April 28, 2024, 06:17:23 AM

Author Topic: New Graphics coming to TWC  (Read 268300 times)

Offline Steve-O

• Diggin' storms since 1982
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Time Warner
  • HD Channel #: 1823
  • SD Channel #: 23
  • SD WxStar ID #: 24778
  • WxScan Ch. #: n/a
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: New Graphics coming to TWC
« Reply #870 on: January 05, 2014, 11:54:42 PM »
I don't remember the music used during Katrina. Was the music as intense as the storm coverage song they are using since the graphics change?

After hearing the current storm alert theme in Victor's earlier post, I think it's really weak and lacking depth.  I don't hear a lot of true panic and urgency.  I linked a video here that someone recorded of the storm alert music that debuted during Katrina just before his area was actually hit.  The forecast speaks for itself.  You can see what was done in 2005 to compare to today's graphics, and the song is entitled "Eye of the Storm" by Stephen Arnold Music.  In my opinion, this song began the whole phenomena of "Storm Alert" to where even the general public recognize it today.

Clip 4 of Hurricane Katrina local forecast 8/28/05 7:08pm

That forecast is insane! 

Offline Travis(:

• View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 214
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #871 on: January 11, 2014, 07:23:08 AM »
The Storm Alert theme sounds like its from a team rocket hideout in a game boy game.

Offline Coldwinter

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22420
« Reply #872 on: February 03, 2014, 08:14:17 AM »
 :cry: IntelliStar has the popular music again. I liked those 2 songs even though people possibly hated hearing them for 3 months.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #873 on: February 03, 2014, 09:53:13 AM »
I preferred hearing the same two (or three) songs on the local forecasts instead of the vocal music.  I'm simply not a fan of the current popular styles, and hearing the song's lyrics competing with the forecast being read is very annoying.  To me, it's just another attempt by The Weather Channel to attract audiences by pretending to be a top 40 radio station.  And just think of the money they could save if they weren't paying those royalties...!

Offline weatherfan_2013

• TWC Fan 2005 - 2012
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #874 on: February 03, 2014, 02:49:55 PM »
I preferred hearing the same two (or three) songs on the local forecasts instead of the vocal music.  I'm simply not a fan of the current popular styles, and hearing the song's lyrics competing with the forecast being read is very annoying.  To me, it's just another attempt by The Weather Channel to attract audiences by pretending to be a top 40 radio station.  And just think of the money they could save if they weren't paying those royalties...!
Actually the music played is not the top 40. There playing Adult Alternative. Plus out of the past 2 years I have only heard about 1-2 twc vocal songs on the hit radio station. Since I'm in High School I know no one really knows these twc vocal artists. Maybe one here and there. Trust me if twc played top 40 vocal songs so many people would be angry cause of all the trash in the music. Twc would need to be updated to a TV-MA channel. Although we all miss the Jazz days, we got weather nation. Jazz music 24/7. Hopefully comcast will pick it up. Think of it now as 2 weather channels, choose your music preference. Plus Roku carries weather nation. Although advertisments interrupt your forecast every 10 min or so.

Offline Coldwinter

• View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 16
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22420
« Reply #875 on: February 21, 2014, 08:12:23 AM »
I just saw 'Pittsburgh, this is your weather' on the IntelliStar's welcome screen during LOT8s. :D

Offline IceManNYR

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27030
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #876 on: March 17, 2014, 02:20:35 AM »
The LOT8s is using a St. Patrick's Day theme. Instead of the Welcome, the national LF started with the phrase "It's quite easy being green.".

Offline yourweathertoday

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
  • HD Channel #: N/A
  • HD WxStar ID #: -
  • SD Channel #: N/A
  • SD WxStar ID #: -
  • WxScan Ch. #: N/A
  • WxScan ID #: N/A
« Reply #877 on: March 17, 2014, 07:01:40 AM »
AMHQ graphics package meshes nicely with the current set of graphics, but the gloss on the AMHQ logo and bug sticks out a bit too much. Not sure how I feel about their music package, either. Either it's production music, or they dropped the branded chime already.  :itsok:

Offline WeatherSTAR

• Certified Cabbl Dealer™
  • Weatherscan Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Triple C TWC YouTube
  • HD Channel #: 1101
  • SD Channel #: 8
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22941
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #878 on: March 29, 2014, 07:50:08 PM »
Actually the music played is not the top 40. There playing Adult Alternative. Plus out of the past 2 years I have only heard about 1-2 twc vocal songs on the hit radio station. Since I'm in High School I know no one really knows these twc vocal artists. Maybe one here and there. Trust me if twc played top 40 vocal songs so many people would be angry cause of all the trash in the music. Twc would need to be updated to a TV-MA channel. Although we all miss the Jazz days, we got weather nation. Jazz music 24/7. Hopefully comcast will pick it up. Think of it now as 2 weather channels, choose your music preference. Plus Roku carries weather nation. Although advertisments interrupt your forecast every 10 min or so.
I hope Comcast picks it up as well. We all can hope.  :whistling:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #879 on: March 29, 2014, 10:35:56 PM »
Comcast won't pick it up in your dreams. Comcast owns NBC which owns TWC, they never would let competition take over one of their prime networks.

Offline WeatherSTAR

• Certified Cabbl Dealer™
    • View Profile
    • Triple C TWC YouTube
  • HD Channel #: 1101
  • SD Channel #: 8
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22941
  • WxScan Ch. #: 101
« Reply #880 on: March 30, 2014, 03:12:30 PM »
Comcast won't pick it up in your dreams. Comcast owns NBC which owns TWC, they never would let competition take over one of their prime networks.
Aw, man! Stupid NBC  :thumbdown:

Offline Someone

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: AT&T U-Verse
  • HD Channel #: 1225
  • SD Channel #: 225
« Reply #881 on: April 15, 2014, 10:41:20 PM »
I wish they would use these maps:

Instead of the bland white ones:

I don't remember space being light blue.  :thinking: Oh well, I guess they're used to match the new graphics. Still prefer the other ones.

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 18, 2014, 02:13:00 AM »
Is it me, or do the OCMs sound like they are shouting on air now to the point it's almost ear raping? You can even hear the echo in the studio. :blink:

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #883 on: April 19, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
Is it me, or do the OCMs sound like they are shouting on air now to the point it's almost ear raping? You can even hear the echo in the studio. :blink:

the show music playing during the forecast segments doesn't help out either  :(

Offline Spring Rubber

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #884 on: April 27, 2014, 07:28:49 AM »
Is this brand new as of today?

EDIT: Looks like they used it back during winter weather coverage. I really have no idea what happens at TWC anymore.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 07:31:31 AM by Spring Rubber »
<SpringRubber>   my gummy bears are hard
<SpringRubber>   :(
<SpringRubber>   PONY!
<kitty0723>    ADHD much?