March 28, 2024, 10:26:35 AM

Author Topic: Michael's TWC Fan Art Portfolio  (Read 69007 times)

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: Michael's TWC Fan Art Portfolio
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2011, 10:37:20 PM »
This shows a great comparison of the icons, Michael...good job! :biggrin: I think Version 3 or 4 is best.

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • HD Channel #: 37
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 037
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2011, 04:12:52 PM »
Here's my revamped "Customize Your Icons" Page from almost 2 years ago. It's all done on PowerPoint.

DISCLAIMER: All known materials are property of The Weather Channel and TWC Interactive. The first 3 versions of the "Partly Cloudy" icon are property of TWC Classics and their creators Charles Abel and Nick Smith. The 8th one is courtesy of Wojciech Grzanka for NBC's Local sites. The 9th one is created by Raymie Humbert. The 10th one is courtesy of Stardock (see link).

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2011, 09:39:45 PM »
Here's my revamped "Customize Your Icons" Page from almost 2 years ago. It's all done on PowerPoint.

DISCLAIMER: All known materials are property of The Weather Channel and TWC Interactive. The first 3 versions of the "Partly Cloudy" icon are property of TWC Classics and their creators Charles Abel and Nick Smith. The 8th one is courtesy of Wojciech Grzanka for NBC's Local sites. The 9th one is created by Raymie Humbert. The 10th one is courtesy of Stardock (see link).

I would use weather.com more if they allowed us to pick our own icon style. Nice job!  :wave:

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2011, 12:28:14 AM »
An idea came to me last night: what if the "Local On the 8s" was further truncated (shortened) during long-form programming? I know what you wanna say... "DON'T TEMPT THEM!!!" This is based off of TV Guide Channel's truncated TV listings during their Red Carpet coverage (seen on wikipedia via this link)

DISCLAIMER: ALL known materials are property of The Weather Channel and TWC Interactive. The screenshot of the Dallas Cowboys Practice Field (as seen on "Storm Stories") is found on the YouTube video posted below.

Current Conditions:

7-Day Forecast:

Roof Collapses At Dallas Cowboy's Practice Arena

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 02, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »
Cool concept, but I think this is already the case with long-form. The only local forecasts shown are at :28 and :58. The LDL is what provides local forecast information for :08 and :18 during long-form and is no longer shown for the entire duration on long-form.

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 02, 2011, 12:59:08 AM »
Cool concept, but I think this is already the case with long-form. The only local forecasts shown are at :28 and :58. The LDL is what provides local forecast information for :08 and :18 during long-form and is no longer shown for the entire duration on long-form.
I know that. I just wanna show what would happen if the current LF settings for long-form programming would be further shortened...as in...hard to read.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
I know that. I just wanna show what would happen if the current LF settings for long-form programming would be further shortened...as in...hard to read.

Oh, I get you now! At least yours is actually legible! :P Hope TWC would never get the idea of making the LOT8s during long-form about the size of the alert scroll for the IS2. That's a scary thought...

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »
OK, boredom has struck me. Back around 2 to 3 years ago, a friend of mine in Fort Worth I would occasionally visit used to live in an apartment complex served by Ygnition Cable before moving last year. She told me that Ygnition re-transmits via Dish Network, so I didn't expect any "local" LOT8s on The Weather Channel. So an idea came to my head: if Ygnition was able to obtain the WS4000, what if their station idents at :57 past the hour clash with Dish Network's?

NOTE: I know Dish Network's IS doesn't carry a channel number in their ID, but I went ahead and added it anyway.

DISCLAIMER: All known materials are property of The Weather Channel and TWC Interactive. Dish Network and Ygnition logos (that overlap) as well as the Sirius & XM logos belong to their respective owners.

And just for the heck of it, on my alternate version, I did the same text using both the Interstate Bold-Condensed and the Star4000 Large fonts.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:46:37 PM by texasstooge »

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #128 on: November 16, 2011, 07:38:39 PM »
Nice!

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »
With all that's been going on at The Weather(less) Channel, logo ideas popped in my head. The first one involves cropping the current TWC logo MTV style...

...but then it would be stupid because the "W" would be shortened to an odd "V". So I went and created newer TWC Logos based on the Cartoon Network Idents. Note: Every other TWC logo has a "White" version of the bottom text.

For "Green Is Universal"/Earth Week:

And just for the heck of it, cropped them MTV-style.

Yeah, I do realize the green logo is cropped more than the blue one, but at this point, I don't care. :bleh:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:31:34 AM by texasstooge »

Offline texasstooge

• Nyuk-Nyuk-Nyuk!
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2014, 09:42:38 PM »
It's been over 2 years since I've posted any TWC-related artwork as I've been exploring around Dallas/Fort Worth. Plus I was running out of ideas and I was on Facebook most of the time.

Anyways, as many of us know, Belo Corp. has been purchased by Gannett Company. Even before that transaction, The Weather Channel would've been better off under Belo's ownership. Not because it was based in Dallas (although it's true), but because the local news stations (like ABC-affiliate WFAA-TV) have the most respected personnel. Let's rewind to around 2006/2007 before TWC's "downfall".

TWC Belo End Tag:

TWC Belo End Tag with Warning Crawl:

DISCLAIMER: All known materials are property of The Weather Channel and TWC Interactive. The Belo Corp logo has belonged to--well, duh. Belo Corp. via the YouTube video below with the end tag starting at the 14 second mark (too bad I couldn't find a cleaner version of this eventhough I've set it at the highest quality possible). The Warning crawl was created by Billy.

http://youtu.be/bUoqLtQG7uk?t=14s
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 10:06:08 PM by texasstooge »