March 28, 2024, 06:40:28 AM

Author Topic: Alexandra Steele No Longer with TWC  (Read 248324 times)

Offline wxmediafan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • SD Channel #: 57
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Re: Alexandra Steele Let Go
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2010, 09:45:41 AM »
You mean "wrongful termination"?  Yeah, companies can be held responsible.
There has to be a valid reason.
Technically, they do not have to give a valid reason for being let go :no:.

It's sad, but that's just the way it is.  Hopefully these laid off meteorologists find new work on-air somewhere else.

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
    • Thecoolwriter's Facebook
  • Cable Provider: DirecTV
  • SD Channel #: 362
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2010, 10:38:58 PM »
You mean "wrongful termination"?  Yeah, companies can be held responsible.
There has to be a valid reason.
Technically, they do not have to give a valid reason for being let go :no:.

It's sad, but that's just the way it is.  Hopefully these laid off meteorologists find new work on-air somewhere else.

Yeah, it's very sad. :yes:
But, they'll likely find some company that's willing to keep them and except them for who they are. :yes:

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 31, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »
I commented on your video. Nice work.

Thank you so much my friend, I really appreciate it.
I just wanted to do something to remember her by, since she was my favorite OCM.
I never did anything like this before, and I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:10:22 AM by Martin »

Offline Lightning

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • www.facebook.com/brian.mearsBMeezy
  • Cable Provider: Charter
« Reply #108 on: October 31, 2010, 06:28:24 PM »
I will admit, I am not as unhappy to see her go as I am some of the others they've gotten rid of in recent months and years such as Bill Keneely, Mark Mancuso and Dave Schwartz.

IMO, Alexandra doesn't really qualify as a "classic" OCM.
My Classic Weather Channel On YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOSyVIYMf6BcmbZjtYLUYBg

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2010, 07:37:23 PM »
I will admit, I am not as unhappy to see her go as I am some of the others they've gotten rid of in recent months and years such as Bill Keneely, Mark Mancuso and Dave Schwartz.

IMO, Alexandra doesn't really qualify as a "classic" OCM.

I believe we all know that, but she was way better than those women who are on there now.
Alex was the one who stood out.

Donnie Panthen

« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2010, 09:47:08 PM »
Sad that this may be true . . .

After a long hard day's work, I enjoyed relaxing with the evening TWC shows while checking up on emails.

Good luck to you Alexandra, and remember,

you are always welcome back home, here in Colonie.

Donnie

Faith

« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2010, 04:43:32 PM »
I watch TWC all the time, my husband is a farmer........That is when they don't have some stupid other show/re-run airing..... However, I don't recall the video or segment that everyone is referring to on this thread regarding Alexandrea Steele. I came to this site because I was wondering what happened to her......I do recall an evening, shortly after the new guy Chris started, when I thought Alexandra was being way too fresh with him (Chris) and causing him some embarrassment or to be uncomfortable on the air........So did she get fired or did she just leave on her own?  Does anyone really know?  Just curious.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2010, 04:49:21 PM »
I watch TWC all the time, my husband is a farmer........That is when they don't have some stupid other show/re-run airing..... However, I don't recall the video or segment that everyone is referring to on this thread regarding Alexandrea Steele. I came to this site because I was wondering what happened to her......I do recall an evening, shortly after the new guy Chris started, when I thought Alexandra was being way too fresh with him (Chris) and causing him some embarrassment or to be uncomfortable on the air........So did she get fired or did she just leave on her own?  Does anyone really know?  Just curious.

She was let go, as in "We can't keep you anymore." She never left on her own choice.

And no, She was never "too fresh" with Chris Warren.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline toxictwister00

• Ultimate Member
  • Settle It In SMASH!
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 832
  • SD Channel #: 32
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22204
  • WxScan Ch. #: 212
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2010, 05:09:09 PM »
i'm still not convinced that she is gone. 1) we don't have a reliable source that can disclose such information, 2) Cantore and Steele on facebook is still being updated (which makes no sense, why continue to name the page after a meteorologist whom is no longer on the network, when you can simply rename it), 3) her bio is still on weather.com...most meteorologist "let go" or "fired" are usually taken off the weather.com website immediately.

as for most of the responses "the bios don't come off right away" i call bull on that, there is no way of telling.

Maybe for some OCMs, but not all, I stated this in the Betty Davis thread, but her bio was still up last month, 3 months after she left in July and she was let go/contract not renewed and it's still up as of today.  :blink:

My Video Gaming YouTube Channel
NintenGamers Nation
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAi4m_Snvp3b4Vn13_Ir3rA

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2010, 06:22:25 PM »
i'm still not convinced that she is gone. 1) we don't have a reliable source that can disclose such information, 2) Cantore and Steele on facebook is still being updated (which makes no sense, why continue to name the page after a meteorologist whom is no longer on the network, when you can simply rename it), 3) her bio is still on weather.com...most meteorologist "let go" or "fired" are usually taken off the weather.com website immediately.

as for most of the responses "the bios don't come off right away" i call bull on that, there is no way of telling.

We haven't seen her in over a month, Al...if she's not gone, then where do you think she is? :blink: A month long vacation? I highly doubt it.

It is weird that a Facebook page with Cantore & Steele is still updated. As for the bios, I'm with everyone else, TWC is not good at keeping them updated, so I wouldn't use that as a soure. :no:

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2010, 07:47:16 PM »

She was let go, as in "We can't keep you anymore." She never left on her own choice.

And no, She was never "too fresh" with Chris Warren.

Actually, nobody knows what went on behind the scenes with these people.
And, there's absolutely no telling if she was getting fresh with him or not because she used to always do it when her and Jim were on-air together.

Offline Thecoolwriter

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2010, 07:50:27 PM »
The only other option is that she was involved in an accident or other event, à la Jeannetta Jones, that is preventing her from working.

However, I doubt it's anything other than her contract not being renewed.

Wow, I hope and pray that's not what happened because that would be devastating. But, nobody knows like I said.
I truly think about her sometimes and wonder if she's okay and stuff like that. It's just A feeling that comes through my mind when I sleep at night. I tend to think about people when they leave and never come back. It's just one of those moments where I tend to feel really good and get cheered up.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • SD Channel #: 214
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2010, 09:31:50 PM »
I hope she truly wasn't let go. I think she might still be @ twc but had something happen preventing her from working on air since Chrystal Egger said she was just filling in for a while(read somewhere on this forum).

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2010, 11:03:05 PM »
I appreciate a lot of you looking on the bright side about Alex still being at TWC, but I'm confused why this is still being debated. :blink: On all of the other OCM layoff topics at this forum, Martin or Jesse posted that a certain OCM was laid off and that was it. Martin did the exact same for this topic, so I don't understand what the controversy is. :wacko: I know a lot us liked Alex and wish she was still a TWC OCM, but it's time to face that facts that she's probably gone.

Offline TampaMillTWC88

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • SD Channel #: 119
  • WxScan Ch. #: 49
« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2010, 12:08:10 AM »
Hopefully everything is alright with Alex and her family, and hopefully we'll hear some sort of response or statement from her soon.
Hakeem: What's up, Jetsons!
Frank Mitchell: Jetsons?
Hakeem: Yeah, you and George got the same haircut.

- From "Moesha"