April 19, 2024, 03:16:06 AM

Author Topic: New Morning Show: "AMHQ with Sam Champion"  (Read 65788 times)

Offline Tim198

• View Profile
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Morning Show: "AMHQ with Sam Champion"
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2015, 05:07:06 PM »
Full press release from TWC. It looks like AMHQ will  be just Sam, Jennifer and Jim on Weekdays. It will also air on weekends from 5-9AM with Reynolds Wolf & Kait Parker. Also, a new Weekend morning show with Maria Larosa & Paul Goodloe will be launched.

http://www.theweathercompany.com/newsroom/2015/01/14/jim-cantore-join-sam-champion-amhq

Offline alex979

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 40
  • WxScan Ch. #: 116
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2015, 07:39:33 PM »
Here's some more info from TWC management on the moves.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/weather-channel-to-pair-jim-cantore-sam-champion-in-new-morning-tv-mix-exclusive-1201404633

So, viewers are tuning in to AMHQ for a longer time than they did before, but it's interesting that TWC didn't say how many viewers there actually are. But it's pretty obvious that the ratings still haven't  been too good, since they're putting two of their most famous hosts on together.

Also, who will replace Jennifer on her daytime shift with Vivian? Mark Elliott? Alex Wallace?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:42:17 PM by alex979 »

Offline TJTWX

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Bright House
  • HD Channel #: 1328
  • SD Channel #: 28
« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2015, 07:44:07 PM »
http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/jim-cantore-joins-sam-champions-morning-show/252293

"Longtime Weather Channel meteorologists Jim Cantore and Jennifer Delgado will be joining Sam Champion on the network’s 3-hour morning show, “AMHQ. Cantore and Delgado join the show January 26."

I am assuming that they will replace Mike Bettes who is moving to Evenings.

IMHO, Cantore should stay on the evening show. I don't usually watch AMHQ, but I have seen it on occasion, and its not really that bad. Hope they get rid of Anaridis, though. Don't really like her.

On an unrelated note, I'm curious to see how Bettes' show and the LaRosa/Goodloe show turns out.
News Music Fan, Weather Geek, and TWC Fan!
From the Pittsburgh area, in case you couldn't tell by my avatar.
Now living in Indiana, and loving it here!
Favorite station is WTAE Pittsburgh's Action News 4 in the Pgh area; tie between CBS4, FOX59, and WISH-TV here in Indy
Follow me on Twitter @TJTempleWX!

Offline alex979

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2015, 11:59:30 AM »
Did anyone else see any of AMHQ today? Maria seemed like she was pissed off. Sam kept talking and trying to joke around with her, and she wasn't having it. After she interviewed some skier via Skype, Sam was standing at the desk with her and it looked like he was trying to say something to her, but she quickly tossed away to Mike. She seemed subdued, not like her normal self, and I wonder if she's unhappy about being moved to weekends.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
Is Anardis Rodriguez still on the program?

Offline alex979

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »
Is Anardis Rodriguez still on the program?

Yes.

Offline TheStormExpert

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 380
  • SD Channel #: 58
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2015, 11:34:25 PM »
Looks like this is The Weather Channel's solution to AMHQ's low ratings.  If this doesn't work then I hope they pull the plug on it. :fear:

Offline NorEastorm

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »
I just wish I caiuld tune in to TWC some nights when nothing else is on the 400 channels or middle of the night can't sleep and just watch a forecast. Some good local on 8's tunes. Miss seeing Weekend weather, school day, ski and snow r/ boat and beach report etc.  oh well that's  why we have you tube and TWC classics website for now.   

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2015, 06:17:28 PM »
Regarding the changes, it's pretty much no surprise that they would put Cantore on a morning show with failing ratings.  The true test will be to see if he can get more people tuned in.  No disrespect to Cantore, but I just haven't enjoyed watching him as much lately.  In my opinion, he has gone way over the top with getting worked up.  In the past, when he would get worked up, it was rare and exciting to see.  Now I feel like he gets excited over every little thing, and the excitement is almost fake and over done.  Also, I find it interesting that TWC chose Jen Delgado as the third member of the team.  I haven't watched her much, but for some reason, she just doesn't seem to come off in the right way.

Maria and Paul I think would make a good pair for the new weekend show.  I'm not sure why she'd be upset with having her own show, but I know the weekend time-slot is not as popular as the weekday.  Finally, I think Mike Bettes is also a good choice to have his own show, although I feel like we're going in circles because he and Stephanie Abrams once used to have their own show.  I wish they would bring back Abrams and Bettes and leave Al all by himself.

Offline TV Shows Fan

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 211
  • HD WxStar ID #: 32190
  • SD Channel #: 211
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22581
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2015, 05:00:08 PM »
Also, who will replace Jennifer on her daytime shift with Vivian? Mark Elliott? Alex Wallace?
It will be Mark Elliot. https://www.facebook.com/twcmarkelliot/posts/890096014355373

Offline TWCmatthew

• Avid TWC Fan 2000-2011
  • Ultimate Member
  • Trained Weather Spotter for NWS Detroit/Pontiac
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Page
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 35
  • SD WxStar ID #: 23527
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2015, 12:03:43 PM »
I wish Nick Walker would have replaced Jennifer Delgado. It would've been nice to see Nick Walker and Vivian Brown anchor together, as they did on Weather Center several years ago.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2015, 07:54:40 AM »
I must say, it was sort of a shocker to hear Cantore was going to be a part of this program.  It's no secret something on that show needs to change; maybe this is it.  I like Maria LaRosa and Mike Bettes a lot, and think they deserved something better.  Can't say I am a huge Sam Champion fan, but he talks way too much and tries to take the spotlight.  I do like Jennifer Delgado, so it'll be interesting to see her, along with Cantore on the program. 

Offline alex979

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2015, 08:10:01 PM »
Mike and Maria sad goodbye to AMHQ today. I know they'll still be around, but it was kind of sad.

http://www.weather.com/tv/shows/amhq/video/farewell-maria-and-mike

Maria's new show doesn't start until February 14th.

Offline alex979

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 25, 2015, 10:42:42 AM »
It will be very interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Given what's about to go down in the northeast, they picked the perfect day for the debut of the new cast, since they'll certainly get a huge audience. Normally, I think Jim and Sam would be sent out in the field to cover the storm, but I wonder if they'll stay in studio for this one since it's the first day of the new AMHQ.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2015, 04:54:34 PM »
It will be very interesting to see what happens tomorrow. Given what's about to go down in the northeast, they picked the perfect day for the debut of the new cast, since they'll certainly get a huge audience. Normally, I think Jim and Sam would be sent out in the field to cover the storm, but I wonder if they'll stay in studio for this one since it's the first day of the new AMHQ.
Nope:  https://twitter.com/TWCChrisWarren/status/559455940676943872

TV Guide and Zap2it still has WCL next weekend. I'm guessing AMHQ would start at 5AM ET?