Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > Programming and Graphics

You can't spell "Weekend View" without "Vu".

(1/6) > >>

Spring Rubber:
Actually, you can, and they seem to be doing just that today as Bill Keneely and Samantha Mohr host the show on their own today, but what's different this time is that no mention of Dao Vu's name has been made at all, and as far as I know, Julie Martin should be available to host if need be. Have they decided to take Weekend View in a new direction - one without a host who serves no real purpose? I guess time will tell.

wxmediafan:
Apparently Julie Martin was not available, because she wasn't there, or they just didn't want her to host.

That's interesting they didn't mention anything about Dao.  If Dao leaves, I won't be too upset about it.  The show can last without her. :yes:  (I think..maybe there are some people out there who like her..IIRC, it is a pretty high rated show)

Mike M:
IMO, they should have four OCM's on that show, like they used to do with Evening Edition.

Spring Rubber:
The 4-person thing never seems to work. They tried it with EE, EE Weekend, and Weekend:NOW.

EE Weekend gave it up first, then EE gave it up when Jim came on the show, and finally Weekend:NOW became Weekend Planner, and the four-person format was dropped shortly after.

Weekend View technically started with four people, with Steph being out in the field. Now we might even be down to two if Dao left.

Localonthe8s:
So Dao permanently left Weekend View (or TWC for that matter)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version