April 19, 2024, 01:18:18 PM

Author Topic: TWC to carry Obama's primetime address on the oil spill  (Read 8380 times)

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: TWC to carry Obama's primetime address on the oil spill
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »
I'm not surprised about this. Ever since the oil spill started, TWC's been covering it. Everytime I tune in to TWC all they talk about is the oil spill.
Then why do you still watch TWC?

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 04:01:44 PM »
I'm not surprised about this. Ever since the oil spill started, TWC's been covering it. Everytime I tune in to TWC all they talk about is the oil spill.
Then why do you still watch TWC?

Here's a simple answer: I watch it when I want to watch. I don't watch it when I don't want to watch.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 05:10:30 PM »
Yeah, the whole "if you don't like it, don't watch it" argument is not getting anyone anywhere. People still watch it. I do.
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »
I agree with Aaron. :yes: We've heard the "If you don't like it, don't watch it" spiel numerous times, and it hasn't stopped people from watching. Really, it's just added to the argument, and I'm kind of getting tired of it. ;) Those complaining should have a right to complain. :)

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21805
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:24 PM »
This is going to be tonight at 8 ET, of course.

I think it's safe to say TWC is completely a news network at this point, but we already knew that.

The NBC effect.

Look for the ratings to follow the rest of the NBC owned channels.   :no:
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline I<3A&B

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 65
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 01:26:41 PM »
I have to agree that TWC is more like a news network now,  :thumbdown: thanks to NBC. I admit it was strange that they actually showed Obama's speech, but then again I can understand why, especially since TWC has the whole environmental thing going on. I also have to a gree with Anistorm, I watch it when I want.

Made by Anistorm and 7oA

Offline ABC7

• Haven't watched TWC in 6 mos.!
  • Puddi Puddi!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 776
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27669
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2010, 03:10:04 PM »
I wish the ratings for the NBC/Universal networks (maybe except the USA network) would follow the trend of NBC: falling rapidly with little hope of recovery.

I just love how whenever TWC does talk about the oil spill, they used as much red as they can. I wonder what graphics they'll use when a major hurricane is about to make landfall. Probably the same amount of red, but I won't be surprised if they go all out with strobe lights, swirling graphics, and big lowed 3rd's that clutter most of the screen.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 03:12:11 PM by ABC7 »

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2010, 04:46:34 PM »
I agree with Aaron. :yes: We've heard the "If you don't like it, don't watch it" spiel numerous times, and it hasn't stopped people from watching. Really, it's just added to the argument, and I'm kind of getting tired of it. ;) Those complaining should have a right to complain. :)
Those complaining have the right to complain when there is something **NEW** to complain about.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:48:52 PM by Martin »

Drobbins

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2010, 08:34:25 PM »
I don't think anyone minds talking about the issues but are 4 threads about how TWC is bad necessary?
Evidently it is necessary - or there wouldn't be 4 threads.  :thinking: I have been a fan of TWC since the early days of cable. In all honesty, I joined this forum hoping to give some feedback to someone who cares at TWC. I have e-mailed them and filled out their on-line feed back form with out getting any replies back from them. (I know that they will not answer everyone) Does anyone from TWC frequent this forum? I am kine of like a sports fan whose team is on a loosing streak. I can't stand to watch them play, but they are the only team in town. TWC is the only weather channel on Dish and they are definately on a loosing streak.  <_<

There seems to be a wave of sentiment that has formed that TWC programming is not what it's fan base wants and people who do not watch TWC could care less. We could just mention once that TWC needs re-grouping but that will probably not change things. If they hear it again and again, they will probably end up doing something about it.

If you don't like the posts, don't read it  ;)  :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 08:36:04 PM by Drobbins »

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2010, 02:49:50 AM »
I don't think anyone minds talking about the issues but are 4 threads about how TWC is bad necessary?
Evidently it is necessary - or there wouldn't be 4 threads.  :thinking: I have been a fan of TWC since the early days of cable. In all honesty, I joined this forum hoping to give some feedback to someone who cares at TWC. I have e-mailed them and filled out their on-line feed back form with out getting any replies back from them. (I know that they will not answer everyone) Does anyone from TWC frequent this forum? I am kine of like a sports fan whose team is on a loosing streak. I can't stand to watch them play, but they are the only team in town. TWC is the only weather channel on Dish and they are definately on a loosing streak.  <_<

There seems to be a wave of sentiment that has formed that TWC programming is not what it's fan base wants and people who do not watch TWC could care less. We could just mention once that TWC needs re-grouping but that will probably not change things. If they hear it again and again, they will probably end up doing something about it.

If you don't like the posts, don't read it  ;)  :)
nice try. it's best to listen to the admin, lol. At this point, you're all beating a dead horse. Nothing is going to change, so it's best to just let it go, or don't watch the channel. I made a rant not too long ago giving some tips on making your voice heard... Can't link to it as I am mobile. If you search my posts on my profile, you can read up on it.

PS. don't be trying to steal my quote, lol :club:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2010, 03:05:11 AM »
nice try. it's best to listen to the admin, lol. At this point, you're all beating a dead horse. Nothing is going to change, so it's best to just let it go, or don't watch the channel. I made a rant not too long ago giving some tips on making your voice heard... Can't link to it as I am mobile. If you search my posts on my profile, you can read up on it.

PS. don't be trying to steal my quote, lol :club:

Found it. Didn't take too long as I have a good memory. :P

hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Drobbins

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2010, 08:47:36 PM »
Let me tell you a little story and then I will be on my way.

One of my other hobbies is home theater. I have a 110" screen and surround sound that rocks the house. A few years back I went to get some movies at Block Buster. They informed me that I had a late charge that I didn't know about. It turns out that I did not return a movie on Christmas morning, but on the 26th instead. I replied that they had to be kidding, but they wanted their late fee. I paid the fee and then cancelled my membership and we did not visit the store at all. Many more people must have done much of the same thing, because with in a year or two Block Buster stopped charging late fees. Since then I have been a monthly subscriber for 3 years now.

Speaking up as a consumer is needed sometimes to remind companies that they are providing a service, and the customer is supposed to be the boss. We can all hide our head in the sand and talk about only TWCs good points, but that will never change anything. Corporations these days act like the consumer needs them when in fact, corporations will not exist with out the customer. This forum would be usless with out its members. I was gald to see Dish say enough is enough and now maybe we will get a weather channel that is about weather. :rolleyes:

I am sorry if my presents here have been a downer. If a forum about TWC is not the place to talk about both the good and the bad, I will be on my way. 

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 02:27:24 AM »
I am sorry if my presents here have been a downer. If a forum about TWC is not the place to talk about both the good and the bad, I will be on my way. 
You are fine! We welcome comments and opinions on TWC but I just ask that other members who have been here a while just keep in mind that a lot of their gripes have already been covered. We all wish TWC would be more weather specific

Offline TWCC_DJK5555

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD WxStar ID #: 21805
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 09:56:51 PM »
I have to agree that TWC is more like a news network now,  :thumbdown: thanks to NBC.

They spent five minutes last night talking about LeBron James.   :blink:

TWC has officially jumped the shark. 
Men of war make peace

Men of peace make war

Offline curtjr4

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »
I have to agree that TWC is more like a news network now,  :thumbdown: thanks to NBC.

They spent five minutes last night talking about LeBron James.   :blink:

TWC has officially jumped the shark.

Way to go, TWC. They seriously are screwing up. This should be their new logo...

It describes them, and is fitting! :clap: