March 28, 2024, 08:41:06 AM

Author Topic: Rumors about Steph & Mike  (Read 10359 times)

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Dish Network
  • HD Channel #: 5367
  • SD Channel #: 214
  • WxStar Version: Satellite
Rumors about Steph & Mike
« on: August 06, 2011, 08:52:05 PM »
I've decided to take this discussion from the FP to here since it sorta bothers me to see TWC discussion on the FP. Don't ask..

Anyways, it was announced on Friday that the Abrams & Bettes Facebook page is being deleted, as announced:

A big thank you to all of the 10,000 of you who have followed us on Facebook. Today will be the last day for the A&B Facebook page. Please continue to like Stephanie Abrams and Mike Bettes on their individual pages. Have a great weekend and thanks for being dedicated weather fans!

...then rumors are going around (which I can't seem to find proof of). But I guess it turns out they are NOT splitting up. They're just cleaning up their "social network" by deleting those unnecessary pages that we've been liking for no reason that they've been creating for each special/show/series. The A&B page is one of them, as well as prooooobably Twitter (I think I figured why they stopped following me on twitter. :( )

Which is good, though... I remember Stephanie updating FOUR pages (the A&B, her own page, Weather Proof, and I believe WUWA as well) It's pointless to have that many pages.

So yeah, better news is that they're not splitting...if anyone is still concerned. I should start watching them this week, xD

Let's discuss~
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
I'm not a girl, nor a woman. I am a lady.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.
I'm a moderator at another forum, so my
activity is not as awesome as you think.
Ask for my skype, tumblr and/or twitter.

Offline Trevor

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • WxStar Version: IntelliStar
Re: Rumors about Steph & Mike
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:14:18 PM »
:offtopic:, but when you posted the link that said 'FOLLOW ME', it reminded me of this song.

Uncle kracker - Follow Me(Official Music Video)

Anyway, I hope that aren't splitting up. They are by FAR the best team on TWC, coming in a close second is the now defunct team of Jim and Alexandra.

Also, to fit in with Ana, I am going to Strikeout a full sentence for no apparent reason. :P

Offline Mike M

• Weatherscan Contributor
  • Ultimate Member
  • TWC Fan 1999-2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:35:35 PM »
As I mentioned in another thread, TWC most definitely just wants less profiles to maintain. A&B is a popular pairing that has raised ratings up significantly, they shouldn't be going away.

Offline WeatherWitness

• Andy
  • Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 11:32:13 PM »
Have a lot of OCMs deleted their Twitter pages? I remember Twitter being the big thing on TWC, but I don't seem to notice them making a big deal about it anymore. :thinking:

On the A&B note, it's a good thing they're not splitting, but honestly, have then been together often in the past year? I do not watch YWT, but from discussion here it always seems like Steph is on duty somewhere (or when she's not, then Mike is) and someone else is filling-in for one of them.

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 12:47:25 AM »
I discussed this with a Twitter friend. Its really a simple answer. Stephanie has like 17-18K followers on her personal twitter while the show only had 4-5K. It makes sense to get rid of the Twitter/Facebook page. Personally I liked having both, although it was more work for the OCMs, I liked being able to tweet about specific show related content on the show page. The rest of the show Twitter pages have bit the dust too like @PMEdition @WxCenter @FirstOutlook. The worst part is that the accounts were actually deleted and all of the data that had been posted and collected is gone. Seems like a waste.

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 08:59:54 AM »
Have a lot of OCMs deleted their Twitter pages? I remember Twitter being the big thing on TWC, but I don't seem to notice them making a big deal about it anymore. :thinking:

On the A&B note, it's a good thing they're not splitting, but honestly, have then been together often in the past year? I do not watch YWT, but from discussion here it always seems like Steph is on duty somewhere (or when she's not, then Mike is) and someone else is filling-in for one of them.
Well Jen is in for Steph this AM.

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »

Assuming she has the day off. That doesn't mean the rumors are true.

Anyways, Martin's got a point. They got rid of the show pages due to very little followers and/or too much clutter and lots to take care. Don't really need to see the same post on 4 different pages. xD

Twitter used to be the big thing back in what.. 09? TWC was the reason why most of us decided to get a twitter account and yet I still have mine today. xD Now it seems like they're more into facebook, but most of us don't really prefer facebook too much. :/
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.

Offline gt1racerlHDl

• Music Playlist Uploader
  • Ultimate Member
  • Smooth Jazz Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
  • Cable Provider: Xfinity
  • HD Channel #: 847
  • HD WxStar ID #: N/A
  • SD Channel #: 47
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22622
  • WxScan Ch. #: 245
  • WxScan ID #: 20735
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »
Steph was in NY this morning filling in for AL

Offline Donovan

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »

Assuming she has the day off. That doesn't mean the rumors are true.

Anyways, Martin's got a point. They got rid of the show pages due to very little followers and/or too much clutter and lots to take care. Don't really need to see the same post on 4 different pages. xD

Twitter used to be the big thing back in what.. 09? TWC was the reason why most of us decided to get a twitter account and yet I still have mine today. xD Now it seems like they're more into facebook, but most of us don't really prefer facebook too much. :/
I was just saying Steph was gone.... She usually fill's in Mondays for Al. Guess his Sunday Nights are too much to get up on Monday Morning  :bleh:

Offline TWCToday

• Ultimate Member
    • View Profile
    • Norfolk Weather Station
  • Cable Provider: COX
  • HD Channel #: 724
  • HD WxStar ID #: 029745
  • SD Channel #: 24
  • SD WxStar ID #: 22568
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 08:55:49 PM »
Very interesting point. Twitter is unique and allows for more interaction between viewer and OCM. With Facebook the information is more one way in my opinion. As for why Facebook is more popular with TWC, its simply because more people are on it. The TWC page on Facebook has 500,000+ likes while their  twitter page has around 100,000+

Offline agentreyn

• View Profile
  • Cable Provider: Bright House
  • SD Channel #: 63
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 07:37:13 AM »
I'm watching Steph right now, and I was just wondering if she's preggers? She's looking *booming* today  :biggrin:

Offline Anistorm

• Ultimate Member
  • I'm fabulous.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 01:30:04 PM »
Well, I didn't know she fills in for Al on Mondays. lol

I'm watching Steph right now, and I was just wondering if she's preggers? She's looking *booming* today  :biggrin:

Not a chance, dude. and I'm not gonna go into that in this topic.

Though, this just means that the rumors aren't true after all. /yay.
hi~ I'm Anistorm.
Member since 2008.
I like thunderstorms.