March 28, 2024, 10:32:58 AM

Author Topic: New Global Moderator!  (Read 12679 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Global Moderator!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 12:08:31 PM »
No offense, but is this really needed? :dunno:
As I have had less and less time to monitor things I wanted someone more active to be added to the position. I have been concerned recently by some of the topics that have gotten out of hand and firmly believe an increased moderater presence, especially by an individual known and trusted by other members, will help.

phw115wvwx

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
I think we need to stop with the critiquing about everything so much on here.  This thread is to celebrate Andy's promotion.  If there are concerns with anything here, then please stick to PMs.  Eric, you don't have to worry about your concerns anymore, but just realize that I was simply trying to answer a question and move everything forward.

In case you all wonder how much more work it is to be a moderator, I'm going to tell you one example:  Yesterday, I had to respond to a spam attack bot that registered as a member and posted three times in under a minute.  It didn't stop until I banned it.  Hardly any of you probably even noticed it happened.  That's just one item out of a huge grocery list of things I'm doing for you all as part of my job, and I'm more than happy to have help from the other moderators. :happy:

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2012, 03:40:43 PM »
Wow, sorry I asked. :o Didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic. As an admin, I get emails on reported posts too (a few times a week at most). So you must do A LOT beyond that. In which case, :biggrin:.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

phw115wvwx

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 04:00:09 PM »
Wow, sorry I asked. :o Didn't realize it was such a sensitive topic. As an admin, I get emails on reported posts too (a few times a week at most). So you must do A LOT beyond that. In which case, :biggrin:.
It's okay, Matt.  We're all in this together as a team to make this forum continue to thrive.  I look forward to continue working with everyone whether you're an admin, a moderator, or any member here; and I will make sure Andy becomes comfortable with his new duties. :thumbsup:

Offline twcfan68

• Fan of TWC 1998-2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 1014
  • SD Channel #: 14
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »
For a second, I thought this was a moderator application or something.  :P

I definitely think Andy will do great. I can say that he's been helpful to me in many ways, especially when it came to info about the best universities to attend to study meteorology.

I'd hate to see a topic like this get out of control for silly reasons. Definitely bigger issues out there.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »
I know I'm late, but I just have to say this.

Oh my gosh, this thread has been open for less than a day, and I can already see it going downhill. :rolleyes:  Eric, we'll no longer be posting any mod. issues in public.  Thank you for your concern.  I'm pretty sure that's not why this thread was created anyway.

But let me just say this.  For any of you who think we have too many admins or mods, let me tell you: there is a lot more work involved in running these forums than you may think, and with many of our present admins inactive, Martin felt that this was an important decision to be made.  Please do not focus too much on the number of admins/mods we have as much as the quality of the work being performed.  Thanks. :)

This thread was created for CELEBRATION terms, not to criticize. I'm happy for Andy, and I think he definitely deserved this position. He is correct though. As a moderator there's a lot more work to handle, more than just deleting threads, or banning adbots. trust me, I'm there lol. I get the feeling many of you think this wasn't necessary, or you're not liking how this decision was made. It was and it's the best decision possible, because everytime I come here during my downtime (and Imma be honest), there's just lack of staff here, and yeah it's understandable that school and irl is taking over our lives. I think with Andy around you can always rely on someone being around the forums and well, just be that someone available for questions & concerns.

Also, can you guys like...not whine about the number? Really? You are all complaining about a number? Wow. >_>

ANYWAYS...ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE. Andy, I've known you since I was like.. a noob here. You've done a TON here for TWCT, your designs, your logos, your contributions to the community. It makes perfect sense that they should promote you. Because you're just that awesome. :P I wish you the best of luck in your new modding job. I know you will do great. :)

You don't have to respond to my statement in this thread, as I try to keep it peaceful. If you want to, just PM me. I only came here to post something, then I'll go back to my other forum.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

TWCWyatt

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 12:57:54 PM »
Congrats, Andy. I know you will do well.

~Wyatt

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 05:02:33 PM »
You're a little late...I'd watch yourself if I were you, bumping topics is looked down at on this forum.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 06:40:09 PM »
You're a little late...I'd watch yourself if I were you, bumping topics is looked down at on this forum.

Yes, which I see you also did in the "News and Updates" board in the WeatherScan XL Project forum.  FYI, bumping a year-old topic just to say something is a "cool idea" really is necessary.

I appreciate the congratulations here, but I would look at the forum rules (again) if I were you, as you have been violating quite a few recently. :hammer:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »
I'm completely in agreement with Andy and Trevor here, and I don't think we need to say any more.

Andy, I'm glad to see you doing well with your moderator duties! :happy: