Present - The Weather Channel 2000 > Programming and Graphics

23.5 Degrees with Sam Champion

(1/4) > >>

alex979:
Sam Champion's new evening show now has a name: 23.5 Degrees. It's a reference to the angle of the tilt of the Earth. The show will debut in Feburary, but a timeslot is not yet known. It will be shot in both NYC and Atlanta, featuring multiple interviews that are each 10-15 minutes long. Also mentioned in the article: more on his week back at GMA, and some more about AMHQ.

http://nypost.com/2016/01/13/sam-champions-exclusive-peek-at-new-weather-channel-show/

cc17926:
I got two bulletin announcements today about a schedule change..

@TWCProgramming: RT @TWCenter1: Starting Monday 2/29 #WUTV is going to be on from 6-8p as well as our new block 10p-Midnight!

@TWCProgramming: PROGRAMMING NOTE: Starting Monday 2/29, #WUTV will be 6-8pm and 10pm-12amET because of our brand new show, @23pt5, debuting the same day!

Adrian:

--- Quote from: cc17926 on February 18, 2016, 12:37:56 PM ---I got two bulletin announcements today about a schedule change..

@TWCProgramming: RT @TWCenter1: Starting Monday 2/29 #WUTV is going to be on from 6-8p as well as our new block 10p-Midnight!

@TWCProgramming: PROGRAMMING NOTE: Starting Monday 2/29, #WUTV will be 6-8pm and 10pm-12amET because of our brand new show, @23pt5, debuting the same day!

--- End quote ---
That's great news! Let the restoration of live weather hours begin!

cc17926:

--- Quote from: Adrian on February 18, 2016, 02:40:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: cc17926 on February 18, 2016, 12:37:56 PM ---I got two bulletin announcements today about a schedule change..

--- End quote ---
That's great news! Let the restoration of live weather hours begin!

--- End quote ---

My concern is them re-playing WUTV at 10pm-12am. I am not sure how that would work as the program does include live radar segments. One thought is they would pull a WUWA, and chop the 6-8pm weather update segments (normally with Alexandra) for a late update by someone (like Nick Walker).

alex979:
This is good news. WUTV is really the best thing they've got going for them right now, and while I'd rather see it be a 3 hour show, a replay of it is better than longform.

But, there will be two hours to fill in between (8-10 ET). 23.5 is once a week, and I'm pretty sure it's just one hour. So, I'm thinking there will be still be some longform, unless they do a live hour of WCL or something.

--- Quote from: Adrian on February 18, 2016, 02:40:30 PM ---My concern is them re-playing WUTV at 10pm-12am. I am not sure how that would work as the program does include live radar segments. One thought is they would pull a WUWA, and chop the 6-8pm weather update segments (normally with Alexandra) for a late update by someone (like Nick Walker).

--- End quote ---

That's exactly what I was thinking. Wilson won't stay around until midnight, so they'll probably have Keith or Nick do some live updates. I'm not crazy about that idea, though... I feel like it might screw up the banter/pacing on the show and make it kind of awkward and disjointed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version