Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > TWC and your Cable Company

VZ FiOS dropped TWC

(1/13) > >>

texasstooge:
Three days ago, I got an email from my friend Ryan saying that his DFW FiOS IntelliStar is out (see topic posted on the STAR Tech Support section)

So far, it's day 3 and the IS is still out. Out of curiosity, any FiOS customers in markets other than Dallas/Fort Worth having the same issue? And is Weatherscan still operating?

Weatherman99:
My intelliStar is gone completely. Like the station is gone.

Tyler:
According to an email I got from Verizon, their contract with TWC is up and they are not renewing.

--- Quote ---Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

Verizon’s agreements to carry The Weather Channel and Weather Scan have expired, and have not been renewed.  In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps.  Verizon is therefore pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network, which will be available on FiOS® TV on channel 119/619 (HD) and on our free FiOS Mobile App starting March 10, 2015.  Verizon will also provide the FiOS TV WeatherBug “widget” application, which features hyper-local weather, on FiOS TV channel 49. WeatherBug can also be launched by pressing the “widget” button on the FiOS TV remote.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team
--- End quote ---

BDRyanWX:
Real nice.

Go ahead, Verizon, give me more reasons to drop you guys. Trust me, they're piling up pretty quick.

NorEastorm:
I have no problem with FiOS dropping TWC. Actually I am happy. TWC is nothing of its former self and honestly is getting more and more away from doing the weather.  Before one of the big snow storms this winter in the NE they weren't on the air at all to give updates or forecast and the storm was 36hours out. The bottom scroll no longer would show color coded warnings. All the little things that were once great are gone. And let's not forget the revolving door of OCMs. Cantore is becoming more and more of a pompous @ss.   I welcome Accuweather and a change to someone that will do more weather.  Also Mark Mancuso is on accu this morning. A long time TWC OCM who was fired in 08. Good to see him I always liked him.  It will take sometime for acciweather to get it all together but I have confidence.  Unlike weather nation acciweather has been around for a very long time and they have all the tools for forecasting and I really find their forecast to be very wel accurate.  I always go to their website over the TWC. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version