March 28, 2024, 07:42:03 PM

Author Topic: Attention Artists!  (Read 13197 times)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Attention Artists!
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »
First of all, I'd like to thank the artists who've already joined us. That said, if you like the site, please put a link to us on your site (if you have links-not all of you do have a links page).

It would be much appreciated!  :sunglasses:

Offline musikcomposer

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
    • bill kilpatrick official website
Re: Attention Artists!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 08:54:51 PM »
Hello ifmusiclover ~

I've just signed up, at the suggestion in a very nice email from Gary Turner. A song of mine, "Dusty's Groove", is playing on TWC. The title for TWC is slightly altered ~ "Lucky's Groove". I've just released a CD, "Mixed Bag"; the song "Dusty's Groove" can be found on it. Here are a couple of links:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/billkilpatrick

http://internationaltouch.com/kilpatrick

I look forward to enjoying your site!

Thanks!

Bill

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:12:47 PM »
Hello ifmusiclover ~

I've just signed up, at the suggestion in a very nice email from Gary Turner. A song of mine, "Dusty's Groove", is playing on TWC. The title for TWC is slightly altered ~ "Lucky's Groove". I've just released a CD, "Mixed Bag"; the song "Dusty's Groove" can be found on it. Here are a couple of links:

Thanks!

Bill

Hi there Mr. Kilpatrick. Coincidentally, I am Gary Turner!  Glad you decided to join us! Feel free to start topics here in the artists board, or for that matter anywhere on the forum. And of course feel free to participate in existing discussions if you wish.  B)

Offline TheRolyPoly

• Changing Newscasts - Founder, Owner, Blogposter / NPR Lover and Affiliate: 91.3 WLRN-FM / Public Media Fans
  • Ultimate Member
  • The Latest News about Local Newscasts.
    • View Profile
    • Changing Newscasts
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »
Coincidentally, I am Gary Turner!

I never knew your last name was Turner
Roly (Twitter: @itsTheRolyPoly)
https://changingnewscasts.wordpress.com (Twitter: @ChangeNewsBlog)
Public Media Fans (Twitter: @PubMediaFans)
PBS and NPR in Miami = WPBT 2 (main), WLRN-TV 17 (secondary) and WXEL 42 (plus to WPBT) plus 91.3 WLRN-FM
https://seriousxm.substack.com (Twitter: @SeriousXM_News)

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 09:54:51 PM »
Coincidentally, I am Gary Turner!

I never knew your last name was Turner

You do now.  :whistling:

Offline musikcomposer

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 12:22:32 PM »
Hello ifmusiclover ~

Thanks!

Bill

Hi there Mr. Kilpatrick. Coincidentally, I am Gary Turner!  Glad you decided to join us! Feel free to start topics here in the artists board, or for that matter anywhere on the forum. And of course feel free to participate in existing discussions if you wish.  B)

Well, how about that for a coincidence! Thanks then, Gary, for the welcome to the site. I'll be sure to check in periodically ~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 03:06:06 PM »
Hello ifmusiclover ~

I've just signed up, at the suggestion in a very nice email from Gary Turner. A song of mine, "Dusty's Groove", is playing on TWC.
ilpatrick

Thanks!

Bill
Wait, so the song will air in a future playlist? (besides Jan 2007)

Offline musikcomposer

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 09:44:09 PM »
Hello ifmusiclover ~

I've just signed up, at the suggestion in a very nice email from Gary Turner. A song of mine, "Dusty's Groove", is playing on TWC.
ilpatrick

Thanks!

Bill

Hmm... that I'm not sure of; don't know how TWC plans what music will be played, whether plays from past months will be repeated... guess I should've said "...has played on TWC". Sorry for any confusion ~

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 05:53:29 PM »
Hello ifmusiclover ~

ilpatrick

Thanks!

Bill

Hmm... that I'm not sure of; don't know how TWC plans what music will be played, whether plays from past months will be repeated... guess I should've said "...has played on TWC". Sorry for any confusion ~
My bad. :doh: Just curious because I like to hear more of your music on The Weather Channel's forecasts :)

I got one more question TWC retitled another song of yours in March 2007 called "Across the Bay" (BMI title) . Would you happen to have the actual CD title from "Across the Bay" ?

Offline musikcomposer

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 01:13:53 PM »
My bad. :doh: Just curious because I like to hear more of your music on The Weather Channel's forecasts :)

I got one more question TWC retitled another song of yours in March 2007 called "Across the Bay" (BMI title) . Would you happen to have the actual CD title from "Across the Bay" ?

Thanks, I appreciate hearing that!

Regarding "Across The Bay", I asked my publisher what the original title was, and he's not able to remember... I'll ask again ~ I was actually surprised to hear that I had a second tune on TWC, as I had thought only the one  ~ "Dusty's (or Lucky's) Groove ~ had been picked up.

If you've got some time, go to

and you can preview the songs on my album... hopefully one of them will answer the "Across The Bay" mystery...

Thanks again!

Offline ndinminot

• TWC Music Expert (1986 thru 2009)
  • TWC fan from 1991 to 2008
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Midcontinent Comm.
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 10:32:43 AM »
Hello Mr Kilpatrick. I have that CD (Mixed Bag). I was wondering if you was able to find out which song was "Across the Bay"  used on The Weather Channel March of 2007 on that CD. Let me know. Thanks in Advance!
No Place On Earth Has Better Weather

Offline musikcomposer

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2008, 06:17:12 AM »
Hello Mr Kilpatrick. I have that CD (Mixed Bag). I was wondering if you was able to find out which song was "Across the Bay"  used on The Weather Channel March of 2007 on that CD. Let me know. Thanks in Advance!

Hello,

I've had a few people ask about that song ~ I'll try again to see if my publisher can track down which song that is... hopefully I can do so! And thank you for buying my CD ~ much appreciated!

Bill Kilpatrick

Offline musikcomposer

• TWC Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2008, 05:38:11 PM »

To those of you who have asked me about the song "Across The Bay" ~ to the best of my knowledge, I think I have determined that the song is, in fact, not one of mine. It is published by the same gentleman who published my song, "Dusty's Groove", which played on TWC last January. The publisher, however, says that he published "Across The Bay" in February of 2007, which is before I had anything signed with him. In addition, I never received any statement for song play on TWC other than that of January 2008 ("Dusty's Groove"). My best guess is that I have been erroneously credited as the songwriter of "Across The Bay". If anyone can send me just a small bit of the song as an mp3, I can listen to determine for certain one way or another...

All the best!

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2008, 06:00:07 PM »
To those of you who have asked me about the song "Across The Bay" ~ to the best of my knowledge, I think I have determined that the song is, in fact, not one of mine. It is published by the same gentleman who published my song, "Dusty's Groove", which played on TWC last January. The publisher, however, says that he published "Across The Bay" in February of 2007, which is before I had anything signed with him. In addition, I never received any statement for song play on TWC other than that of January 2008 ("Dusty's Groove"). My best guess is that I have been erroneously credited as the songwriter of "Across The Bay". If anyone can send me just a small bit of the song as an mp3, I can listen to determine for certain one way or another...

All the best!
Mr. Kilpatrick, if I can listen to a small bit of one of your mp3s, and compare it to any song playing now on TWC, I should be able to tell. B)
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline ndinminot

• TWC Music Expert (1986 thru 2009)
  • TWC fan from 1991 to 2008
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Midcontinent Comm.
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2008, 08:13:50 PM »
One thing I did noticed from the March 2007 playlist is that TWC lists the "cue-in's" of the songs, i.e. what point of it is used on the Locals on the 8's. it list "Across The Bay" with a cue-in (or time-in) of :12 and a cue-out of 2:12. After testing all the other songs on the CD, I did find one song that cues in perfectly at :12 "Diggin' In". I thought this song might be "Across the Bay" from 3/07. Maybe its just a coincidence :huh:
No Place On Earth Has Better Weather