April 19, 2024, 04:17:48 AM

Author Topic: New Addition To The Administration  (Read 8073 times)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Addition To The Administration
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »
This is interesting but Patrick certainly deserves the administrator position since he's always done a good job on keeping an eye on things in the forums and focusing on any attention. But IMO, I think there are too many admins in the forum now. One or two of the exisiting admins should be stepped down considering they either don't do much or they're inactive. Of course, when they became more active you can bump up their position again but I'm sure many others agree with me here..With decreasing activity here 6 admins is overkill.

Yeah, I also have to agree with Molly. Three admins (even four) are fine. But having six admins is a little extensive, IMO. :hmm: I still think Patrick should stay as an admin, but as Molly said, maybe some of the inactive ones should be moved down in status...just a thought. :)
There are 5 not 6

Way to quickly remove Brian's admin status to prove me wrong. :P Maybe five is OK...I'll get over it. :)
4 is fine with me. I'd say either Kyle or Stephen get downgraded since Kyle hardly ever visits here and Stephen really doesn't do much unless there are forum errors
Stephen does behind the scenes website/forums stuff. By you saying "Kyle hardly ever visits here" is saying "Gary hardly ever visits here," which is true... I doubt they're going to demote Administrators like that. 5 is just a number. Why can't you just get over it and accept it? Why have you and some other users become such assholes lately? Sorry that I have to be blunt like that, but it's the truth.
Uh why are you blaming me? yes it is a number and fine I'll get over it but in the long term you'll regret not heeding my advice
I'm not blaming just you. There's a few I'm blaming here, but more to the point, threats won't get you far. Kicking people off the staff for no good reason is not a wise decision. That's just cruel.

Awesome for patrick, but really jesse did you really have to swear at molly? this fighting really needs to end. no wonder i rarely post in the forums  :rolleyes:
I felt it was necessary to say, I'm a blunt person. I'm not fighting. I'm speaking the absolute truth.

Offline Jonathan

• View Profile
    • Jonathan Thornton
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 11:33:21 PM »
Stephen does behind the scenes website/forums stuff. By you saying "Kyle hardly ever visits here" is saying "Gary hardly ever visits here," which is true... I doubt they're going to demote Administrators like that. 5 is just a number. Why can't you just get over it and accept it? Why have you and some other users become such assholes lately? Sorry that I have to be blunt like that, but it's the truth.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the last sentence. The admins do a great job running this site, and you are making Mount Everest out of a piece of dirt. And also, we all have lives outside of TWC Today. I know Kyle has been going through a big time in his life, and it should be more than acceptable that he isn't here 24/7.

My (and many others') definitions of a forum administrator NOWHERE includes "be online 24/7" or "always be there for your users." Sure, even if they might let a few users down with their obligations, they're people and they have lives to live...and I'll leave it at that.

Good night.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 11:35:56 PM »
I know that's why I'm not bashing anyone for no reason. I also agree it's cruel but if you look at the stats, does it really make sense to keep an admin who hasn't been online for months when you have regular members/staff who visit here at least a couple times a week?

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »
I know that's why I'm not bashing anyone for no reason. I also agree it's cruel but if you look at the stats, does it really make sense to keep an admin who hasn't been online for months when you have regular members/staff who visit here at least a couple times a week?

I say because most of the admins have other things to worry about (school/work/family) rather than checking up on the forums. its best for martin to decide about that.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 11:45:14 PM by Gt1racer47 »

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 11:45:44 PM »

I say because most of the admins have other things to worry about (school/work/family) rather than checking up on the forums.

Absolutely which is why they wont have much time visiting the forums. How can that be a 'cruel' reason to step down someone then? :unsure:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 11:51:44 PM »
Okay, that's enough arguing here!  I didn't intend on accepting my admin status to start off a major controversy. :no:  It shouldn't be such a huge concern on how many admins we have to where a debate erupts.  This decision is up to Martin alone, so it's best that this issue be laid to rest until he considers everything and decides on what to do.  Arguing about it here among other members isn't going to help one bit and will just cause more unneeded drama.  You all should know that if my life gets too busy in the future when I get a meteorology job to where it would be too much pressure for me, then I would be the one to choose to step down.

Please, can we all take a deep breath and try to work out our differences here without starting major debates for the sake of everyone?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2010, 01:04:52 AM »
Thank you Patrick.

Look here is the rundown on the admins:
Gary- will never be removed as admin unless he tells me to do so
Kyle- will evaluate the position based on comments from other admins and Kyle himself
Stephen- will not be removed as admin. He does a lot more than you think

Some of you see to be enjoying picking a fight out of everything. Does it matter if there are 3admins for 6admins? I really am disappointed that you all are arguing about this.

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2010, 01:53:07 AM »
There is a sense of immaturity here, and it's uncalled for. It's Martin's site, and he can do what he wants, and use who he wants as an admin. If you don't like it, lump it! Arguing and bickering gets you nowhere.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2010, 09:11:44 AM »
There is a sense of immaturity here, and it's uncalled for. It's Martin's site, and he can do what he wants, and use who he wants as an admin. If you don't like it, lump it! Arguing and bickering gets you nowhere.

Thank you Tyler!  :clap:

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »
:jerry:

Seriously, though, 5 admins? That's like having 8 bosses! :P
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »
I don't get it. Is that from a TV show or something?

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »

LOL I agree. It's amazing how a number can actually play a role on things. And it's also amazing how downhill the members here are going too. :rolleyes: I can't remember the last time I've been irritated like that

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 12:36:18 PM »

You can say that again!!! :yes:
At first, the forums were exciting and everything. And now, everything's just got to the boring point to me.

Don't get me wrong, I do still like the forums and everything, but get some excitement back in here!! (Don't become mad at me or anything like that. It's just my opinionn, everyone!!!)

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 03:20:40 PM »
I don't get it. Is that from a TV show or something?
Yes. It's from "Office Space."
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

phw115wvwx

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 03:35:29 PM »
In light of everything going on lately, I'm going to be watching the forums carefully for any problems, and I'll report any significant incident to Martin or Stephen.  It's time for all this arguing and bickering to stop, and I refuse to let this community become divided over things that really shouldn't be causing this much drama.  I've given all of you a new thread to post anything constructive that you would like to see for improvements here.  I also urge that we all put aside our own differences and focus on the TWC community here.  It takes everyone's cooperation to make everything work, so please show that respect to everyone else even if you don't agree with other beliefs and points of views being shared here.