two years ago. Did Martin revoke your access?

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2013, 06:59:01 AM »
I thought you did, when you updated the music pages about two years ago. Did Martin revoke your access?

he didn't revoke my access I only have access to the Music Database to upload mp3s and the Playlist Files, the Music Page itself is controlled by Martin. since there ien't any way to update the pages on my end the youtube solution seems appropriate.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:01:22 AM by gt1racerlHDl »

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2013, 10:22:46 AM »
If your video gets tagged by a copyright holder you can delete the video which is possibly the easiest thing to do to avoid a copyright strike.
Wow, I've never heard of that. I thought once you uploaded a copyrighted video, you were dinged and there was no recourse.
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2013, 11:43:11 AM »
I always thought clips 30 seconds or shorter were considered "sample clips" and would not be accused of copyright.  This is for anywhere on the web, not just YouTube.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2013, 02:59:36 PM »
If your video gets tagged by a copyright holder you can delete the video which is possibly the easiest thing to do to avoid a copyright strike.
Wow, I've never heard of that. I thought once you uploaded a copyrighted video, you were dinged and there was no recourse.

I have 4 pages of copyright tags on videos and my account has been and still is in good standing.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »
You people are confusing copyright tags with strikes; they're not the same thing. If a video gets tagged regardless how many times, you're account doesn't go away since tags have no difference with your account's standing as Tavores stated above. Your account is only lost if you get 3 copyright strikes. That happened to one of my videos last year on the localonthe8sHd channel and that occurs when the song isn't tagged by copyright and passes on as a tag-free song, then the copyright holder sees the video and files a claim to remove it, and its usually rare for that to happen.

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »
I actually know the difference between a tag and a strike. I have a few songs with a tag, but only one (I think) with a claim, in which the audio was removed. Believe me, I'm perfectly fine with my videos being tagged with a link or ad. It's the claims I worry about. And it's always been my understanding that once you get a strike, there's nothing you can do. In other words, deleting the video doesn't fix the problem. So I was a little confused as to why you would remove videos that are tagged.
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2013, 05:15:23 PM »
I actually know the difference between a tag and a strike. I have a few songs with a tag, but only one (I think) with a claim, in which the audio was removed. Believe me, I'm perfectly fine with my videos being tagged with a link or ad. It's the claims I worry about. And it's always been my understanding that once you get a strike, there's nothing you can do. In other words, deleting the video doesn't fix the problem. So I was a little confused as to why you would remove videos that are tagged.
Actually, (if you're referring to YT) your strike goes away after 6 months provided you don't get another strike since. I have no copyright strikes on my account now despite getting now last year. It's been removed because I uploaded didn't get a claim on anything else since. YT could care less if you upload a 1000 songs that are tagged, nothing would happen (just be cautious with Smashing Pumpkins - Pinwheels from last July's list, that's the song I got a strike from).

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2013, 07:13:23 PM »

he didn't revoke my access I only have access to the Music Database to upload mp3s and the Playlist Files, the Music Page itself is controlled by Martin. since there ien't any way to update the pages on my end the youtube solution seems appropriate.
Oh, then why is there an exclamation point next to Holiday 2010?

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2013, 08:53:58 PM »
Actually, (if you're referring to YT) your strike goes away after 6 months provided you don't get another strike since. I have no copyright strikes on my account now despite getting now last year. It's been removed because I uploaded didn't get a claim on anything else since. YT could care less if you upload a 1000 songs that are tagged, nothing would happen (just be cautious with Smashing Pumpkins - Pinwheels from last July's list, that's the song I got a strike from).
Interesting. Thanks for the info!
TWC Classics Webmaster

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 09, 2013, 11:58:03 PM »
No problem Matt and sorry for the typos..I was in a hurry