March 28, 2024, 09:40:37 AM

Author Topic: TWC No Audio  (Read 8677 times)

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 1102
  • HD WxStar ID #: 32475
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 20902
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
TWC No Audio
« on: August 02, 2012, 07:17:55 PM »
    Hi everyone. I'm watching Weather Center Live right now on TWC as I'm typing this post up, and there was absolutely no audio. No, my TV is not muted. I was watching WeatherScan before I changed the channel to TWC, and the WeatherScan audio was fine.  :o Is anyone else having this same problem? Is this problem national? Or is this just where I live in TWC's home Atlanta, GA market? Of course, I do have the IntelliStar, and I have Xfinity. The audio just came back on only for a brief moment. It was playing some ad spots for Xfinity. Now, there's no audio again. If anyone else is having this problem, you're more than welcome to post below. You may also comment about this below. That is all. Thank you.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:22:02 PM by LOT8MANIS »
Wesley Millsap

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: TWC No Audio
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:34:10 PM »
Is your IntelliStar out?
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 07:47:02 PM »
No, the IntelliSTAR isn't out. The LDL is still updating current conditions and forecasts. I can still see LOT8s pop up when each LOT8s comes up. The WCL segments and commercial breaks still run. It's just constant video and no audio.  :(
Wesley Millsap

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »
Are you sure it's not your TV? I live in Atlanta too and there are no audio problems on the SD or HD feed for me. :unsure:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 07:55:37 PM »
No, it isn't just my TV. My TV is fine. A local ad from a store here in the Atlanta area known as The Dump just ran minutes ago with audio, and then 2 additional ads just ran also with audio. They were both health-related. Then, the LOT8s came in without audio. And then, the Tropical Update ran without audio. Still no audio on TWC. It must be just my local weather ID which is 20902. Of course, I live in Acworth, GA which is 25 miles north of Atlanta. I don't plan on watching Pyros and Lifeguard! Southern California coming up between 8PM & 10PM, but I will be checking back in during the 10PM hour of WCL.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:57:11 PM by LOT8MANIS »
Wesley Millsap

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 08:02:18 PM »
Are you getting IS narration during the LFs?
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 08:12:57 PM »
No, I wasn't getting the Allen Jackson SD narration. The LOT8s was just running without the audio.
Wesley Millsap

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 10:03:17 PM »
Hi everyone. It's after 10PM ET. I just tuned back into WCL, and there is still no audio.
Wesley Millsap

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 10:24:46 PM »
Okay, 3 ads just ran with audio. 1) An Orlando tourism ad. 2) A Lipo-Flavonoid ad. 3) A Schiff MegaRed supplement ad. Then the audio dropped out in time for LOT8s. LOT8s has passed. WCL has continued. And there is still no audio in the past 7 minutes from 10:17 P.M.-10:24 P.M. ET.
Wesley Millsap

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »
Problem at your headend. If you are getting local ad audio yet no national ads or TWC audio its an issue on their end. I would contact your cable provider. Posting the issue in our STAR support area might be required if the problem continues to persist.

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 10:56:49 PM »
    Thanks for the advice, Martin. I knew from the beginning that this audio outage problem was on TWC's end. Yes, the local ad audio just happened the way it's been happening since the 7PM WCL and again during this 10PM WCL. I have been noticing a trend. The local ad audio would only be playing around the timing of the :18 & :48 past the hour LOT8s. Well, the 10PM WCL is wrapping up for the night. I'll be tuning back in to TWC tomorrow for a checkup to see if this audio outage is still going on. I'll also be checking to see if this problem is also occurring on TWC HD on my parents' TV in our den as well. If the problem is still persisting, I will definitely tell my parents to call the guys at Xfinity. Good night, Martin. Good night, everyone.
Wesley Millsap

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Martin. I knew from the beginning that this audio outage problem was on TWC's end.

No, the problem is with your local headend, not with The Weather Channel.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
Thanks for the advice, Martin. I knew from the beginning that this audio outage problem was on TWC's end.

No, the problem is with your local headend, not with The Weather Channel.
yes sorry for any confusion. I meant the problem is most likely at your cable company (aka headend) not TWC. TWC signal is distributed to headends over a satellite feed that rarely has issues. Receiving that signal is where things go wrong since there is a lot of equipment involved. When you see a local ad for your area, your cable company is actually injecting that overtop of the TWC    feed which may be airing some other national ad. Many people notice this when the ad injections dont match up quite right and the first couple seconds of an ad appear before being cut off for a local one.

In any case see if the issue is resolved tomorrow and if not call up your cable company. Usually something as big as that is fixed pretty fast.

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 01:35:33 PM »
    Hi everyone. I was able to check TWC HD on my parents' TV in our den earlier this morning. TWC HD is fine. All audio is coming in the way it should be, and I was able to hear Storm Tracker Jim Cantore's narration on LOT8s via IntelliSTAR HD. SD audio is still out. I still can't hear anything in SD. The local ad audio runs around the :18 & :48 past the hour LOT8s are still occurring the way they have been since last night. They come in, and then the audio drops out in time for LOT8s. I'll still have my parents contact the guys at Xfinity.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:39:10 PM by LOT8MANIS »
Wesley Millsap

Offline LOT8MANIS

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 08:22:10 PM »
    Okay, it's well after 8PM ET. I tuned in to the 4PM hour of WCL earlier, and the audio outage continued on. Here's where it later gets interesting. I tune in to the 7PM hour of WCL last hour, and just before 7:30 P.M., the video starts going out and coming back in. This keeps on going for 15 minutes. Also during this time, the satellite LDL replaces the local LDL, and the satellite LOT8s runs at 7:28 P.M. Then at around 7:45 P.M., the video stays out, and then the severe weather alert crawl comes up at the bottom of the screen due to severe thunderstorm warnings being issued for counties in the South side of the greater Atlanta area. No local ads run. LOT8s runs at :48 & :58 as a regular local run without the narration. Just before the :58 LOT8s, the TOH ID came in with the Xfinity logo on the black screen, and then one of the radio station logos came on the screen with the hill background. The screen continued to run black without the audio. Now, as I'm typing this message, both audio & video have returned to normal within 10 minutes into Twist of Fate. I'll continue to monitor the audio & video very carefully, and I'll let you guys know if anything changes.
Wesley Millsap