March 28, 2024, 01:29:37 PM

Author Topic: The Weather Channel - LIVE ON YOUTUBE  (Read 12755 times)

Offline livefromButler

• Velitacast
    • View Profile
    • Velitacast Official Webpage
  • Cable Provider: Armstrong
  • HD Channel #: 117
  • SD Channel #: 25
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24115
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: The Weather Channel - LIVE ON YOUTUBE
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2014, 12:50:47 AM »
Alright so over the course of the past month or so, several test streams have been broadcast.  It appears that the streams do only appear when a severe weather event is taking place.

As of the time this post was written, a stream has been running for nearly 4 hours at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14Wzn-0uQMY and is still running live.

So it's interesting to follow these tests, and also quite fun because I do not pay for TWC HD on cable

UPDATE: Stream now private
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 03:35:53 PM by livefromButler »
Check out my portfolio at velitacast.net

Offline livefromButler

• Velitacast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 04:07:26 PM »
Now, there is a stream that seems to be online only, showing severe coverage.  "WATCH LIVE: Severe Storm Coverage:" http://youtu.be/cei3uGi1nFU
Check out my portfolio at velitacast.net

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2014, 06:11:56 AM »
Now, there is a stream that seems to be online only, showing severe coverage.  "WATCH LIVE: Severe Storm Coverage:" http://youtu.be/cei3uGi1nFU

Pro tip if you ever go into the tv biz.... if you are wearing a mic ALWAYS assume it's live. I heard a few cuss words dropped in some of the convo when they were "off air" in that clip from the stream. Oops!

Offline SamRichardson92

• Sam R
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: 427
  • SD Channel #: 06
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 08:51:28 AM »

Pro tip if you ever go into the tv biz.... if you are wearing a mic ALWAYS assume it's live. I heard a few cuss words dropped in some of the convo when they were "off air" in that clip from the stream. Oops!

When I visited TWC I was let in on some information regarding this. You guys guessed correctly, in the event of a severe event in a local area, TWC will livestream  the coverage on YouTube as well as breaking into the locally affected market and keeping the national feed on natural drama programming.

This is the off air feed, so that explains the swear words and such, this is only temporary while they find a way to get the viz feed onto the livestream without having to stream the national feed w/ commercials.
Modify message

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2014, 02:18:58 AM »

When I visited TWC I was let in on some information regarding this. You guys guessed correctly, in the event of a severe event in a local area, TWC will livestream  the coverage on YouTube as well as breaking into the locally affected market and keeping the national feed on natural drama programming.

This is the off air feed, so that explains the swear words and such, this is only temporary while they find a way to get the viz feed onto the livestream without having to stream the national feed w/ commercials.
Modify message

Correct but even if.... If you are near a mic just assume it's live.  Essentially everything is recorded in this day and age so be safe than sorry
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:17:28 PM by TWCToday »

Offline livefromButler

• Velitacast
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 05:26:15 PM »