Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > TWC and your Cable Company

TWC & WN on DISH?

(1/2) > >>

jrhtwc:
Anyone know when TWC's contract with DISH is up? Looks like Ch 215 is opening up as of April, and another site is showing an channel called WN coming online soon? Any info here?

luesjo12:

--- Quote from: jrhtwc on March 19, 2015, 10:02:55 AM ---Anyone know when TWC's contract with DISH is up? Looks like Ch 215 is opening up as of April, and another site is showing an channel called WN coming online soon? Any info here?

--- End quote ---
I think WN stands for WeatherNation. They are probably going to expand to Dish.

Metarvo:
I don't have Dish, but I honestly wish my provider would pick up WN even if it meant losing TWC, since TWC has reverted back to its pre-DTV-dispute state and then some IMHO.  It's good for Dish, though.

luesjo12:

--- Quote from: Metarvo on March 19, 2015, 01:13:51 PM ---I don't have Dish, but I honestly wish my provider would pick up WN even if it meant losing TWC, since TWC has reverted back to its pre-DTV-dispute state and then some IMHO.  It's good for Dish, though.

--- End quote ---
I agree with TWC having so much unnecessary longform, but WN has changed also. They mainly now run on Paid Programming, They have little to no live coverage, and also run on taped loops.

I really don't like the path TWC is taking. If they can steer away from making longform, then good, but I think they have been making longform for so long that they can't just say screw it and just end longform. They have wasted all this money on making longform that we won't see an end to it soon. Maybe someday TWC will wake up from its "coma". Sorry I made this post so off topic.

jrhtwc:
Looked at Zap2 it and TV Guide online, no clues yet on if WN is coming to 215 on DISH on 4/1. When TWC came back in 2010 after TWCast, How long was that contract? I'm just wondering if TWC is getting into trouble again/only one weather channel can be on DISH.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version