May 13, 2024, 11:58:27 PM

Author Topic: "Flick > Forecast"  (Read 24245 times)

Offline tpirfan28

• Ultimate Member
  • Site Designer Extraordinare!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 270
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: "Flick > Forecast"
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2010, 07:35:21 PM »
Even CNBC is going to show movies on friday nights, although this just seems for the summer:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/37218663/COMING_THIS_SUMMER_CNBC_PRESENTS_CNBC_CINEMA
Zero comparison.  CNBC only programs new programming from 5AM-8PM, then airing either new or repeated documentaries or NBC programs.  They don't have content to cover outside of that point, especially on a Friday night (no market is open on Saturday).

CNBC is also very preemptive happy - when the "flash crash" happened, they added international programming almost instantly for that night.

Offline crp88

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2010, 12:37:17 AM »
I really wasn't making a comparison there, sorry if you interpreted it that way. Damn internet and all. Just passing along some news.

See you later sweetie.  :biggrin: :biggrin: I

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2010, 02:07:25 AM »
I never liked "Flick and a Forecast". I just wish The Weather Channel would actually report the weather continously like they used to instead of playing the same episodes of Storm Stories and When Weather Changed History hours a day.

I'm being optimistic, but if this hurricane season turns out to be anything close to active as 2005 or 2004 like I believe it will be, we might see a lot of that put on the back burner. I'm hoping we'll get that side of TWC back, they were always at their best doing hurricane coverage.
I am ready for a storm alert!

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »
Next Scheduled movie for F > F is Riding Giants

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389326/

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2010, 04:25:18 PM »
Yep, Zap2it confirms. Looks like the movies are back, folks.  <_<
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2010, 10:43:10 PM »
Next Scheduled movie for F > F is Riding Giants

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389326/

I actually really liked that movie!!

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2010, 09:58:22 AM »
I never liked "Flick and a Forecast". I just wish The Weather Channel would actually report the weather continously like they used to instead of playing the same episodes of Storm Stories and When Weather Changed History hours a day.

I'm being optimistic, but if this hurricane season turns out to be anything close to active as 2005 or 2004 like I believe it will be, we might see a lot of that put on the back burner. I'm hoping we'll get that side of TWC back, they were always at their best doing hurricane coverage.

Flick and a Forecast is the ultimate Jump the Shark Moment for TWC. I just read on AOL that a lot of people, including Jim Cantore, are upset about TWC seemingly concerned about entertainment nowadays.  Dish Network treatened to remove TWC from their programming because actual weather has become an afterthought. I wonder if Gilligan's Island is going to show on TWC next, since it is "weather-related", though that would be kind of fun  :P.  I sure hope not, but it would not shock me to see TWC continue to air F&F on Friday, while a hurricane or tropical storm is affecting the US.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #97 on: June 02, 2010, 10:05:59 AM »

Flick and a Forecast is the ultimate Jump the Shark Moment for TWC. I just read on AOL that a lot of people, including Jim Cantore, are upset about TWC seemingly concerned about entertainment nowadays.  Dish Network treatened to remove TWC from their programming because actual weather has become an afterthought. I wonder if Gilligan's Island is going to show on TWC next, since it is "weather-related", though that would be kind of fun  :P.  I sure hope not, but it would not shock me to see TWC continue to air F&F on Friday, while a hurricane or tropical storm is affecting the US.
Hurricane coverage trumps all... It's the best time for TWC to get and brag their big multimillion viewer ratings, upwards of almost 56 million people tuned in at one point or another, not necessarily all at the same time...

Offline CartoonJazzLover

• Ultimate Member
  • Former TWC Fan (2003-2011)
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Charter
  • SD Channel #: 52
« Reply #98 on: June 02, 2010, 12:12:54 PM »
Agreed. I never watch it at all nor I'm never plan to. :thumbdown: This has nothing to do with weather.

Movies and news craplines (prefer it on news channels) on weather channel= :thumbdown: :hammer: :club:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2010, 06:33:27 AM »
Once again, there's no FAAF on my schedule for tomorrow; it shows back to back Storm Stories and Storm Riders from 9pm-1am. On next Friday for hurricane week, there's various programming that night with WC during the 10pm and 1am hour.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:35:20 AM by Mike M »

Offline cc17926

• Administrator
  • TWC Today Curator
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: XL
« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2010, 07:33:11 AM »
you know.. this brings to mind why networks like BBC America are showing stuff like Star Trek: TNG, simply because of Patrick Stewart. its like .. w-t-f mate? More Doctor Who, less Star Trek (even though i like star trek, just not on BBCA)

my two cents :)

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2010, 12:40:45 PM »
looks like twc pulled "Riding Giants" and now it looks like a block of storm stories and storm riders 9pm -1am for this Friday and hurricane long form next Friday 8pm to 10pm and repeating 11pm to 1am

Offline Spring Rubber

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • HD Channel #: 362
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »
Well, this is a very interesting decision. Did TWC decide that sticking with weather-related long form is better than the movies?

Honestly, it doesn't matter very much since it doesn't help anyone get the weather information they need during severe weather; it seems like it's just a show to the media like, "Gee look, we heard you complaining about how our movies are barely related to weather, so we put up repeats of long form that we've shown a million times before, but it sure looks better for us since it's related to weather!"
<SpringRubber>   my gummy bears are hard
<SpringRubber>   :(
<SpringRubber>   PONY!
<kitty0723>    ADHD much?

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2010, 06:16:40 PM »
Well, this is a very interesting decision. Did TWC decide that sticking with weather-related long form is better than the movies?

Honestly, it doesn't matter very much since it doesn't help anyone get the weather information they need during severe weather; it seems like it's just a show to the media like, "Gee look, we heard you complaining about how our movies are barely related to weather, so we put up repeats of long form that we've shown a million times before, but it sure looks better for us since it's related to weather!"

:blink: That's peculiar........

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook