March 29, 2024, 02:32:08 AM

Author Topic: Cheryl Lemke  (Read 17830 times)

Offline Logica

• Wrong Number
  • c:
    • View Profile
Re: Cheryl Lemke
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2008, 06:20:23 PM »
She's Seen often in Weekend Evenings.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 10:43:58 PM »
Sorry for bringing this topic back to live after a year (and a day) of not being touched.  But, I often look at talent on medialine.com (don't as why..bc your answer is just as good as mine :P )  and it seems as though Cheryl Lemke wants to move forward with her weather career :D  http://medialine.com/talentshop_demo.htm?page=2&resumeid=4707

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 10:56:38 PM »
I applaud her for not letting her getting let go from TWC get her down.  :clap:

Offline kman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2009, 12:57:09 AM »
I applaud her for not letting her getting let go from TWC get her down.  :clap:

I agree.

Cheryl was never one of my favorites. She suffered from poor timeslots and lack of chemistry with her co-anchors. Part of the problem is that for the last five years (at least), she's been primarily a fill-in, rarely working with the same person two days in a row.

Also - she worked with Stokes as his regular fill-in co-host for years. Whenever Barrington, Andrews, Lopez, or whoever else was a regular with Bob was off, she was with him. Then, suddenly, she's banished to probably the worst time slot on the network - weekend overnights. As soon as they fired Bob and Hillary's claims were given credibility, boom, she's back on her old morning/midday fill in shifts.

Speculation over at Medialine is that the Dave/Cheryl/Eboni bloodletting was actually a severance package - voluntary buy out deal. TWC was looking to cutback and offered a deal to anyone who would volunteer. Eboni is still early in her career and may be looking for a better gig at a local station. Dave had a cancer scare and still didn't look 100%, he may want some time off. And Cheryl's been bounced around at TWC for so long she probably saw the writing on the wall. If this was a voluntary buyout, that would explain why they stayed on air for two weeks after the layoff was announced.

If Cheryl took the buyout because she saw the writing on the wall - it was the right move. If she was still around, she would certainly have been in the group let go this week.

It looks like she started at TWC when she was about 25. Wow. She's been there for 22 years and is still under 50. She has the personality to be a great, local market, morning news meteorologist. Perky and pleasant - just the personality many stations are looking for to cover that morning bit. And while some have described her presentation was robotic - it was mostly due to misplaced inflection. But watching her airchecks on medialine - she's solid.

Here in Seattle one of our stations hired this really attractive, late 20, blond bombshell to be the chief meteorologist. She looks great. She always has. She'd been on the local cable news channel and did back up work at one of the other stations. But when I first saw her nearly 7 years ago, I thought her presentation sucked. I saw her last night. It still does. She's not even in the same ballpark as the three other main mets in town. She's not even as good as the guy she replaced. If you can't get through your presentation without pausing to think about what you're going to say about the map that just popped up, you're not doing it right. You've got to know whats coming up and what you're going to talk about before it pops up.

Its the same problem with Sam Mohr. She looks good but she can't present. Being an OCM is hard - you have to be able to ad-lib and move from topic to topic flawlessly. Sam Mohr can't. Rebecca Stevenson (Seattle) can't. But Cheryl Lemke can. And in my book, that counts for a lot.

Offline jtmal0723

• Jesse T. Maloney
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan, 1998 - present
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 01:07:38 AM »
Well said, kman  :clap:

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 08:02:55 PM »
Sorry for bringing this topic back to live after a year (and a day) of not being touched.  But, I often look at talent on medialine.com (don't as why..bc your answer is just as good as mine :P )  and it seems as though Cheryl Lemke wants to move forward with her weather career :D  http://medialine.com/talentshop_demo.htm?page=2&resumeid=4707
I also came across her website: http://cheryllemke.com/

It shows a brief explanation about her career, a resume, and video footage.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2009, 12:16:12 PM »
Does anyone know where Cheryl is working now? I can see from that site that she is probably an OCM still..but where is she an OCM at? It's a pity NBC booted her, she was my mom's fav OCM...and we've been watching her since 1998 (my mom since 1995).

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »
Per the link I posted, she's still job searching right now (unless that site is outdated).

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2009, 12:28:18 PM »
Per the link I posted, she's still job searching right now (unless that site is outdated).
Well there is no mention of her layoff in that site.

Offline Mike M

• Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2009, 12:32:07 PM »
There's a resume and contact information on that site, which is trying to get employers to consider hiring her. The information about her experience at TWC is also written in past tense, telling people that she no longer works there.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2009, 10:35:21 PM »
I've also seen her featured on "Medialine.com"... a site for people to post their resume and tapes.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2009, 10:43:12 PM »
I hope Cheryl gets something good this year. I really miss her tho.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »
So do I. I think she'd go great if she works at WBZ in Boston...maybe far but Mish works there.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2009, 11:55:31 PM »
So do I. I think she'd go great if she works at WBZ in Boston...maybe far but Mish works there.
Actually, I am pretty sure I read somewhere that either at the end of last month, or at the end of this month, Mish was leaving WBZ

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 11:19:40 AM »
Really? Why?