March 28, 2024, 02:47:25 PM

Author Topic: Alexandra Steele No Longer with TWC  (Read 248581 times)

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Alexandra Steele Let Go
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2011, 03:41:51 PM »
Yeah, I agree. TWC isn't the same with all the new replacements.  :thumbdown:
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »
According to Rich Johnson on his forums, Alex apparently wanted to go part time and NBC wouldn't allow that.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2011, 09:38:41 PM »
I wonder how Rich Johnson would know anything about this (unless all laid-off OCMs keep in contact with each other or something like that). :unsure:

Offline Localonthe8s

• XL Icon Lover
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Cablevision
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2011, 09:44:21 PM »
According to Rich Johnson on his forums, Alex apparently wanted to go part time and NBC wouldn't allow that.
And she got fired/laid off for that?!

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2011, 09:47:26 PM »
Why would that lead to a legal issue? If she wants to go part time she has the right to do that.

Offline Eric

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Other
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
I wonder how Rich Johnson would know anything about this (unless all laid-off OCMs keep in contact with each other or something like that). :unsure:

Why is that so hard to believe?  I'm still in contact with people I haven't seen since high school graduation more than a decade ago!

Offline Tyler

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Verizon FiOS
  • HD Channel #: 619
  • SD WxStar ID #: 27542
  • WxScan ID #: 27543
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2011, 10:24:56 PM »
Rich stays in contact with some of the OCMs, mainly Mike Sidel.

Why would that lead to a legal issue? If she wants to go part time she has the right to do that.
Not necessarily. Changing your availability in some professions is cause for termination, especially in the television industry.

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2011, 10:55:22 PM »
Tyler is correct.

I am thinking that Alexandra asked to go part-time and when NBC said no, Alexandra probably decided to leave, which would cause legal problems because she violated her contract.

Offline Al

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: SuddenLink
  • SD Channel #: 02
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22975
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2011, 11:58:07 PM »
I wonder why she wanted to step down.  :thinking:

but yes, indeed...what Kyle mentioned could very well be the legal issue that we had previously heard about.

edit: and if this is the case, then Alexandra was not "let go", this topic name may need to be changed.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 11:59:47 PM by Al »

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
Re: Alexandra Steele No Longer with TWC
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2011, 04:14:34 AM »
When you have a contract you don't have rights. You don't agree to paint a whole house then decide that you will just paint 50% of it.
Yes this is also what I was informed of. But my friend couldn't confirm it. As rich mentioned they are being particularly tight lipped on this one.

I imagine it went something like this. Alex wanted to go part time, TWC said no leading to a possible legal battle. You will note TWC employees were explicatively told not to take down her profiles while this was going on.  Leading me to believe TWC intended to make her stay. I would imagine they reached an agreement and settled out of court and Alex ended up getting the boot completely. That would be my best guess on the situation based on the information available.

but yes, indeed...what Kyle mentioned could very well be the legal issue that we had previously heard about.

edit: and if this is the case, then Alexandra was not "let go", this topic name may need to be changed.
Alex does has a family. I don't know the age of her child (children?) but I imagine she wants to spend more time with them. With her current schedule she only sees her kids up until around 2pm. If her kids are going to some sort of schooling that means she only sees them until around 8am each weekday. By the time Alex arrives home most likely they are sleeping. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:49:21 PM by Martin »

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2011, 04:13:27 PM »
When you have a contract you don't have rights. You don't agree to paint a whole house then decide that you will just paint 50% of it.
Yes this is also what I was informed of. But my friend couldn't confirm it. As rich mentioned they are being particularly tight lipped on this one.

I imagine it went something like this. Alex wanted to go part time, TWC said no leading to a possible legal battle. You will note TWC employees were explicatively told not to take down her profiles while this was going on.  Leading me to believe TWC intended to make her stay. I would imagine they reached an agreement and settled out of court and Alex ended up getting the boot completely. That would be my best guess on the situation based on the information available.

Alex does has a family. I don't know the age of her child (children?) but I imagine she wants to spend more time with them. With her current schedule she only sees her kids up until around 2pm. If her kids are going to some sort of schooling that means she only sees them until around 8am each weekday. By the time Alex arrives home most likely they are sleeping. Just a thought.

Let go seems to fit. She wanted to work less... TWC no and said bye bye. Some folks objected to the word fired and saying she left doesn't fit the information in my opinion

I understand completely what u are saying.
And if you want to know, Alexandra has a two year old daughter.

weatherlover94

« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2011, 04:24:05 PM »
I hope Alexandras husband has a good job. I hate that Alex got fired just because she wanted to go part time! :hammer:

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
I hope Alexandras husband has a good job. I hate that Alex got fired just because she wanted to go part time! :hammer:

Actually, he had his own business.
If you want to know how I know this, it's because of the Internet here.
Also, I hate the fact that that happened as well. TWC is just a bunch of crooked people, and that's a fact.

weatherlover94

« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2011, 07:08:52 PM »
Im glad he does....I wander who TWC will cut next? Hopefully no one  :yes:

Offline PAweatherman

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2011, 07:51:08 PM »
Im glad he does....I wander who TWC will cut next? Hopefully no one  :yes:

Nicole Mitchell  if i had to chose the next one to go.