March 28, 2024, 05:23:15 AM

Author Topic: New Graphics coming to TWC  (Read 260478 times)

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: New Graphics coming to TWC
« Reply #465 on: November 12, 2013, 09:56:11 AM »
Okay, now that I'm home, I can say that the national feed doesn't look too bad either.

And Martin, you might want to tell the folks at TWC that the DirecTV's IntelliStar (and probably DISH's IntelliStar as well) are displaying the IS-generated clock on the LDL, when I don't think they're supposed to be. The one for DirecTV is stuck on pacific time and I'm sure the one on DISH is stuck on mountain time, and it's being overlayed atop the national clock that cycles through the timezones properly.

There's nothing wrong with the clock on DISH
Is it cycling through the timezones properly or is it stuck on mountain time? :unsure:
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #466 on: November 12, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »
Okay, now that I'm home, I can say that the national feed doesn't look too bad either.

And Martin, you might want to tell the folks at TWC that the DirecTV's IntelliStar (and probably DISH's IntelliStar as well) are displaying the IS-generated clock on the LDL, when I don't think they're supposed to be. The one for DirecTV is stuck on pacific time and I'm sure the one on DISH is stuck on mountain time, and it's being overlayed atop the national clock that cycles through the timezones properly.

Is it cycling through the timezones properly or is it stuck on mountain time? :unsure:
It never was stuck and I've been watching since WCL!

Still WUWA at 9AM CT Darn!

Offline Zach

• TV Tuner Enthusiast℠
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 12, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »

Hmm that's weird. I'd imagine that the DISH STAR would be doing the same thing as the DirecTV STAR. Wonder why DirecTV managed to sneak in the update then.
I've gone off on a journey to be a moderator at another forum, but this place will forever remain home for me~

Offline ruhgster

• First Name: Ryan
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #468 on: November 12, 2013, 10:08:45 AM »

Hmm that's weird. I'd imagine that the DISH STAR would be doing the same thing as the DirecTV STAR. Wonder why DirecTV managed to sneak in the update then.
I concur, didn't see any issues on DISH with the clock.  Possibly either the DirecTV STAR only has this issue and needs to be rebooted, or DISH may not even be running a star and it's just the raw national feed.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:10:46 AM by ruhgster »

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 12, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »
This is real quick, but it looks like Cox is not letter-boxing SD either.  We just don't get the right side bar on SD.  Also, Jim Cantore's narrations are still on the HD Star (are we still calling it the IS2?).  Not sure about SD.  Was trying to flip back and forth, but the locals go too fast!!

Offline SamRichardson92

• Sam R
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 427
  • SD Channel #: 06
« Reply #470 on: November 12, 2013, 10:14:39 AM »
Does anyone have a way of setting up a stream? My cable is out.. .-. what great timing

Offline GEAUXmedic

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
« Reply #471 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:53 AM »
This is real quick, but it looks like Cox is not letter-boxing SD either.  We just don't get the right side bar on SD.  Also, Jim Cantore's narrations are still on the HD Star (are we still calling it the IS2?).  Not sure about SD.  Was trying to flip back and forth, but the locals go too fast!!

sadly no narration on SD

Offline micvachon

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 528
  • SD Channel #: 28
« Reply #472 on: November 12, 2013, 10:28:57 AM »
Although I love the new look, it's light and modern and refreshing... I feel like LOT8's are rushed and less informative. For example, they don't detail tomorrow's forecast... just today and tonight and there's no hourly forecast for the day which I thought we were going to have from the videos I saw previewing the new look before. I wonder if those will be added or if this is it. I do like the new look overall tho... hope the background changes from the desert look lol. I live far from a desert.  :P

Offline stormymikala

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #473 on: November 12, 2013, 10:31:24 AM »
I'm enjoying the new changes. The new at the studio graphics are easy to read. :clap: The Fort Myers area has the hourly forecast on the local on the 8s. Fort Myers funny saying we won't tell that you called in sick :rofl2:

Offline SamRichardson92

• Sam R
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 427
  • SD Channel #: 06
« Reply #474 on: November 12, 2013, 10:36:58 AM »
I wish I could see this lol.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #475 on: November 12, 2013, 10:37:22 AM »
Although I love the new look, it's light and modern and refreshing... I feel like LOT8's are rushed and less informative. For example, they don't detail tomorrow's forecast... just today and tonight and there's no hourly forecast for the day which I thought we were going to have from the videos I saw previewing the new look before. I wonder if those will be added or if this is it. I do like the new look overall tho... hope the background changes from the desert look lol. I live far from a desert.  :P

It'll probably be there soon, I have it on my LF.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:42:49 AM by toxictwister00 »

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline ap215

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 12, 2013, 10:47:58 AM »
My thoughts on the changes it's definitely fast paced i love the addition of the cities next to the radar map plus the jokes near the time clock absolutely funny although i will miss the narrations that to me was the staple of TWC for many years love the colors on the radar weather bar graph perfect & it looks like the vocals have been pushed to the end segments after each story or forecast overall a solid A for me good job WC crew.

Offline micvachon

• View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 528
  • SD Channel #: 28
« Reply #477 on: November 12, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »

It'll probably be there soon, I have it on my LF.

I have the "Hello" screen, current conditions, local and regional radar screens, today's forecast in detail, tonight's forecast in detail, 7 day forecast and a summary screen. And it seems its perfectly times with everything because as soon as it ends it goes right to where it needs to... not a few seconds of satellite feed... i am hoping i get the hourly tho!

Does anyone have anything else that I didn't mention?

Offline brandonmahaffey85

• Avid Weather Channel Watcher
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 441
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22826
  • WxScan Ch. #: 17
« Reply #478 on: November 12, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »
My thoughts on the changes it's definitely fast paced i love the addition of the cities next to the radar map plus the jokes near the time clock absolutely funny although i will miss the narrations that to me was the staple of TWC for many years love the colors on the radar weather bar graph perfect & it looks like the vocals have been pushed to the end segments after each story or forecast overall a solid A for me good job WC crew.

I seen on the TWC facebook page someone posted that they didn't like the new locals because of no vocals. TWC replied back and said "Vocals will be back! They are working on them to make them more informative and to read more weather to the viewer."
Brandon Mahaffey

Offline Geoffrey

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 26785
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #479 on: November 12, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
I'm pretty impressed by the new graphics. Very clean and modern.

Verizon FiOS on Long Island is not letterboxing the SD feed. I was hoping they would.

I'm not a huge fan of the Local on the 8s music... It's too bland and repetitive and easy to get tired of if you watch for a half hour or so. And I don't like the "welcome" text at the beginning... Here's a sample:

New York City, you did something to your hair, right?
New York City, we're from the future. (Not really, but we can predict it.)
New York City, now you can break the ice.
New York City, by the way, how'd that meeting go?
New York City, forget pork bellies, we've got weather futures.
New York City, we got you.
New York City, that's a great color on you.
New York City, we're going to make you an offer you can't refuse.

On the bottom of the screen, I keep getting forecasts for New York City and Hartsdale (Westchester County). I'm on Long Island. I think I used to get the NYC and Islip forecasts, which made more sense.