March 28, 2024, 12:13:51 PM

Author Topic: New Ideas for TWCT/TWCC  (Read 12819 times)

phw115wvwx

New Ideas for TWCT/TWCC
« on: October 31, 2012, 11:42:29 PM »
We all realize that TWC has increasingly become difficult to discuss due to all the changes that have occurred, which most people view quite negatively.  It has created a ton of complaining, but some of it has become too rampant to where it has actually driven away some members as I've learned in the past months.  It's time that we take a step back and start focusing on new ideas that have some relation to TWC but can be expanded a little so that there's more productive activity in this forum.

Thus, I'm opening this thread for any possible topic ideas, thoughts, or suggestions that we could try to change our focus on how we apply TWC to this forum that would spur interest and positive thoughts again.  Maybe a group brainstorm will help all of us find things or perspectives that we've probably missed.  I've got a few ideas in mind, but I want everyone to have a say before we try anything.  Thanks! B)

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: New Ideas for TWCT/TWCC
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 01:06:10 AM »
Maybe add some more LF videos to this site's video index?  :dunno:  Just an idea...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 01:10:21 AM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 01:26:39 AM »
Maybe add some more LF videos to this site's video index?  :dunno:  Just an idea...
I'll let Martin and Jesse have a thought on that idea as they maintain the website.  I'm trying to find topics and ideas we could try implementing here in the forum, too.

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 05:06:45 AM »
I'm with Jim, I'd like to see more content on the site as well, and I can surely donate a lot of satellite/DirecTV/HD LF's from 2010 through today to the site along with a few IntelliStar clips here and there :yes:

As for the forums, how about a tiny shift in focus to where we can have a little more focus on weather and not just TWC?
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 10:42:43 AM »
As for the forums, how about a tiny shift in focus to where we can have a little more focus on weather and not just TWC?
I had a similar idea for my site. My idea is to scale back the TWC content (ie. only keeping the most memorable clips) and add more weather content. Thus appealing more to those who are big weather fans, but aren't nostalgic about TWC enough to visit often (or at all).

I'm all for ending the complaining if it's turning people off, but I'm not sure what else we can talk about. Weather in general is a good idea. Talking about things that were good about TWC is another idea, but I doubt those will garner much interest.
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 11:49:15 AM »
I'll let Martin and Jesse have a thought on that idea as they maintain the website.  I'm trying to find topics and ideas we could try implementing here in the forum, too.

Oh, I thought you meant ideas for both the entire sites, not just their forums.

I would like to donate old clips if it's possible somewhat. I guess we'll have to wait and see what both Jesse and Martin think about this idea first.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:53:38 AM by TWCJim »
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

phw115wvwx

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 10:42:59 PM »
I had a similar idea for my site. My idea is to scale back the TWC content (ie. only keeping the most memorable clips) and add more weather content. Thus appealing more to those who are big weather fans, but aren't nostalgic about TWC enough to visit often (or at all).

I'm all for ending the complaining if it's turning people off, but I'm not sure what else we can talk about. Weather in general is a good idea. Talking about things that were good about TWC is another idea, but I doubt those will garner much interest.
Zach and Matt, I'm certainly in agreement with favoring a little more about weather and the better things about TWC that people feel most interested in discussing. :yes:  I get the feeling we need more thoughts on how to implement it, so I'm hoping for more opinions this weekend.

Offline lfmusiclover

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1990-1999
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 12:48:02 AM »
I'd like to add to this conversation, if I could. As luck would have it, I was watching TWC briefly the other day, and I could only shake my head in disgust at what I was seeing. I had a feeling there were alot of people on here who are not fans of TWC as it now is. But the truth is, none of us should be very surprised. I think we all knew things would never be the same when NBC bought TWC awhile back. Who amongst us didn't know TWC was going to go in this direction? I mean, really? They want to popularize the channel, and let's face it, the TWC we all knew and loved over the years wasn't exactly a ratings giant. Remember, we are in the minority of TWC's viewers. Let's not ruin the forum by complaining about things we have no control over. It's not worth driving people away over.

I'm very much in favor of shifting the focus a little onto weather instead of TWC. If it was still my site, that would be the direction I'd be taking it.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 12:25:08 AM »
I do too. A little bit of weather or maybe a little bit about The Weather Network in canada (if enough people like that network).

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 03:40:26 PM »
As soon as Martin is back home and I'm not busy caring for my ailing mother (she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure a few weeks ago), I'll work with Martin to come up with a game plan to see if the shift to weather can occur smoothly, if this, indeed, turns out to be the best option. We all here value each and every one of your opinions, so keep them coming guys!! :happy:

phw115wvwx

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 06:38:32 PM »
I have a few weather ideas as well, but I want to see what significant changes Martin would like to try first before I start incorporating them into the framework.  I also feel we should give more focus to particular aspects of TWC that we enjoy like the music and graphics.  Just because they may be disappointing now doesn't mean we have to abandon what we liked in the past and what may come in the future that could pleasantly surprise us.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 06:56:23 PM »
I don't really have any ideas, but I like some of the ones already floating around in here. :yes:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline twcclassics

• Classic TWC Expert
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWC Classics
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 09:55:17 PM »
What's all this talk about implementing ideas and framework? Aren't we just changing topics? What all is involved in doing that besides just...doing it? :dunno:
TWC Classics Webmaster
https://twcclassics.com

phw115wvwx

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 06:08:52 AM »
What's all this talk about implementing ideas and framework? Aren't we just changing topics? What all is involved in doing that besides just...doing it? :dunno:
I'm thinking there will be some new boards or threads possibly added, but I don't know all the details yet either.

Offline stormymikala

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »

Oh, I thought you meant ideas for both the entire sites, not just their forums.

I would like to donate old clips if it's possible somewhat. I guess we'll have to wait and see what both Jesse and Martin think about this idea first.

If you can donate clips, I enjoying seeing video clips.