March 28, 2024, 09:36:45 PM

Author Topic: New Addition To The Administration  (Read 8020 times)

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
New Addition To The Administration
« on: February 14, 2010, 12:11:28 PM »
I am pleased to announce our resident meteorologist, Patrick will be becoming part of the TWC Today administration team.  I want to express that he has requested not to be contacted on every issue including site/forum problems. Please respect his wishes!  :thumbsup: I expect everyone to treat him as you would any other staff member.

On another note early this morning, the server on which TWC Today operates was breached and the site/forum were down for a few hours. Some items need repairing and its possible a brief outage may occur at any moment today.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 09:15:08 PM by Martin »

phw115wvwx

Re: New Addition To The Administration
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:47:12 PM »
Thanks for giving me this honor, Martin.  I'm well aware of some of the concerns presented by some of the members here, and I hope that I can help everyone with them.  Please realize that I won't be here every single moment due to my own personal life matters, but I shall do my best to keep in touch regularly.  If there any major site issues or problems, please send a PM to Martin or Stephen.  I'm acting to help keep the peace within the forum and try to be yet another resource for everyone, so I'll entertain concerns and questions over member behavior and other minor issues.  If the problems are serious enough, I will pass them on to the other admins.  Thanks to everyone for your time and understanding, and I'll do my best to serve all of you on TWC Today! B)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:06:32 PM »
This is interesting but Patrick certainly deserves the administrator position since he's always done a good job on keeping an eye on things in the forums and focusing on any attention. But IMO, I think there are too many admins in the forum now. One or two of the exisiting admins should be stepped down considering they either don't do much or they're inactive. Of course, when they became more active you can bump up their position again but I'm sure many others agree with me here..With decreasing activity here 6 admins is overkill.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:14:59 PM »
I agree with Molly. I see that there are admins who hardly come on here and others who don't do their jobs. :no:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 02:34:10 PM »
@Zach, Molly: Having 3 admins was great. Having 4 is greater. If something happens to the forum while 3 of the admins are away, the fourth will be able to be alerted by a user of the forum. And even if they are inactive, we can tweet most of them to get their attention. If not that, they're almost always online in the IRC channel.

I think none of the admins should be removed. Even if they're not here, they've always done an amazing job while they are here. So I think that this was a great move. I have more to say, but I'll stop there.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 06:56:35 PM »
This is interesting but Patrick certainly deserves the administrator position since he's always done a good job on keeping an eye on things in the forums and focusing on any attention. But IMO, I think there are too many admins in the forum now. One or two of the exisiting admins should be stepped down considering they either don't do much or they're inactive. Of course, when they became more active you can bump up their position again but I'm sure many others agree with me here..With decreasing activity here 6 admins is overkill.

Yeah, I also have to agree with Molly. Three admins (even four) are fine. But having six admins is a little extensive, IMO. :hmm: I still think Patrick should stay as an admin, but as Molly said, maybe some of the inactive ones should be moved down in status...just a thought. :)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »
Congrats to Patrick!  :happy:
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 09:17:42 PM »

Yeah, I also have to agree with Molly. Three admins (even four) are fine. But having six admins is a little extensive, IMO. :hmm: I still think Patrick should stay as an admin, but as Molly said, maybe some of the inactive ones should be moved down in status...just a thought. :)
There are 5 not 6

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »
What happened to Brian's admin status?

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 09:33:04 PM »
What happened to Brian's admin status?
He only had it to try and integrate the emulator sign up in to the forums. It was only meant to be temporary.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 10:50:14 PM »

There are 5 not 6

Way to quickly remove Brian's admin status to prove me wrong. :P Maybe five is OK...I'll get over it. :)

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 11:06:32 PM »

There are 5 not 6

Way to quickly remove Brian's admin status to prove me wrong. :P Maybe five is OK...I'll get over it. :)
4 is fine with me. I'd say either Kyle or Stephen get downgraded since Kyle hardly ever visits here and Stephen really doesn't do much unless there are forum errors
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:08:39 PM by Localonthe8s »

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »

There are 5 not 6

4 is fine with me. I'd say either Kyle or Stephen get downgraded since Kyle hardly ever visits here and Stephen really doesn't do much unless there are forum errors
Stephen does behind the scenes website/forums stuff. By you saying "Kyle hardly ever visits here" is saying "Gary hardly ever visits here," which is true... I doubt they're going to demote Administrators like that. 5 is just a number. Why can't you just get over it and accept it? Why have you and some other users become such assholes lately? Sorry that I have to be blunt like that, but it's the truth.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2010, 11:26:19 PM »

There are 5 not 6

Stephen does behind the scenes website/forums stuff. By you saying "Kyle hardly ever visits here" is saying "Gary hardly ever visits here," which is true... I doubt they're going to demote Administrators like that. 5 is just a number. Why can't you just get over it and accept it? Why have you and some other users become such assholes lately? Sorry that I have to be blunt like that, but it's the truth.
Uh why are you blaming me? yes it is a number and fine I'll get over it but in the long term you'll regret not heeding my advice

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2010, 11:31:07 PM »
Awesome for patrick, but really jesse did you really have to swear at molly? this fighting really needs to end. no wonder i rarely post in the forums  :rolleyes: