Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > TWC and your Cable Company

Charter Communications Discussion

<< < (12/12)

Lightning:
Well in my area Charter was digital by July 2014. Have to have a cable box for cable. It no longer matter that your tv set is cable ready. It's very expensive too.  :thumbdown:

toxictwister00:
It's kinda weird seeing how Charter is so far behind on the digital conversion compared to Comcast for example. Comcast went all digital here in Atlanta way back 6 years ago (Spring 2010).

Lightning:

--- Quote from: toxictwister00 on March 29, 2016, 06:32:10 PM ---It's kinda weird seeing how Charter is so far behind on the digital conversion compared to Comcast for example. Comcast went all digital here in Atlanta way back 6 years ago (Spring 2010).

--- End quote ---
At least I got to enjoy cable TV without it requiring a box over 4 years longer than you did.

texasstooge:
The Charter cluster in Fort Worth, Denton, and Cleburne went all-digital in 2013. Just last summer, my Time Warner Cable cluster went all digital, and we got digital adapters which are far cheaper than the set-top boxes.

With Time Warner Cable's lines far more advanced with faster internet and crystal clear digital picture, the rest of the aforementioned Charter cluster is gonna have to get with the program. From what I heard, they're still using old lines in some parts.

TWCJim:
http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2016/12/30/NBCUniversal-blackout-looms-for-17M-Spectrum-customers-as-talks-stall/7641483127886/

Charter Spectrum and NBCUniversal are in a dispute over carriage fees. Millions of Charter customers such as myself could lose access to the NBCUniversal channels, including The Weather Channel, if the two parties cannot come to an agreement by this Sunday, New Year's Day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version