March 15, 2024, 01:38:53 AM

Author Topic: Website Errors and Problems  (Read 83944 times)

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Website Errors and Problems
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2010, 06:57:09 AM »
The forum keeps randomly logging me out every few hours on both of my computers, and I have it set so I'm logged on forever. Anyone else having this issue?
Cookies. Clear them. Cache. Clear that too. Close your browser. Open your browser. Go back to the forums and try again. If that doesn't help, you seem to be the only one affected as I'm still logged in both of my machines.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2010, 03:05:22 PM »
um, is the calendar suppose to have a green bg? it kinda clashes with the forum  :P

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2010, 06:13:25 PM »
lol yea but we can remove that

Offline Spring Rubber

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #138 on: August 04, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »
I noticed that when logged out, the login box in the upper right corner of the forums has absolutely no text to describe what the three fields are for. I basically had to guess that the first two were for username/password. No clue what the third box is for.
<SpringRubber>   my gummy bears are hard
<SpringRubber>   :(
<SpringRubber>   PONY!
<kitty0723>    ADHD much?

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 04, 2010, 10:44:35 AM »
I noticed that when logged out, the login box in the upper right corner of the forums has absolutely no text to describe what the three fields are for. I basically had to guess that the first two were for username/password. No clue what the third box is for.
I noticed this as well... This seems to be an easy fix to do in the templates. I, or Tyler, will look in to it asap.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #140 on: August 04, 2010, 11:15:10 AM »

Yeah, I've wondered what the third box is, too. It certainly is not required for the log-in process. :no:

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 04, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »

Yeah, I've wondered what the third box is, too. It certainly is not required for the log-in process. :no:
That's the openid box.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:10 PM »
Where do you guys get your weather data from? Right now, it is showing "Thunder Storms" for Southaven, but the nearest Thunderstorm is 2 counties away.  :dunno:

EDIT: Now, is says "Partly Cloudy", but it never rained, or thundered for that matter.

◄◄◄◄

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 10, 2010, 08:51:01 PM »
The data is from HAMweather which gets data from the NWS and conditions are pulled in from the closest airport to your set location
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

phw115wvwx

« Reply #144 on: August 10, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »
Where do you guys get your weather data from? Right now, it is showing "Thunder Storms" for Southaven, but the nearest Thunderstorm is 2 counties away.  :dunno:
At your location, the closest airport happens to be the one at Memphis, TN.  Yes, I looked it up.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2010, 05:27:42 PM »
In my profile, the pin on the map is off the coast of Africa ( :o ) instead of in Chicago, IL. Why is this, and what can I do to fix it?
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2010, 06:19:14 PM »
In my profile, the pin on the map is off the coast of Africa ( :o ) instead of in Chicago, IL. Why is this, and what can I do to fix it?

I think this means you haven't set your pin yet because your pin doesn't show up on the "Master Member Map." ;) To add a pin, go to your profile and under "forum profile," find the United States and place your pin where you want to.

BTW, we have a couple of misplaced pins on the big member map. I didn't realize a couple of our members lived in the Atlantic Ocean! :wacko: :P

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »

I think this means you haven't set your pin yet because your pin doesn't show up on the "Master Member Map." ;) To add a pin, go to your profile and under "forum profile," find the United States and place your pin where you want to.

BTW, we have a couple of misplaced pins on the big member map. I didn't realize a couple of our members lived in the Atlantic Ocean! :wacko: :P
If you just click on the map before setting your pin, it will default your location to the ocean location. I have gone in and manually changed a bunch of members but it is so easy to do more keep appearing. Its easy to correct if you notice it but a good portion of the members who have it pinned out there aren't too active.

Offline Charismatic Applesauce

• Nice and mushy.
  • Ultimate Member
  • A tu lado.
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 30
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21813
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »
Thanks! I just changed my location. How silly of me! :bleh:  I guess we learn something new every day. :yes:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 06:59:51 PM by TWC and Apple 4eva »
iWitness   YouTube   Twitter   Facebook
Neither rain or shine will keep a man from making an ass of himself on the news. —Anderson Cooper

phw115wvwx

« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2010, 11:21:21 PM »
The reason that pin is placed by default in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean just beneath the African coast is because that's where the latitude and longitude is exactly zero.  When you move a pin to your location, you're actually putting in a latitude and longitude.