3 (18.8%)
Weather Center
2 (12.5%)
Weekend View
5 (31.3%)
Weekend Now
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Least Favorite Shows  (Read 5335 times)

Offline wxntrafficfan

• The official "In front of the scenes" STAR Insider
  • Ultimate Member
  • I decide what I wear; the weather does not
    • View Profile
    • My youtube channel
  • HD Channel #: 245
  • SD Channel #: 36
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22840
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Least Favorite Shows
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 10:07:30 PM »
On the contrary, I dislike Weather Center the worst. It wasn't right to brand the evening/late-night shows into one. The graphics package is as cheap as cheap can be. They just recycled the first 10 seconds of the A&B theme. They also took away EE, my favorite show of June 2008-March 2009. Cantore moved to YWT, and I think EE had the best graphics/music package of the 2008 relaunch. There is no special feeling to Weather Center. Don't forget about the Blue Bar of Doom. I couldn't get into the Twitter segment.

The other programs I could give or take, but I have more complaint about Weather Center.
I will have to agree with that. I liked the A&B intro the most, but the EE intro was pretty good. I would rather see the 2002 EE intro back, and see overnight outlook brought back but that's just me. Anyway, there must have been some reason as to why TWC branded all the segments in one.......  :thinking:
TWC in...
Lansing: Comcast, Channel 36, STAR ID 22840
E. Lansing: Comcast, Channel 40, STAR ID 22842
Lansing Area: Broadstripe, Channel 40, STAR ID 25349
Current STAR count: 32. Be sure to see my channel for links to all the uploads!

"Until you have lived with all of them in there with you day after day, week after week, year after frikkin year... you are in no position to judge me!" -Debra Barone, Everybody Loves Raymond

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »
On the contrary, I dislike Weather Center the worst. It wasn't right to brand the evening/late-night shows into one. The graphics package is as cheap as cheap can be. They just recycled the first 10 seconds of the A&B theme. They also took away EE, my favorite show of June 2008-March 2009. Cantore moved to YWT, and I think EE had the best graphics/music package of the 2008 relaunch. There is no special feeling to Weather Center. Don't forget about the Blue Bar of Doom. I couldn't get into the Twitter segment.

The other programs I could give or take, but I have more complaint about Weather Center.
I will have to agree with that. I liked the A&B intro the most, but the EE intro was pretty good. I would rather see the 2002 EE intro back, and see overnight outlook brought back but that's just me. Anyway, there must have been some reason as to why TWC branded all the segments in one.......  :thinking:
New management, and they wanted to compete with SportsCenter... Thus they merged the segments and hours into Weather Center.

Offline ABC7

• Haven't watched TWC in 6 mos.!
  • Puddi Puddi!
    • View Profile
  • HD Channel #: 776
  • SD Channel #: 61
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27669
  • WxStar Version: Junior
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 01:46:07 AM »
I don't see how SportsCenter and Weather Center could compete. They are totally unrelated, and ESPN is a much higher-rated network, so catching up is nearly hopeless.

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 01:47:03 PM »
I would have to say Your Weather Today.  It's not that I HATE it, it's just that it really isn't enjoyable to wach anymore.

As for Weekend View, I really like Kelly and Betty together.  It is definitely more weather oriented, and much better than what the show was originally intended to be.  Sure, it'd be better to have Bill on, but I enjoy WV.
1. Agreed. 2000-2008 were the best year of YWT. :yes:

2. I don't really enjoy that pairing and the show so much. Never like the show, never will like that pairing either.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2009, 04:46:48 PM »