April 19, 2024, 06:02:14 PM

Author Topic: Comcast so-called HD?  (Read 2385 times)

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
Comcast so-called HD?
« on: March 10, 2009, 12:37:09 AM »
I find this rather funny... Comcast will advertise that they have more HD channels then DirectTV, but not what I see :whistling: When I looked to my cable lineup [HD], we only had 4 channels. Comcast, Comcast :rolleyes:

Offline ABC7

• Haven't watched TWC in 6 mos.!
  • Puddi Puddi!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 776
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27669
Re: Comcast so-called HD?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 12:51:24 AM »
My Comcast HD line-up has more than 4 HD channels, but I'm still surprised if Comcast carries more HD channels than DirecTV. Their commercials they aired several months ago failed to truthfully persuade people to subscribe to their HD service. Those commercials were annoying for me, and I didn't understand what their selling point is.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 12:54:53 AM »
I have to correct that statement again. They say they have over a thousand HD choices... Nowhere did they mention channels.

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 12:58:16 AM »
Bingo.

Comcast makes me so ticked. I am thinking about switching to AT&T U-Verse. They may have a rare star, since they are relatively small in the TV world.

J.T., Now it all makes sense lol.

OT: i just noticed, I fixed my broken CRT TV that was manufactured in 1992 today... It was weird looking in the unit its self. They Radioactive gun thing in there seemed ok, the X-Radioactivity shield was covered in lead (Hmm... wonder why?), butthen the main board was a mess :P I needed to solder a wire back on...

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 07:55:26 AM »
I wish I could get TWC HD, but my mom won't pay for it  :(
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Alejandro

• Rare and unknown music finder!
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC HD in 17 Days!
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
  • HD Channel #: 4/21/10 on ch. 847
  • SD Channel #: 047
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245/845
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:11:39 AM »
Most of  their so called HD choices is

1. you either have to fork up more money in there favor ( for example say the old disney movies for almost $5 for 24 Hrs thats a ripoff) or just a stupid 1:00 Movie teaser under the Trailers section, what a waste of time.

2. Mostly about 1 or 2 recent PPV's that came on in the week's past for the same actual price ($40.00 to $55.00) Need i say more?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 11:22:13 AM by Alejandro »

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 01:38:05 PM »

1. you either have to fork up more money in there favor ( for example say the old disney movies for almost $5 for 24 Hrs thats a ripoff) or just a stupid 1:00 Movie teaser under the Trailers section, what a waste of time.

2. Mostly about 1 or 2 recent PPV's that came on in the week's past for the same actual price ($40.00 to $55.00) Need i say more?
I agree. You definitely have a point there. Especially in this bad economy, if it's not an absolute necessity, you don't necessarily need it.

BTW, here's a trick you may not have thought of to cheat your cable company with pay-per-view movies and shows:
Connect your TV tuner to the cable box. That is, the cable that would normally run from the cable box to your TV, should be routed from the cable box to your computer (TV tuner). Most cable boxes require your TV to be on Channel 3, so set your tuner on Channel 3. After you have it all connected properly and before you start the movie, click record on your TV tuner window. Now, the movie is yours and it wasn't a ripoff at all  :P
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »

I agree. You definitely have a point there. Especially in this bad economy, if it's not an absolute necessity, you don't necessarily need it.

BTW, here's a trick you may not have thought of to cheat your cable company with pay-per-view movies and shows:
Connect your TV tuner to the cable box. That is, the cable that would normally run from the cable box to your TV, should be routed from the cable box to your computer (TV tuner). Most cable boxes require your TV to be on Channel 3, so set your tuner on Channel 3. After you have it all connected properly and before you start the movie, click record on your TV tuner window. Now, the movie is yours and it wasn't a ripoff at all  :P
I did that to someone who had Comcast in ATL City,  still said I needed to purchase ppv movies to watch so did Weatherscan. ::angry:

Anyways, no....Comcast isn't gonna provide any HD channels for awhile. I used to be a die-hard Comcast lover (I was OBSESSED with them) not anymore. :happy:

Offline WeatherSTARIII

• TWC fan 1991-2005
  • Legacy STAR fan
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2009, 12:37:43 AM »
Before switching to DirecTV, the last time I checked, the Comcast in my area on had 40 HD channels.

They don't even have any of the regional stations that you can still pick up for free through an outdoor antenna. They even broadcast in HD too.
Classic TWC, Weatherscan, legacy WeatherSTARs, and classic Prevue/TV Guide fan.

R.I.P. Weatherscan: 1999-2022