Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > Programming and Graphics

Anyone want more live programming?

(1/3) > >>

Jaden:
I was looking through videos on YouTube and it occurred to me when I saw the video in 2009 when they had live programming through 10:00PM EST. It really stood out to me what the live schedule is compared to now.
They only go through 8:00PM EST. This week they haven't even had cut ins every :30 which I also think is another idea I disagree with. I think it tends to get annoying seeing the updates every :30 minutes because they seem as if they are rushing and they only spend like 5 seconds on each graphic. But that's not where there's a large issue.
The Weekends seem to have more long form programming than live programming. Back in 2014 or early 2015 TWC cut the weekend hours from ending at 2:00 EST to 12:00 EST and Weather Geeks is not live programming if there is any busy weather. But... Its not fun when you are in a certain time zone that is later than others. Refer to the Time Zone Lable Below:
Longform Start time ----

Eastern: 12:00 PM
Central: 11:00 AM
Mountain 10:00 AM
Pacific: 9:00 AM
Hawaiian Time: 6:00 AM

Yeah, not fun for some people especially if they are not waking up early. I saw TWC Programming with a few polls on shows for weekends they could do such as, Extended WCL, WUTV AM, West/East Coast Morning Show and 1 other I cannot remember. That was a few months ago and have not seen any plans about it. But I'd like to see more Live Programming. Anyone agree with me? Or am I just alone?

TWCC_DJK5555:

--- Quote from: TWCJaden on November 04, 2016, 05:59:27 PM ---But I'd like to see more Live Programming. Anyone agree with me? Or am I just alone?

--- End quote ---

I'd estimate that 98% of all the members on this forum agree with you.

skian:
99%. I truly miss the old format. I can not stand any of their programming outside of live forecasting. Their outdated Canadian reality shows are an insult. It just comes down to money - less payroll more income to the executives.

Weatheronthe8s:
Yeah, I prefer live programming over this longform too, if it were live 24/7 I'd be happy.

RSully94:
Remember when they said they would increase the live hours in 2016? That was obviously complete BS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version