April 20, 2024, 10:54:23 AM

Author Topic: New Graphics coming to TWC  (Read 267644 times)

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Re: New Graphics coming to TWC
« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2013, 06:48:20 PM »
Ok I thought so. I only asked because I seen the video wall and the desk was in a different position.

Yeah, the center desk rotates 360 degrees, and it used to change position for different shows back in 2008 when the HD studio first launched.  For example, I think YWT and EE faced the video wall, PME and WV faced the former cityscape backdrop, and FO faced the map where the small desk is.  I haven't been paying attention much recently, but I don't think they do that anymore.

I'm really curious to see what this new "set" is going to be all about.  They seem to be making a lot of changes to the HD studio lately - it's (only) five years old, so I'm not really sure if these changes are necessary or not.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: CableOne
  • HD Channel #: 1333
  • HD WxStar ID #: Unknown
  • SD Channel #: 333
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
I'm hearing that the new changes (along with the set) are to debut the 11th or 12th.

On his facebook page in response to a fan, Mike Bettes said the changes will take place on the 12th. He also said that some, but not all shows will be renamed on that day.

That would be a huge change. I hope they bring back Evening Edition and PM Edition along with abolishing the 2pm-5pm Long-form block. This relaunch is going to be bigger than 2003, 2005 and 2008. Can't wait!

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2013, 07:37:23 PM »
For the people expecting a change in programming, don't.
The fact they just started airing new shows and new seasons of shows that are not about weather tells you that.

Unless there has been a direct quote saying otherwise,
All they are doing is changing to new graphics, having weather information on the screen 24/7, remodeling the studio and renaming some of the shows.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:33:37 PM by IceManNYR »

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2013, 08:25:27 PM »
For the people expecting a change in programming, don't.
The fact they just started airing new shows and new seasons of shows that are not about weather tells you that.

I would expect reruns of the new shows to take the place of the current longform blocks.

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
That would be a huge change. I hope they bring back Evening Edition and PM Edition along with abolishing the 2pm-5pm Long-form block. This relaunch is going to be bigger than 2003, 2005 and 2008. Can't wait!
I seriously hope your joking. I wouldn't expect any changes in the amount of long form (or at least any cutting back of it).

I'm liking the simplicity of the new studio so far.

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »
I seriously hope your joking. I wouldn't expect any changes in the amount of long form (or at least any cutting back of it).

I'm liking the simplicity of the new studio so far.

All I see in that image is the deconstruction of the old desk-nothing "new" so far. And the video wall border lacking color, which would make sense if it's off.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2013, 10:41:51 PM »
They're probably working overtime to have it completely renovated in two weeks... :o

Seems like they would have started dismantling the studio a few weeks earlier to give them some leeway in case of any last minute delays before mid November. However, I guess they only need a couple of weeks to renovate a studio, even one that massive.

I was very skeptical about this relaunch, up until this past week I assumed the only new thing coming was on-air. I was not expecting them to take it a step further and make changes to the live programming shows/studio. Definitely looks to be a bigger deal than 2008. :yes: That launch was a little underwhelming looking back on it now.

I'm really curious to see what this new "set" is going to be all about.  They seem to be making a lot of changes to the HD studio lately - it's (only) five years old, so I'm not really sure if these changes are necessary or not.

I don't think so Andy, even on a local level here there have been multiple HD relaunches with our local news affiliates. Our NBC station has had about 3 studio renovations since 2006, the last one earlier this year being the most radical change.

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline Jake

• Jake
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #172 on: October 29, 2013, 04:13:32 AM »
Looking ahead at the schedule change. According to zap2it.com; On November 11th. Weather Center LIVE is from 5p-8p, and long-form is scheduled to run 8pm EDT to 4am EDT with First Forecast.

Offline jrhtwc

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 9348
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #173 on: October 29, 2013, 06:08:37 AM »
Looking ahead at the schedule change. According to zap2it.com; On November 11th. Weather Center LIVE is from 5p-8p, and long-form is scheduled to run 8pm EDT to 4am EDT with First Forecast.
Where are you seeing this? Looking at it right now and it only goes to 3AM on the 11th.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #174 on: October 29, 2013, 08:02:23 AM »
Xfinity X1 Guide for 11/11

5pm - 8pm: Weather Center Live
8pm - 11pm: Highway Thru Hell
11pm: Prospectors

11/12

12am: Prospectors Behind the Scenes
12:30am: Prospectors
1:30am - 4am: Strangest Weather On Earth
4am: First Forecast

Offline ruhgster

• First Name: Ryan
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #175 on: October 29, 2013, 08:20:29 AM »
Sad to say, I would not be at all surprised if "weather all the time", will be seen by TWC as justification to increase the amount of long form programming, if anything.  If the above schedules are right, this may be exactly what is happening.

On the other hand, maybe the above schedule is only Monday night, no studio programming to allow them to make the final changes in the evening and overnight before Tuesday morning.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 08:23:19 AM by ruhgster »

Offline mightynine

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 29, 2013, 08:52:00 AM »
Sad to say, I would not be at all surprised if "weather all the time", will be seen by TWC as justification to increase the amount of long form programming, if anything.  If the above schedules are right, this may be exactly what is happening.

On the other hand, maybe the above schedule is only Monday night, no studio programming to allow them to make the final changes in the evening and overnight before Tuesday morning.

Tuesday has longform starting at 8/7C and lasting through 2a/1a (that's as far as the TV Guide listings go).

Offline Tim198

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2013, 08:59:41 AM »

Tuesday has longform starting at 8/7C and lasting through 2a/1a (that's as far as the TV Guide listings go).

This looks to be a permanent change. The Coast Guard Alaska facebook page posted yesterday that the show will be airing at 10pm starting November 18th. So it seems likely that live programming will end for the day at 8PM ET.

Offline ruhgster

• First Name: Ryan
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: n/a
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2013, 09:14:23 AM »
Also looks like the weekend of November 9-10 has all longform scheduled from 2 to 10 pm ET both days.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2013, 09:37:07 AM »
I have to agree... keeping weather information on the screen all the time is likely TWC's way of increasing longform programming while still "providing" round-the-clock weather information.  Studio weather programming is likely to keep decreasing until it's but a small minority of programming on the channel... and it will eventually disappear altogether.