March 28, 2024, 06:58:52 AM

Author Topic: Sweeping Changes Coming: Champion Cancelled, Less Reality Shows  (Read 78162 times)

Offline christina311

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Sweeping Changes Coming: Champion Cancelled, Less Reality Shows
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2015, 07:44:22 PM »
That figures. The Weather Channel goes back to weather AFTER I move to Canada.  :thumbdown:

Offline Star4000 Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • SD Channel #: 56

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2015, 11:43:41 PM »
That figures. The Weather Channel goes back to weather AFTER I move to Canada.  :thumbdown:

But The Weather Network is infinitely better, in my opinion.  Where do you live in Canada?  I've visited Québec, New Brunswick, and a lovely two weeks on Prince Edward Island.

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2015, 12:58:04 PM »
The Weather Channel to Premiere New Series NATURAL BORN MONSTERS, 9/21

From land prowling fish to giant predatory reptiles and more... adventurer and EXPLORER Sean Duggan treks to the most remote stretches of the globe in search of mysterious creatures that have adapted to extreme weather and environments in new series, "Natural Born Monsters." In each episode, Duggan makes it his mission to unearth these fascinating creatures and investigate how weather came to shape both the wild claims around their existence and the wild beasts themselves.

I thought we stopped green-lighting these shows   :thumbdown:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/The-Weather-Channel-to-Premiere-New-Series-NATURAL-BORN-MONSTERS-921-20150918

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2015, 01:16:04 PM »

From land prowling fish to giant predatory reptiles and more... adventurer and EXPLORER Sean Duggan treks to the most remote stretches of the globe in search of mysterious creatures that have adapted to extreme weather and environments in new series, "Natural Born Monsters." In each episode, Duggan makes it his mission to unearth these fascinating creatures and investigate how weather came to shape both the wild claims around their existence and the wild beasts themselves.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/The-Weather-Channel-to-Premiere-New-Series-NATURAL-BORN-MONSTERS-921-20150918

TWC said in i'ts memo that it will air it's remaining reality shows already produced prior to September.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 01:21:08 PM by Adrian »

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2015, 01:32:47 PM »
Alright. For a second there I thought they were pulling their little stunts again.  <_<

Offline Tallahassee FL WX

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 441
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • WxScan Ch. #: 17
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2015, 03:54:49 PM »
In a response to a Tweet today to David Clark someone asked if there was gonna be any "tweaks/updates to the Intellistars anytime soon" and he replied back saying "always updates. Tomorrow - Radar!" I wonder what that means????
The Weather is Always Amazing

Offline WeatherSTAR

• Certified Cabbl Dealer™
  • Weatherscan Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Triple C TWC YouTube
  • HD Channel #: 1101
  • SD Channel #: 8
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22941
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2015, 05:27:37 PM »
In a response to a Tweet today to David Clark someone asked if there was gonna be any "tweaks/updates to the Intellistars anytime soon" and he replied back saying "always updates. Tomorrow - Radar!" I wonder what that means????
Chances are he's referring to the upcoming radar insert on the I2HD/XD's side bar, which was shown a little while back here on the forums.

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2015, 08:35:55 PM »

TWC said in i'ts memo that it will air it's remaining reality shows already produced prior to September.

Too bad they can't get their money back for that one.... it looks awful. :rolleyes:

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2015, 06:53:50 AM »

Too bad they can't get their money back for that one.... it looks awful. :rolleyes:

Wonder how many shows they have left to show?

Chances are he's referring to the upcoming radar insert on the I2HD/XD's side bar, which was shown a little while back here on the forums.

I think you're talking about this: https://twitter.com/daveclark/status/635132309591580672

As of right now, nothing yet on DISH, anyone see anything?  I would think DISH/DTV would get something since that pic looks like a national IS.

Offline colonieweather

• B.A. Broadcast Meteorology
    • View Profile
    • Colonie Weather Online
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 23
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2015, 07:29:43 AM »
I think you're talking about this: https://twitter.com/daveclark/status/635132309591580672

As of right now, nothing yet on DISH, anyone see anything?  I would think DISH/DTV would get something since that pic looks like a national IS.

Nothing yet on my IS2, but Im noticing that LDL keeps switching between IS2 LDL and national LDL.  It has been doing that at least for the last hour or so.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:31:54 AM by colonieweather »

Offline TWCJim

• Fan of LOT8s/Wxscan, NOAA Weather Radio & the EAS
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • TWCJim's STAR Database
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2015, 10:24:33 AM »

Hmm, I could have sworn I've heard of that show's coming weeks ago, before the release of the memo regarding the major programming changes. I don't remember where I saw that info unfortunately. Hopefully this is the last "weather" show to be greenlighted.
TWCJim's STAR Database
TWCJim (main YouTube channel)
EASJim (second YouTube channel for my EAS and NWR videos)

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2015, 11:21:19 AM »
Yeah nothing has changed on my IS2 yet... So I'm not sure what was updated or if the update has rolled out yet.

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2015, 01:49:36 PM »
In a tweet from David Clark he is saying the "The update is rolling out nationally now and we should see the update in the next few hours"

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2015, 02:03:01 PM »
In a tweet from David Clark he is saying the "The update is rolling out nationally now and we should see the update in the next few hours"

Thanks.